Reviews for Songs of the Soul
gleamfang chapter 26 . 2/2/2012
This story is really very gripping. I did not even stop to sleep as I badly wanted Squall and Rinoa to bloody meet each other in the first few chapters, make up in the latter half and for Squall to come back till the end. Needless to say I was glued to my screen until the end. Thank you for such a heart-warming last scene too. I know wedding endings are so cliche but the timing for this is just too perfect. Very nice touch with Natalie's epic number at the end. A really fitting wedding gift haha.

Speaking of which, Natalie is one fiery women. She does Martial arts too! Dang! So in love with that. I liked her as a sort of middleman for Squall and Rinoa and having her as Rinoa's friend during their stint at the hotel just adds more credibility to the separation story and truly leading their own lives.

On the note about lives, I can't believe you killed Squall by way of a freaking cheap shot. I really enjoyed reading about how. He got back in the saddle especially when Zell and Irvine were like "he's back" but then you went and got him killed. That was freaking cold man! Thank Hyne you brought him back at the end and that was an uber exciting fight scene (annihilation by magic) scene. However, still killing Squall? Glad everything worked out though thanks for that.

Cheers

Keep Writing
Abysia chapter 26 . 12/4/2009
This story was entertaining, funny, romantic, and tragic. I thoroughly enjoyed it. However, your basic spelling and grammatical errors really detracted from the effect. Most notably, the use of "your" instead of "you're". I highly suggest you work on perfecting your grammar before finalizing any future submissions. Altogether, an excellent fic, and definitely worth reading.
xXBadLuckDuckXx chapter 26 . 11/15/2009
awesome story great twist with killing squall and then bringing him back
krusche chapter 12 . 9/3/2007
panget...

...
FigyazHesSick chapter 26 . 2/12/2006
Oh, oh wow...

You really, honestly, did a truly perfect job on this in my opinion.

Sure, there were small parts of words that needed to be capitalized or something, but the sheer lovely sotryline easily shaded that out.

I simply loved this.
higher than sky high chapter 26 . 2/12/2006
Ah it's over! I'm sort of sad.. but it was such a happy ending. :) I'm really glad you tied everything up.. wow. It was an awesome fic.. that deserves more reviews! Haha.

Noticed your grammar became more shoddy in the last few chapters.. like when Natalie was talking you didn't capitalize the word I at all.. xD

Wel I want to end my review on a positive note! So, thanks for writing this truly touching story. I really enjoyed reading it. :) Hope to see you write more! _
higher than sky high chapter 25 . 2/12/2006
Ohmygosh, that was like the sweetest chapter ever... I really smiled at all those memories of the wedding. Just like Irvine and Zell to pull a prank like that.. _ I was half laughing my butt off half grinning like a fool during reading this. :)
higher than sky high chapter 24 . 2/12/2006
Ahh, this was so.. cute! Go Squall! _
higher than sky high chapter 19 . 2/12/2006
Gosh. I really hope that Rinoa isn't Ultimecia cause that theory doesn't make sense at all to me.. plus if they were in time compression then how could Rinoa and Ultimecia both exist, eh? Ok. *keeps on reading* Please let Squall be alive... o_o
higher than sky high chapter 17 . 2/12/2006
GAH. I can't believe you killed off Squall and now Rinoa is evil! -_- Well I suppose SOMETHING will happen, since there's 8 more chapters epilogue.. just wow. I loved your descriptions and use of repetition in this chapter; it really worked to bring out Rinoa's anguish. I could really picture it.. but that last bit with her wings was just.. whoa.

Actually I'm surprised this doesn't have more reviews, cause it's a heck of a lot better than a lot of stuff I read with way more reviews... gah.
higher than sky high chapter 9 . 2/12/2006
Awwh, they met. :) I love Phantom of the Opera too, whe.

Hope they get together. _
higher than sky high chapter 6 . 2/12/2006
Wow.. can't believe Irvine would spill that easily on his friend. Natalie seems to be helping though.. heh wonder when she'll recognize that the person's Rinoa! I hope she's safe though and the terrorists don't get to her.
higher than sky high chapter 5 . 2/12/2006
HAHAHAHA. I was laughing through like half of this. :) Love the part with Irvine and the lead weights, seems like something he would do.. hehe.

Why is Deling City called Galbadia City now? Maybe I missed that while reading.. or..
higher than sky high chapter 4 . 2/12/2006
Whoa.. bar fight! Haha, nicely written action scene.. wonder if the stuff they say is true. And how did they get that picture? *ponders*
higher than sky high chapter 3 . 2/12/2006
This story is really.. interesting. I like your writing style; it's very unique. ;) I noticed you had some problems with capitalization, contractions, and homophones.. but maybe it'll get better by the end. Overall it's still great.

For some reason I can't imagine Squall so depressed and actually showing it and hurting himself. I always imagined him more sensible and logical, maybe I thought he would try and keep all his feelings in?