Reviews for Meeting Later
Pata Hikari chapter 5 . 8/2/2015
I think, perhaps, the most important part of this chapter is how Ranma refuses to give Ukyo any advice on Akane while freely giving Akane all the info on the other fiancees she asks for.

It's pretty amusing how everybody quickly sees how deep Akane's gotten into Ranma's life. Shampoo and Ukyo immediately see her as Enemy Number 1.

Another interesting element is that they're both being fairly honest about their attraction to each other. They're both "taken" as they were, so Akane has no problem admitting it, even if she thinks it's not something he can ever have.

This is, of course, a bit of humorous irony to the readers and those In The Know, as we and a handful of others do know that Ranma and Akane are in fact, available for each other.

Nabiki was entertaining, her sociopathic tendencies are turned down in this AU, but I think it's possible to argue she'd develop a bit differently without someone like Ranma to make fun and profit off of. Plus her throwing in the teasing to make Akane blush and panic is always good.

Nodoka's not exactly being subtle in her setting her her son and practically-adopted-already-daughter is she though? The matching outfits and all, plus having her model for him, hah.

Shampoo realizing who Kasumi is to Dr. Tofu is funny, and his "Training" scene was a perfect bit of slapstick I can easily imagine in the comic.
little-ivy89 chapter 20 . 4/21/2015
Waaaaaaah! This can be the end! this has been such an engaging and fun story, I really hope there will be more! :D
smashman42 chapter 20 . 3/16/2015
A great concept well executed. I was always left guessing what part of the equivalent of the manga happened to Ranma or Akane; was this person's arrival to do with Nerima itself, or were they pursuing Ranma or someone else specifically that wasn't in Nerima in this story? Hell, you could almost do a prequel covering their separate lives up until the idiot fathers made Akane run off, and even though most of it has been revealed throughout this story it would still be totally worth reading.

Like with so many other fantastic stories I'm so sad that it appears abandoned now, though I understand how life can get in the way. Still faved and followed just in case.
Pata Hikari chapter 4 . 1/27/2015
The tournament arc starts!

It's a nice and convenient little way to show all the major characters stuff, and have some fun fights with a reason too (Unlike most fights in Ranma 1/2 which happen for no reason).

Junko shows the biggest darker divergence, the canon Ryu Kumon arc ended with everything fine. This one, however, shows some dark consequences. Ranma's pretty trapped with a million obligations and yet unable to get really close to them. His friendship with Akane is helpful in that regard.

Sakura continues to be an interesting antagonist. She takes the role that Kodachi does in canon, only she's even worse. And of course, Ranma and Akane's innocent conversation that leads to an entertaining.

Ryoga continues to be... Ryoga. Bad luck with love in general, and thus we see the nod to the popular Ryoga/Ukyo pairing... which is completely non-existent in this story thanks to Bad Life Choices by Hibiki.

Ranma's oblivious reaction to his growing attraction to Akane is cute, by the way. May he reign forever as Champion of Breakfast... as soon as he can beat Akane's trick.
Pata Hikari chapter 3 . 11/24/2014
Yes, Ranma does have weird friends.

The canon Ranma only brushed the topic of sex, using innuendo and jokes. (Makes sense, as it is a shounen series). This story, however, confronts it directly. Makes sense since most people reading Ranma fanfic by the time this story's been published are adults. :v

Akane's Kuno induced trauma is shown. She actually wasn't that sensitive about perverts in canon, but I guess a whole year of dealing with those idiots and Kuno would be enough to set her off.

The massage scene was great, let the sexual tension build up begin! Complete with an amusing collision of misunderstandings. Thankfully Akane was quick to forgive as usual, especially with Nodoka there to help.

Plus Ranma getting woken up with ramen was hilarious.
Pata Hikari chapter 2 . 11/21/2014
Hello Shampoo! Hello Ukyo!

Meeting two of Ranma's fiancees, and neither of them give a particularly great first impression. Clingy and smug, yes, but she's not near as hostile to Akane as Ukyo is. Though she does pick a fight with Akane, still not that great.

Ukyo though, oh boy. She gets real possessive, jumping right away to some extensive violence. The first bit of her being mad about the kiss is a little understandable. Everything afterwords is her just losing control of her jealousy though.

Ranma's time is at school is interesting. Here we really start to see the little twist in that things happened a bit... darker then in canon. Not super dark, but life has just a little bit harder for both Ranma and Akane separately then it was alone. In canon Ranma in general seems to be a decently popular guy, no real trouble in school other then that caused by the Principal. Here things are a bit more divided. He's liked, but doesn't seem to have any school friends, and there's a group of boys who hate him and do sophomoric teasing.

Finally, the sparring matches. The main match was great. It started out not much different then the manga, then Akane calls Ranma out on his dodging by pulling out one of the tricks she's picked up. Ranma realizing he wasn't respecting Akane in the match was perfect and really helps set the stage for this story's Akane, a strong fighter in her own right who's actually given respect and acknowledgement about it. The breakfast fight is, of course, hilarious. And it's fun to see Ranma knocked down a bit when it's not too serious.

Hooray, Tofu! He's pretty popular in fanfic, even though he just vanishes in the manga people tend to go with it in many ways. Here we see you've gone with the interpretation that he's moved away. It works.

The new supporting characters introduced in the story work well. Not much revealed about Sena and Junko, but Sena makes a good way to kick Tofu into shape.
Pata Hikari chapter 1 . 11/21/2014
Right. So this is arguably the single best Ranma fanfic on the site. As such, I've decided I'll be giving each chapter a nice review.

Right, so here's the first chapter. One minor issue is that you don't have the little prologue that's on your now dead Geocities site that explains the core concept of the AU. It's still good and it's pretty quickly gotten as you read it.

We see the basic frame of the story, Ranma's still stuck with multiple girls while Akane's been stuck dealing with Kuno. It's nice to see the two spark a fast friendship, because really the two are very compatible and without the pressure of the engagement and the disastrous first meeting they're pretty compatible people.

Of course the inversion of the bath scene is great. A good way for Akane to learn about the curse. Ranma's comment about being a "freak" is a good start for an element that will reoccur later in the story. That can be commented on later.

Over all a good spark for the idea, while you're definitely a better writer then Tom Wrensch, I have to still concede that he sure did think up a good idea.
Guest chapter 2 . 7/8/2014
Interesting idea but a Ranma where he has to deal with restraining orders and is bullied by other kids because he can't pound the crap out of them kind of sucks all the fun out of a Ranma fic. It's about as OOC as I can imagine.
Guest chapter 20 . 7/3/2014
are you ever going to finish this?
Lecka chapter 20 . 7/3/2014
Update please! Its soooo good... don'tt forsake this fanfic (puppy eyes)
;)))
BiGDeal chapter 20 . 3/10/2014
I have to say that I've thoroughly enjoyed this series, and kept looking ahead to reading the next episode and seeing what mayhem the Nerima Wrecking Crew could get into. Like the previous reviewer, I'm saddened that this has been abandoned and look forward to the author coming back and taking another shot at resolving the series. No, not a mash-up to resolve all threads in one fell swoop, but to give Ranma and Akane the closure that the series needs.
iron.exe chapter 20 . 2/24/2014
I'm sad that this was abandoned so close to completion.
Guest chapter 20 . 1/4/2014
This is really good! There were a few editing mistakes, like repetitions of sentences, and the such, but there weren't enough to cause irritation to the reader. I have to say, with the plot and the writing style, this is one of the best Ranma 1/2 fanfics I've read. Please continue to write more!
Phoenixstar117 chapter 20 . 12/14/2013
Great story, and so near to concluding at least one of the fiancé messes. Anyway, I really hope you continue this someday.
NonBlondSpazz chapter 20 . 9/25/2013
You are by far one if my all time favorite authors and I hope you will be continuing this story. ) please keep up the good work, the fandom world and fanfiction world would truly be missing out without you.
607 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »