Reviews for The Cost
Kelly Tolkien chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
So sad but so very powerful.

I loved the story of Obi-Wan racing Anakin in the halls, and dragging the chair into his room to tell him bedtime stories.

There was also a terrible stillness in the prose. Like Obi-Wan maybe ... )

It was beautifully sad.
Estora chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
This was...nothing short of incredible. Pronker sent me over here, otherwise I might not have found it, but...wow. I'm just blown away - not just because of the sheer power of this story, or your incredible style, or the agony of it, but also because I've started writing a full-length fic based on the same premise called "From The Ashes" - if Anakin had jumped after Padme on Geonosis. (Although I'm certainly not brave enough to have killed him...)

Thank you ever so much for writing this - it's wonderfully poignant, incredibly written, and just plain amazing. I was literally on the brink of tears.

~ Estora ~
Gwenneth chapter 1 . 9/10/2009
I'm surprised I never found this before, since you wrote it years ago! I was thinking of doing an AU of Geonosis with Anakin disobeying Obi-Wan, so i wanted to see if there were fics out there and found yours.

I'm so glad I did, too!

It's really amazing, and so well written! The idea that Anakin's love of Obi-Wan drove him to be something Obi-Wan wouldn't have wanted him to be was so heartbreaking. And the way you described that scene in the hangar was perfect! And poor Padme, along for the ride and powerless to help Anakin. It almost sounds like it destroyed her at the end too.

Great story!
Siriusly Loopy chapter 1 . 11/4/2008
Whoa. Craziness! Obi-Wan needs to come in his blue apparition form-y thing-y and tell Anakin to stop. That would work, right?
htstff57 chapter 1 . 2/18/2006
hi I love this story
StillWaters1 chapter 1 . 6/4/2005
Absolutely gorgeous. Haunting, touching and utterly real. Thank you.
Trickster-jz chapter 1 . 4/24/2005
gorgeous. haunting. brilliant.
CaptainPearl chapter 1 . 1/12/2005
Good Job! You have a talent for this kind of writing. I was crying by the end. I liked how you had Anakin tell Padme about the memories he had with Obi Wan. I look foward to reading more of your work!
Mellaithwen chapter 1 . 12/29/2004
Such excellence! High praise to you, very good! I loved it, I'm off to read some more of your stories :D
Lindele chapter 1 . 10/12/2004
I almost cried while reading this...You have an amazing talent.
labrisa chapter 1 . 9/28/2004
I'm sobbing, sobbing so hard I can't even cry.. So beautiful, dark.. Saving this..
Athena Leigh chapter 1 . 8/31/2004
Thought I wasn't gonna read it, didn't ya? ;) No, that was very good. I was very intrigued to see what you had done with the idea, and yes I can see it going just like that. Poor Padme, I liked how you did it from her perspective. It's almost enough to make one think love *isn't* always good! I liked Anakin's memories of Obi-Wan, that was terribly sweet. "Maybe he wanted it to be your secret." That would be just like Obi-Wan. Just one thing, you have nearly the entire story in italics, it's rather a strain on the eyes. You are so fantastic to take one little idea and turn it into such a well-developed story. Truly envious.
Anonymous-cat chapter 1 . 8/29/2004
What a sad, dramatic, inspiring fic. Great job!
SoloKenobi chapter 1 . 8/28/2004
Awsome story! Nearly had me crying there!