Reviews for Phantasm
bethahnee chapter 15 . 6/5/2005
*Alarm...Beep...beep...beep...* WARNING: INCOMING LONG REVIEW. TAKE COVER.

Before I review this actual story, I have to comment that you really bit that flamer's head off. That was ... there's no other way to put it ... AWESOME. You really gave that person a piece of your mind! I'm extremely impressed. Wow. And I am friends with a bunch of people who love Lord of the Rimgs and they all have hot tempers. That surpassed them all. I am going to print that section out and hang it on my wall for all flamers to see. Me, if I'd done that, I would have spent the rest of my life worriying over whether I was too harsh. But you're clearly not afraid to speak your mind, and that's AWESOME.

Now the review on the actual story -

I just realized who Lorelei reminds me of ... And I'm wondering if you did this on purpose as a tribute to C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien's friendship. Lorelei reminds me of the White Witch in the Narnia Series! She's creepy, seductive, and she totally freaks me out.

And to conclude this long review, I just want to say that I hope you get the next chapter up *snicker* SOON *snork* and I can't wait to read it!

Anargil _~
Anawey chapter 15 . 6/4/2005
Sorry, sorry, sorry! I was hving a bad day, Honest! I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I was in a bad mood and faild to see how well the story was written! I swear if I had been myself the reveiw wouldn'tt have been so harsh!

Extremely sorry!

Anawey
BraellyraLeatherleaf chapter 15 . 6/3/2005
Aha! Yes I'm able to Log in again!

What an absolutely WONDERFUL ending! But, then again, you haven't yet disappointed us. The great thing about reading your stories is I don't have to worry about nasty character deaths. (Even though I shamefully admit I have one planned in the future...*hides from angry Tolkien fans*

And speaking of Tolkien fans, thought it was great how you handled that review, and have to say I agree with you wholeheartedly. I for one think you've remained very true to Tolkien (as close as you can get with this stuff.) I mean, really, nothing's perfect with fanfiction, it isn't possible, but it's not like you've thrown in anything outrageous. Personally, the more Frodo angst and Ring-induced torment the better. Oh, aren't we terrible? So bravo to that!

Again, such a great story. Second favorite to Smoke and Mirrors! (Still remains my favorite of yours, lol) A Frodo fic after Moria? Please! I recently watched FotR after not watching it for months and I *still* think Frodo recovered too quickly...still, it was already 3 hours, lol!

Well, I look forward to the epilogue and further stories from you! I wish you a speedy recovery from your surgery!

~Braellyra
endymion2 chapter 15 . 6/3/2005
You did it! You tied up all the loose ends in a most satisfactory way!

Lorelei defeated by her brush! That’s nearly too good to be true! And by letting it be Frodo who had ‚the final stroke‘ you restored all the dugnity you had to take from him in orfder to gift us with this story! And by showing the tea-plastered fellowship members you managed to enter a light mood into this solemn chapter!

Ah, I hope you have many more stories in your head!

As for the ‚review‘ you showed us..I think it is the action of a pitiful coward to leave anything – and mostly a flaming – anonymously. This is a free media and even when people choose to not respect the slightest act of courtesy they have the right, but to do it anonymously is disdainful. I wonder why these people waste their time reading stuff they hate..tastes do differ, but I think if someone has constructive criticizm to offer, this would be best done in a private email!

I love our stories and find nothing out-of-character about them, but there are the most atrocious things posted on ffnet, some of them getting many ardent reviews..maybe these would be a better choice to read for your flamer? Btw..I loved your answer!
Frodo Silverlune chapter 15 . 6/2/2005
bravo, bravo, good show. Frodo saved the day. that's more like him. actually you've done a pretty decent job portraying him accurately. as a reader i would prefer a more suspicious frodo, but the real one probably would have acted as you described. anyways, i look forward to the epilouge!
lindahoyland chapter 15 . 6/2/2005
A gripping chapter,it is so good to see Frodo free of the evil at Aragorn ,the valerian must have made him feel very groggy !

I'm sorry you had a flamer, I get them at times and they are a menace,you can delete unsigned reviews and blockany named user if you wish from reviewing.
Corbin Slate chapter 15 . 6/2/2005
Yay! I'm so glad they were able to save him. I knew you'd pull it off! The hairbrush was great! I laughed when I got an image of that in my head.

hehe I almost wish that you would have put Aragorn's lecture about the healer's pouch in here. That would have been fun, but ah well. This was a great chapter! Thanks for sharing! :)
Frodo's sister chapter 14 . 5/26/2005
This story is good so far. I hope they find Frodo before he gets into any danger.
Tulip Proudfoot chapter 14 . 5/24/2005
Hm...Seems to me that Gandalf is not reacting in nearly as strong a manner as one would expect the leader of the Nine Walkers to do. I mean, it seems to me that all he's done in this entire story is sit and ponder. When's our favorite Good Wizard gonna pound some other favorite Bad Wizard into a pulp? Waiting to see it happen... And I hope it has lots of fireworks.
Tulip Proudfoot chapter 13 . 5/24/2005
This "chapter" is hillarious!
bethahnee chapter 14 . 5/24/2005
Gaah! Frodo shouldn't have done that. I am betting the next chapter will make me sob of MFA (Major Frodo Angst).

Lorelei is still freaking me out. But that hairbrush is pretty cool... maybe I could use it on my brother and tell him to buy me an LOTR aciton figure! *evil laughter*

Update soon!

Anargil _~
endymion2 chapter 14 . 5/23/2005
I’ve been without computer for quite a while, ( the damn thing denied me access!), and come back to find an – no, two! – updates! This little thing about the fellowship’s thoughts on you was hilarious!

Wonderful chapter, this! You’re right, absolutely unfluffy, LOL

„that the Ring is a powerful seductress“..I’d never thought of the ring as female...maybe this is because ring is masculine in German.

However do you want to finish this story in only one more chapter! How can Frodo even leave, weak as he is..what is Saruman planning to do now...you could write 50 more chapters about this I think!

And you don't owe me anything, my dear!
BraellyraLeatherleaf chapter 14 . 5/22/2005
Eep! *slow motion* No Frodo! NO! That's scary. Yeah this isn't the best review I've written but I'm short on time at the moment...

Great chapter anyway, as usual. :D But, what's this? IT'S ALMOST OVER? NO! Please tell me you have more story ideas!
BraellyraLeatherleaf chapter 13 . 5/22/2005
For some reason I wasn't able to Log in...anyway...

Me: *giggles insanely*

My 10 year old sister: *blank expression* Ok...

Is something wrong with this scenario?

LOL! I know you just updated a few days ago, and I'm about to review that chapter too, but I had to say something for this one, it was just too good. LOL! Anyway, as for delays between updates, I completely understand! I haven't updated in over a month, life just gets in the way! Again, great scenario, very creative and hilarious! (At least I think so)
Anawey chapter 14 . 5/19/2005
There'd better be another chapter. That was most unlike Frodo in every single way. I am sorry to be so hard, but not only would Tolkein be pissed, but all the characters on the side of good would disown this. I myself was expecting a little better of an ending. Like why couldn't he have changed his mind last minuet? If that's how this tale ends, I'm sorry, but I am not pleased even though I'm not a Tolkein Purist. I am simply a disapointed fan.

~Anawey