Reviews for Children of Eve
Helena chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
wow, I have never thought about him that way but you are totally write. And I love your writting stly
Danny Barefoot chapter 1 . 9/6/2004
Couldn't you have given the hero bit a tad more footage? This is an excellent piece though, detailed, believable whether you want to or not, and well grounded emotionally. Maybe use something a bit more magical than life support, but very well done indeed.
Spork-Queen chapter 1 . 8/29/2004
I really love this story. Truly. I also see the resemblance between Peater and Neville, James and Harry, Surius and Ron, and of course Lupin and Hermonie. It is very well written. Lovely one-shot, ne? Once again, I really loved it, great plot.
Nuwie chapter 1 . 8/27/2004
Hello Tirya ! So the hint in your other fic was only the tip of the iceberg, was it ? ;-) Honestly, I think the parallelisms between the two are obvious, yeah… but, I also think Neville will not act like Peter, in the end. Precisely. Well, as I also thought Sirius would not die, I'm almost certainly wrong, but… lol As usual, you story was great, and the emotions well described. Did the same to me as this scene in the hospital in book 5. And I totally understand Neville for wishing his parents' death: sometimes, it's just better. * sigh *

Ah, and just so you know, the answer to your last mail is a work in progress… a long work in progress… You know what I mean.
DarkLordLongbottom chapter 1 . 8/27/2004
It was a nice read and all. And I like Neville going dark but not betraying harry. Because I think it won't happen. 1. Why Would he join ranks with those who did that to his parents? And the man who would have tried to kill him if harry had died instead of lived? 2. MWPP all hung out together they were BEST-friends. Neville doesn't tag along after them. J.K. Says it's a Trio. Meaning three not four. 3. It would make the last two books suck. Because it will be History Repeating itself. And if we go that route Hermione(remus) will be bit by a werewolf. Ron(sirius) will go to Azkaban. And Harry(Mr. Riddle) will become the next Dark Lord. Sorry if it looks like a flame the writing is nice I just don't see it happening.

P.S. I Believe if it was peter down in the D.O.M with james he would have begged james to give it up. And he would not have came back to fight with a busted nose and mouth.
White Evergreen chapter 1 . 8/26/2004
You know, when I first started reading Harry Potter, I wondered if perhaps Rowling had named him Neville after Neville Chamberlin, the British Prime Minister who sold out to Hitler to try and prevent WWII for the very same reason that I think you wrote this piece. But after reading Order of the Phoenix, I strongly disagree. There are definate similarities between Neville and Peter, that much is true. But then, so are Tom Riddle and Harry Potter. I will not refer to them as Wormtail and Voldemort because those are the names they took on after they made their decisions on who they wanted to be. Peter sucked up to James, Sirius, and Remus, whereas Neville told Harry, Ron, and Hermione he thought they were wrong straight to their faces. He wasn't very happy about it, but he did it. Neither of them appear to have much talent, Peter still doesn't. But did Rowling mention how Neville showed the most pronounced improvement in the DA and that the only one who mastered the Shield Charm faster was Hermione. He refused to back down and letting the trio go off to save Sirius on their own, which resulted in him suffering the Cruciatus curse by the same woman who drove his parents insane. Yet he still yelled for Harry NOT to give up the prophecy on his behalf. That does not sound like a coward to me, nor a traitor, as Peter is. If Rowling is trying to make a parallel between the two, I believe it's to show what, or who, Peter could have been had he been made of stronger stuff.

Still, this is great piece of writing, as always. You had me so enraptured with "Crushed Velvet" I stayed up the entire night (a Monday with school for the rest of the week) to finish it. You always manage to pack so much depth and feeling into your stories, I'm jealous. Your having Neville wish that his parents had died and feeling like a monster for it is a particularly nice and yet gut-wrenching twist. He shouldn't feel so guilty for thinking that. It's not really any different than putting an animal to sleep to spare it from its pain. Parents are much, much more important than an animal, don't get me wrong, but the idea of it being a kind of mercy is the same. I would know. My cousin was born mentally retarded and my uncle became so after some freak accident when he was four. We all love both of them dearly, but it gets hard sometimes to see them like that, as it is for Neville. I like how you cover the issues from all sides. Unlike some authors, you allow your characters to be human enough to not be single minded or see the world as only black and white. Me thinks we can explect great things from you, Tirya. I'm sorry if I seemed a little narrow-minded before. This is just one more opinion among the masses. Who am I to stand on a soapbox and preach to the world? I look forward to reading your next story.
NiciCool chapter 1 . 8/26/2004
Wow, I never really thought of it that way, but I guess Neville might. I'm not sure though, because Neville really does seem to be a true friend, especially to Harry. At the end of Order of the Phoenix, him and Harry are basically the only one's left fighting, and Neville saves Harry's life. Still, I see you're point. Keep writing!
Random Reader chapter 1 . 8/26/2004
It fits! Lol! Why did I never think of that before? Sirius, James, Remus, and Peter. Ron, Harry, Hermione, and Neville. Yah Peter and Neville do seem a lot alike don't they, even though we really know nothing of Peter's past. Good fic. I like that song at the end. One thing to point out. The Longbottoms weren't in a total state of comatose, they could still walk around and do things. They just didn't speak. But whatever, a fic is a fic and that gives you the right to change things. Keep writing. _v