Reviews for Scenes from the Life of The Trousseaus
Alina chapter 17 . 8/23/2006
One of the most intelligent, well-thought out fanfiction I have ever read. I always did wonder about the apparently non-existent neighbours. From this 'outsider's' perspective of Noir, it adds a whole new level of... reality (for want of a better word) to the show.

Brilliant. Deserves more reviews, but hey, maybe people were scared off at the prospect of reading something new and original.
X to the Zoltan chapter 3 . 2/27/2005
Only four reviews? Where's the justice? WHERE!

This is great stuff, man. I can't wait to read the rest when I can. There's this wonderful light tone, but at the same time the story has such weight and... uh, crunchy goodness.

Out of curiosity, have you ever read 'Piere Goirot' by Balzac? The resemblance is only passing, but this made me think of it.
Dragontiger96 chapter 17 . 12/27/2004
I'm am amazed at your talent...these characters are by far the most thoroughly created ones that i've seen. You've got everything from their basic apperance to Mr. Trousseau's little cane movements drawn out. The best part was that you kept the main characters true to their personality. Most people just have Kirika suddenly develop social skills, but you kept her the way she was designed, which was probably extremely difficult. Your fic is just...just... so amazing. GAH I WISH I COULD WRITE LIKE YOU!

anyway, keep up the great work. I look forward to more of your fics
fan-rei chapter 17 . 9/30/2004
i love noir fics, there's not enough of them.

i prefer happy ends, but your story was really good and enough in noir spirit.

i loved the first scene chapter 5. i really believed you talked of noir.

the notes for chap 7 were really funny : Mireille wasted? and divine directions of altena to cloe?(laugh)

chap 12 : i'm french and i never heard of madam cooking... o0

notes chap 14 : the nastys sound effects (whack, crack, thud, gurgle, argh) missed.

for concluding : loved it!
Fade9wayz chapter 1 . 9/30/2004
Hello,

I really liked your fic. It started funnily and ended so saddly, but so fittingly. I really liked the interplay between the characters. And indeed, I always wondered why there were so few reaction from their neighbourhood. Btw, in French, 'Peter' would be translated as 'Pierre'
Star Otaku chapter 17 . 8/30/2004
I am in awe at this well-woven story. Another marathon read. This story about the little family that lives in the adjoining apartment has put me through an emotional rollercoaster.

I earnestly wished for the Trousseau's to learn everything: from Peter's involvement with Les Chevaliers/Soldats to what their tenants were really involved with. But that would be too convenient and unrealistic.

I also wished for Peter to reconcile with his parents, but that would also be too unrealistic. Their familial disputes were the most heart-wrenching. You really did capture the conflict of Peter's self-sacrifice for the family, and of the Trousseau's self-sacrifice for the welfare of their child, and how in trying to be selfless for the good of the family, they have each given in to selfishness.

What you said is true - people like the Trousseau's cannot co-exist in the underworld with the likes of Noir and the Duceppes. They can only be like beams of light shining from above, and then fading away. But you had me hoping in vain that they could somehow stay uninvolved and still be a good influence on Kirika and Mireille.

I'm not one for dramas or depressing stories, but this is a good story that presented the different points of view regarding the themes presented in Noir. It was emotionally driven and character driven, and this story really made me think about the things left unsaid and undone that are such in life. You brought forward a wonderfully light atmosphere, but you always kept original tone of the Noir series in the background, slowly bringing more and more of it out as the series progressed until the very end chapters (which felt like a real Noir episode).

I do hope that your next story will be more light-hearted, along the lines of "Contracts: Noir" hopefully. I'm sure the next Section 8 story will contain the high quality in narrative that you always produce.