Reviews for Jareth the Man
Ldysabella chapter 1 . 5/25/2015
Wow. The Labyrinth as a test for Jareth is an angle I'd never thought of. Well done
fifi chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
wow i never thought of jareth as dreaming as well.

Great idea XD
Li chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
This is the best analysis of Jareth that I have read to date! You are right-despite what many fans seem to portray him as, Jareth is limited and his arrogance and failure to see that was his downfall. You portrayed him perfectly when describing how he he dealt with Sarah in the labyrinth, from the beginning of the movie right to the end, where he is faltering and, in effect, begging.

I love the way you so perfectly wove your story into the philosphy behind the Labyrinth. The move was about Sarah growing up and placing her fantasies in her heart where they belonged, as opposed to her actions, where they did not belong. Jareth the man has the same experience in this piece-he is an arrogant capitalist king who, like Sarah did, enters the world of his fantasies (goblin king) and comes out enlightened and wiser, grown up and humbled.

Beautifully done, thoughtful, reflective, and not driven by hormones that gave anyone undue respect. You show a great understanding of both the movie and your own own in this piece. Bravo-Eleven out of ten stars!
bobmcbobbob1 chapter 1 . 12/4/2008
A wonderfully intriguing take. Nicely done.

Happy writing!
Skyrere chapter 1 . 5/9/2007
nicely written. I truely enjoyed this piece.
Glass Dragon chapter 1 . 4/4/2006
Wow. Jareth having a real self in the world. That's new and awesome! I loved it! Your fics are always deep and meaningful Thak you so much for writing it!
displacement chapter 1 . 4/11/2005
An interesting take on the character of Jareth. Why is he such a bastard to Sarah? You've answered that question and mpre! One question-if this is the job of the Labyrinth, testing those who encounter it, then how did Jareth (the man) get there? Was Sarah real or all part of his dream?

All in all, a fantastic story!
Dark Gotham chapter 1 . 10/13/2004
Wow! This was really excelent. I truly liked this little story that you wrote.
DELETED-THIS-ACCOUNT-HAS-BEEN chapter 1 . 8/25/2004
That was very original! I like it! You bring a very good message and it's very intriguing. How did Jareth become it's King or was that only for that dream? Will there be more to this story? I smell a plot starting to develop! I sure hope so! Great writing, by the way!
Anamin chapter 1 . 8/25/2004
Hmm, interesting. Neat concept. I liked that one, too. Also an avid fan of DB. He rocks. I would ask you to read my stuff, but it's all CSI. I love to read labyfics though and have one in the works, perhaps one day after it's revamped enough, I'll post it. Thanks for sharing.
Nimbus Fabella chapter 1 . 8/24/2004
Whoa! That was a twist! I really liked that! That was seriously something that I wouldn't have expected! Keep up the good work!
Nugrey chapter 1 . 8/24/2004
What can I say? This took my breath away. The language and vocabulary were fabulous. The plot unique and memorable. I wish I could write like this at 5:30 am...you just keep getting better and better.
Mab Queen of Faerie chapter 1 . 8/24/2004
I love these short pieces of yours. Your descriptions of the characters' points of view always inspire a scene for me. Maybe I should start writing down these little snips you inspire and try to write a story someday.