Reviews for It's Great to Be Eight?
fanka77 chapter 35 . 8/22/2014
Great story! Now I'm gonna read part 2.
damnflamingos chapter 35 . 8/7/2012
This was such a lovely story, I loved reading about little Sam and overprotective Jack. Thanks.
JolinarSam chapter 4 . 8/8/2011
" I can't sleep and there's nothing for me to do here. I wonder..."

Oh Oh...!
JolinarSam chapter 3 . 8/8/2011
Looks good so far. Don't know if you are still reading reviews, but so far there are no clues which season this happens in, but Sam wasn't 38 until somewhere around Season 10. Sam was born December of 1969. Its my favorite pet peeve, the characters' age being mangled :)

Other than being distracted by that, its good so far.
Greeneyedzenggirl chapter 24 . 4/27/2011
I just finished chapter 24 and had to put your mind at ease about CMDs. While small, and fabricated by you for plot continuity, it IS possible that one, especially containing a charge, could explode with sufficient force to harm personnel, or the gateroom/gate/etc. As you know, the gate itself is essentially a giant superconductor. The vast majority of it, and it's components are made of Naquada. Any interface for the dialing computer would be interfaced to these circuit pathways, and individual components would, like as not, be made, of necessity, out of Naquada. With the current situation, an individual CMD could easily retain more than enough energy to create a fairly significant explosion.

I tried the keep it to a Jack answer, mainly because I'm forever getting "Carter, MY HEAD!" I have enough in common with our favorite Carter that my friends and family quickly resorted to calling me "Carter" when we all started watching the show. It didn't help of course that my first name also happens to be Samantha.

While I'm here, let me thank you for the wonderful work you've been doing. I've already read all the JJ related stories and came back for this one.

Thanks,

Samantha "Carter" a greeneyedgirl. :)
Dream Painter chapter 35 . 12/26/2009
LOL! Poor Jack!

A very enjoyable tale - well-written, with healthy doses of humor and fun. Brilliantly done. I love it!
angelthree117 chapter 35 . 9/3/2009
that was awsome! Love the sweatshirt. One of the best kid stories i've read thanks for the laughs. Wouldnt it be great to be able to go back to that age?
angelthree117 chapter 15 . 9/2/2009
So sweet!
angelthree117 chapter 12 . 9/2/2009
you know, i went to that once. it was really neat. and it was quite a zoo.
Harmne chapter 35 . 7/17/2009
I really, really loved this story! Thanks so much for sharing!
Harmne chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
Oh, thank GOD! I stayed up all night trying to find this story again, and ended up finding a recommendation for it on another website altogether! I though I searched for every possible combination of words in the title and summary but nothing came up. THIS time I'm putting it on my favorites list so I don't loose it again!

Okay - just had to vent. You have *NO* idea how crazy this was making me. EXCELLENT story, by the way!
Tribal Matriarch chapter 35 . 5/23/2008
Excellent fic!

True to character and a great idea.
MiaRose 156 chapter 35 . 4/12/2008
A very fun and sweet story.
Nyx Ro chapter 5 . 2/4/2008
Um, if Sam is physically 8 years old and only 42 inches tall, that would put her well under the 5th percentile for height at her age. And yet the adult Sam is 5'9", which is OVER the 95 percentile for adult women (also blonde, big-eyed, and slim; if Amanda Tapping didn't do such a great job playing an appealing character, we'd hate her, wouldn't we? ;-)

So, did Janet get her age wrong? Being a specialist in rare diseases rather than a pediatrician. And did Sam allow it because she was getting overprotected enough without saying "No, actually I think I'm 4 or 5."?

Still- I loved seeing her take down those airmen, at whatever height! *glares at TPTB for Sam-dissing scene in 'Fragile Balance'*

The Continuity Geek from Hezmana
hedwiggins chapter 26 . 12/15/2007
I think everyone is having just way too much fun at Sam's expense and humiliating her beyond belief. And, yes, I saw it coming that her father was the other General. As much as everybody cares about her, I think she should seriously start thinking about finding other friends who don't get so many laughs at her expense. It's no wonder she never tells them how she really feels. She has way more closer than everybody else in Cheyenne Mountain lumped together. And I thought it was totally unfair of Jack to even think that she was "dangerously" close to insubordination.