Reviews for A Change Would Do You Good
Dragoon23 chapter 1 . 9/5/2005
hahaha. I was cracking up with the hair part. XD Though I agree wtih some of the other reviews taht Robin was being an ass. I can't believe that Raven didn't blast him to another dimension (just for a little) for telling her to lighten up, then say change back. Anyway, good job.
bamberbabe88 chapter 1 . 7/24/2005
so far all the stories i read by you are great! i love how you manage to keep raven and robin in character but put them in odd stituations. this was an extremely funny stoy and well worth the long read.
Neoinean chapter 1 . 5/12/2005
Once again, by your suggestion/request...

The movie MST3K was funny.. lots and lots of good references that made me feel either special or geeky because I got them.

If I've managed to pick the plot out of the scene, Raven starts with the comments and that snowballs into the MST3K. He's mad at Raven for this, even though at times he's laughing right along with everyone else. So basically he's upset that she didn't try as hard as she should have? I hope that's it.

Also, some of Starfire's comments didn't quite fit with her character and her Terran culture knowledge base. It didn't really fit with your near-perfect characterization of her later on in the fic.

And now for a review of the substance of the fic without interjecting my own personal beliefs on love and relationships...

I liked Cyborg's brotherly affection for Raven.

Robin not being able to deal with Raven being a wet blanket... It's not the darkness or the misery he would have problems with (he grew up with Batman after all). I guess it's how she always speaks her mind, which can be annoying at times I do suppose. I can believe it of Dick to issue such an ultimatum.

Raven... The scene where she argued with her "father" was very well done. And I do believe that she loves Robin. How you describe her feelings for him-her need for him in her life... felt right. How he's the only one she'd ever be willing to jump through these hoops for makes sense.

Starfire and Raven at the mall. Love it! And the discussion of Star's relationship with Robin. Nice touches there. But... a Lana Lang store?

Raven's words to the tailor reminded me of Margaret's words to Klinger when she's trying to find a dress to impress Scully lol.

I can see how Raven's need for Robin changed he character. She showed real vulnerability, which is a new thing for her, and you covered that nicely. Though Robin having second thoughts after a week of Raven avoiding him... liked that he had second thoughts, but I think you could have done more with it. Why his sudden change of heart? The same with their conversation at the end, when he told her as such. It was nicely done, but I think you could have fleshed it out a bit more, gone more into Robin's reasonings. We got a great picture of Raven and how her need for Robin in her life has changed her, but Robin's motivations at the end are a bit unclear.

Anyway, there were a lot of great moments in this fic, and I found it overall an enjoyable read. Nice work.
the goddess of crossovers chapter 1 . 12/12/2004
Well...that took quite a long time to read. Now I have a bit crititsm. Hope you dont mind. First off I dont think someone should change for a relationship. Second, I also believe the ending scene in harder words was almost like this(to me atleast) "Raven I put you through all of this for nothing. I dont like it change back!"

"Of course Robin. Anything for you."

Ugh. How lame. I would slap the guy atleast a few times for making me go through all of that and than dissing it. I would also rethink that scene a bit...no? Well sorry for making you read all this. Im a bit known for super long reviews...this is actually one of my short ones. Over all on your story though,, A 7. keep trying. Dont thinkof my overall score on you offensivly. I mean, It had to be good enough for me to read the whole thing!(Usually I'll give up after a few pharagraphs if I dont like it) Nicely done. Kepp it up.

Allison.
DXM Junkie chapter 1 . 12/10/2004
This story kind of makes me angry. If Robin truly loved her, he wouldnt want her to change. I also dont think that Raven could lower herself to painting her room *Gasp* PINK!

One with a past such a Raven's wouldnt be able to banish her whole personality just like that.

Robin was an ass for even saying that he want's them to take 'a break' just so she changes.

She should be good enough for him as it is!

It was a very good ficcy though, well written and appropriate in lenght.
vinnie the geek chapter 1 . 12/9/2004
I liked it. The movie segment might have been just a teesy bit long, but that is probably just me...

Keep it up.

vin
wordbearer chapter 1 . 11/20/2004
Wow. A touch off the wall, but Raven is generally portrayed. Kudos.
zaknafien chapter 1 . 11/5/2004
Great story. I really liked the end, it was so good. I read through the whole movie part but I didn't really understand it. Guess it's like when I go to the movies with my friends and we make all these jokes that only we understand. That part was a little confusing but it was worth it because th erest of the story was SO good. All your stories are so good. I've reread this one and Only Son so many times. Great job. Please try to write those Teen Titan stories you talked about in your profile, they all sound so good.
Fortex chapter 1 . 10/17/2004
I think you have a very interesting plot in this fanfic. Raven's constant negativity could easily wear down the people around her. The MST3K angle was a nice touch.
Sibilant Whisper chapter 1 . 10/11/2004
The movie part and whole thing was a little funny. ESPECIALLY on the movie part. But despite it all, even the 'i love you' , I'd have still at least kicked robins ass. Changed room color, wore a pink dress and CUT my hair and then suddenly he liked the OLD me? Hell no. _ After all that, too. But great story nonetheless.
ChocolateCurlz chapter 1 . 9/29/2004
Hee, this is an interesting style from the norm, Mr. Weezing. It certainly was funny, and it had some killer one-liners, but, I dunno, I didn't really like the message of having to change and all that. I mean, I KNOW that in the end Robin regretted it and all, but I don't think this did any favours for the RavRob pairing. No offence, it WAS good in it's own way, but there was just too much complaining! Still, the movie part was good, even if I did get lost (but then again I credit that to my stupidy) and the lesson you had (Never change your siginfigant other) WAS strong... I dunno, just ignore me. Keep it coming,

CC
Empress Raven chapter 1 . 9/15/2004
Oh! Superchicken again! *dances a jig*

I loved this John! It was great! I laughed, I cried... I wanna read it again! Write more, I gotta re-read.
Star-of-Chaos chapter 1 . 9/14/2004
Very cute story. I loved the movie bit. :-)
Little Black Teacup chapter 1 . 9/11/2004
its so light and fluffy and mushy and huggable and loveable and smileable and happyable and...

darkey, you make such happy optimistic stuff, how you do it is a mystery even to me

there you have your quirky review from yours truly
Tears of the Sky chapter 1 . 9/1/2004
I LIKE THE MOVIE! The movie was awesome ‘This is your brain on death, any questions?’… my favorite line. You must make a sequel!

Til then,