Reviews for Magic
SkItZoFrEaK chapter 1 . 11/20/2006
Holy crap, I just realized that I've had this on my favorites list forever but never actually left a review. Er...oops.

Anyway, I really enjoy this story for a number of reasons; primarily, I love the rhythm. The repetition is amazingly well used, to the point that it feels almost like a song or a dance instead of narrative. And you manage to get in-depth character-analysis in a handful of sentences...genius. I really love your take on Sorcery.

One note: In the second paragraph, a minor typo: "...she does not think Sorceress-SHE thinks Rinoa Heartilly..."

Wonderful little piece.
KMSaum chapter 1 . 7/29/2006
...amazing. 'Nuff said, for I can find no words. Not quite "Scars," but...wow.
trimurti chapter 1 . 6/16/2005
I love this story. Can I say that so bluntly? Although I've had it in my favorites since the day it was posted, I haven't been able to review it because I didn't think that any words I had would be enough to express how I felt about this fic. Instead, I'm going to say that I love it, and I'm going to say why. This story reminds me of that one part in the game where you're forced into fighting all those sorceresses as time is compressed, and how that essential, pure line of Hyne's power has been jumping into all these women for who knows how long. Your story makes me think that the magic is more than just magic, it is the soul, and as it keeps jumping from one woman to another it absorbs a bit of her while giving her the others it has already flowed through, and so on and so on until the Sorceress is both herself as well as every other sorceress descended from Hyne.

Erm, was that a bit much? Well, I just never saw it as a Rinoa-story at all, just a very beautiful Sorceress story. Thank you for writing it, because it is a work of art.
ice-princess-squall chapter 1 . 11/10/2004
E... this was kinda freaky in a way... the way you showed how mental off Rinoa is. The repetition of words did that, I think.

*laughs*

What I mean to say is... you showed a side of Rinoa not many people see. The way she excuses things away in an attempt to make them all better.

Also.. I wanted to discuss a certain "Avoidant Personality Disorder" that is often confused with "Schizoid Personality Disorder" with you.
CTHKSI chapter 1 . 11/8/2004
Whoa. So basically, sorcery binds all sorceresses?

Argh...don't mind me. I'm no good at interpreting.

Loved how it was set up.
Baconfat chapter 1 . 9/13/2004
Very, very, very cool. I love reading neat stuff and different takes on the Sorceress power, and this is really rather awesome, the circles and circles and man. Cool.

[She doesn't /feel/ terrifying.] Great line, makes me like Rinoa and sympathise with her, not to mention being awfully cool in connection with the rest of the fic.

Many, many awesome descriptions in here, not to mention some really powerful images - burning and screaming and weeping and laughing, dancing in circles, praying with her chin tilted up to the moon.

Love the sentence fragments and the way it's all put together - disjointed and circular and worth several rereads. Awesome.
angel-brokensorrow chapter 1 . 8/28/2004
Freaky...I mean, in all honesty, this was one of the most...unnerving stories I've ever read. The transitions between Rinoa and Ultimecia was just... *shivers*

It's interesting how you've written this. With incomplete sentences and all, but it just fits. Great job!
Lionheart1 chapter 1 . 8/28/2004
I'm speechless. Really, I have nothing to say about this. It was amazing. Better than amazing!

It did get confusing at times but it's good because I suppose every reader might percieve your story a little differently, which is an impressive thing to be able to do. You should be very proud of yourself for writing such a story.

I still don't really know what to say lol. I loved it. It's going on my favourite stories list, because I'd love to read this over and over to see what other points I can pick out the next times round.

Lionheart1