Reviews for Angel's Legacy
madly9 chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
This is an amazing story. You did an excellent job exploring Dukat's mind and all the emotions he felt when she died. A truly powerful story that does justice to such an amazing character.
Razzle chapter 1 . 8/28/2009
I should have reviewed this a long time ago, but this literally left me speechless with amazement. I felt like I was right there with Dukat the whole time. I really felt for him during the show, and so this fanfic is really something I appreciate finding. I really love that you haven't had to resort to making Sisko and/or the Federation, etc, out to be the "real bad guys" in order to make Dukat a sympathetic character. You've really beautifully portrayed his terrible, terrible pain as a father who has outlived a child. It really makes sense, the way it all just sort of focuses in like a laser on something small like Sisko's baseball. It's just really really angsty, sad, poignant... I run out of words. You are so right, with that line:

"But Dukat did realize that Sisko felt sorry for him because he lost something that no one should ever have to lose. He lost a child. Dukat could accept that."

As for your author's note - I don't see a single thing in your interpretation that contradicts canon. Your fanfic seems to fit perfectly with canon in my opinion.

Also, somehow in this fanfic you've expressed Dukat's feelings to the readers without making him go out of character by being a weakling or sobbing his life story out to Sisko or something. I really see this as how Dukat would have been thinking, and I think this fanfic is how I'm going to see it when I watch the show from now on. You are spot on. I should also add, though I'm completely distracted by your wonderful portrayal of Dukat, that you've got Sisko characterized perfectly as well, though he only shows up a bit in this fanfic.

You know, I think ultimately that after Dukat lost Ziyal he had nothing else to lose. I agree that that was a major factor in what led to his rapid downward spiral into insanity, if not the direct cause.

This is an absolutely, utterly amazing fanfic. I'm a Dukat fan and I'm really very picky about his characterization, but in this fanfic I think you caught his character at least as well as I ever could. This is absolutely wonderful. This fanfic is a treasure.
Mary chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
Very believable. I could imagine Dukat thinking this.
Gryphaena chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
This was good. I also thought that Dukat was getting crazy.
SpaceRoses chapter 1 . 7/25/2005
This story was really great. Dukat was a very complex chaecter but the only facet we eally see is his evil one. Your story shows the side that is a father more then anything. Keep writing, your stuff is really great.
namjai chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
These thoughts were believably in character for Dukat; he always was a multilayered character. Good work!
PraiseDivineMercy chapter 1 . 9/9/2004
Very touching. I rewatched that episode earlier today and I really believe your fic describes what he could have been thinking. Dukat is a very complex character to write about. I agree with you that that was most likely the point at which he started to lose it.
StarTraveler chapter 1 . 8/25/2004
wow great story. I loved Dukat this is going on my fav story list.