Reviews for Abstract
Anon chapter 1 . 12/25/2013
Oh gosh, that was intense. O_O How you come up with this stuff, is amazing and creative. Wow!
celadonserpent chapter 1 . 4/3/2007
Wow. A very, very interesting and original concept. The style belies the horror behind the story. This is an excellent piece of fiction.
Denwa chapter 1 . 2/18/2006
Wow. I thought it was kinda scary... But since I such a sissy girl, yep, I think everything is scary. But it's still really, really cool and interesting story in Garet's Point of view. Good job!
sirkibble2 chapter 1 . 1/8/2006
Why am I reviewing this so late? Because I just got to read it. _

I am a person who likes to completely be able to feel what the heck is going on and I must say, I felt this one a little too much. It has that "Satan's talking to you" kind of thing. Extremely well written as it did get some emotion out of me.

My only complaint was that Garet didn't seem to resist the voice as much as I hoped he would. He never yelled at himself(a sure sign of insanity) or anything of the matter. He sort of just went with it. I guess I was looking for more realism with that aspect.

In short, it was great eerie story and that did invoke some emotion. Great stuff.
Kiiroitsuki chapter 1 . 10/20/2005
Wow, that was really good! The way you write is... very very very very different from anything I've read, so that is totally very very good!

But... I read most of the other reviews and I *try* to see the "creepiness" of it but... I *think* I get it... (basically, I didn't find it 'that' creepy)

Like how sometimes I have a dream and I "somehow" be able to control myself and I say Hey! I'm dreaming! then I want to get into mischief by getting myself killed (I ran myself into a car once!) ... O_o

So, "what if this was real?" is that what everyone meant? err, anyway, I thought you were going to continue it until it finished! *waa* ah wells...
superspork97 chapter 1 . 7/19/2005
Wow... that was really good. I've definitely never read anything like it before. I liked the sudden transition between humor and seriousness; we followed Garet's leap from conscious sanity to a dreaming, distorted reality. That was very, very, good. Going on my favorites.
Dianahnd chapter 1 . 4/9/2005
Quite an interesting fanfic you got here. I've always expected anything to do with Garet would be humour/comic relief.

Well the first part is definitely humour. Evil spider! :P

And then comes the real serious part after that. The fanfic doesn't freak me out that bad, but it does give a foreboding feeling of: "What if one day, you woke up with a voice in your head, sounding more like the devil in disguise?"

An interesting twist to Garet's point of view.
Rozzlynn chapter 1 . 1/25/2005
Very good. The humour part at the start was fine, I guess, but it's the dream where it got interesting. Wasn't sure where it was going at first. From 'Do you have a weapon?' when Isaac walked up, I could guess where it was going, and the scarf thing was truly creepy. I think the major shift in style contributed to that, making it a little disorienting. The story wasn't as surprising after that, and Garet did seem convinced a bit too easily in the cave and the hospital, but he put up enough of the fight for it to be believable if the voice was taking control behind the scenes as well, with the manipulating conversation being a part of the change and a distraction from the rest of it. Then at the end, the Ivan bit was strange. The only part that wasn't clear until the he picked up the axe was if it would be exactly that right away. Get the feeling it was better to end it where you did, where it's possible to imagine they still might be able to intervene when he walks in there with the axe...
Kuroya chapter 1 . 1/17/2005
Wow... That's all I can say. Wow.

I'm adding this to my favorite stories list.
The Letter M chapter 1 . 10/22/2004
This is good. The style is unique and really fits the story-Garet is dillusional and fading in and out of reality, so the story is told in disjointed bursts of thought and conversation. It's just confusing enough.

The only thing I'd do is make it longer. You can stretch the suspense, and the story, out a bit more by adding a few minutes to each little scene. I'm always an advocate of a little more detail. (as I'm sure you've noticed by now.) ;)

Oh, and run through it a few times just to correct the grammar and stuff. Take a red pen and a printout of the story and mark it up. Or have someone else mark it up.

And . . . I never did get a sure impression of just how big that spider was . . . it ate rodents, so I'm thinking basketball sized? BE a little more descriptive of his little fight scene with the critter, just for fun.

Over all, a terribly eerie story. You could either continue it, or leave it just as it is and keep us guessing. I think I like it left as it is . . . :)
Cowpuppy chapter 1 . 10/5/2004
That's powerful... and very good. It thoroughly creeped me out, which is a good thing. If I feel real emotion after reading something like this, then it has to be written well.

You brought out Garet's personality very well. That was probably the best part of the story; reading about him in a different light than most stories portray him.

The grammar was excellent, and your spelling was superb. Very good.
Mesoforte chapter 1 . 10/2/2004
Interesting look at the thoughts of a deranged mind, though it was extremely creepy.

Good chapter, seeya later.
Anzu Rose chapter 1 . 10/1/2004
umm... wow... Everyone on is going to hate me for this and come after by blood but I really didn't like it... I was actually going to say I hated it but that's to strong... I really really didn't like this storry, no offence to you at all.

It has absolutly nothing to do with the mechanichs, they were briliant. The grammer was flawless, your spelling was perfect, the format was perfect for this story... And the skill this fic shows is supurb, obviously far superior to my own. Actually that stuff is the reason I'm not saying I hate this story... nah my hate is all for the plot line...

Everyone was talking about how subtle the change was and how unubvious the voice was trying to manipulate Garet... but honestly it was pretty easy to tell he was turning him against his friend.

One other thing I loved about this fic is how you nailed Garet's personality head on. I get really sick of fan fics where all he's there for is to eat food and be comic releif. I really think you delved deep into his charachter and thats another reason this fic is goodish. But your one flaw with his charachter is I really really doubt Garet would turn like he did. He is far to loyal to Isaac. If he went around killing the others thats understandable but he would never cause Isaac harm even to put him out of his misery. Actually around the time when Isac had the feaver I was slamming my compy practically wanting to strangle that voice. I can't see Garet ever doing what he did... taht was the biggest thing tha tbugged me about this story...

The plot line was really origianal and shall probably be mentioned and cause insperation for much time to come. But the plot scared me, literely... once it faded into the dream and Isaac sstarted unravaling and I was very tempted to shut my compy close... I was getting really scared. But it wasn't a good scared, it was a blood runs cold scare that made me think "Garets gone... this voice rules now..." that and it made me think that could aply to any person, and how someday when my mom grows old the alshimer her mom had might come back and my mom will be gone, instead the voice will be there possesing her just like this happened to Garet.

Overall it was a brillient fic just not the kind I like, and really scary. The writing of this was compleatly amazing, and I can't waitfor more fics from you.
Griffinkhan chapter 1 . 9/9/2004
A very aptly named fic, Joker. It's totally different from anything else I've read, which is what makes it so darn *good*. I wonder, though, did Garet really wake up at all? He could still be sleeping... And if he isn't, will he just be going after Ivan, or Isaac, or maybe he'll end up killing everyone in an insane frenzy? ;

...Anyway, I'd ask for more, but it'd probably end up spoiling the effect. Leaving the readers to draw their own conclusions just makes the story more powerful. So, um, what I'm trying to say is, great job! Write more stuff soon! And I'm going to stay away from spiders now... _-
Dead and Forgotten. Amen chapter 1 . 9/2/2004
You...you're scaring me joker...

-Tommy

P.S. I now hate purple spiders.