Reviews for The Reason
Guest chapter 7 . 12/30/2014
i have read this over again and it's still wonderful... depth in the characterizations is amazing! \o/

i hope you got to see the 'rurouni kenshin' live action movie(s). if not, there are trailers for the first one and then for the sequel movies. the first movie was a wonderful adaptation and the sequels are promised to be just as good if not better. just copy/paste the codes into the youtube search for each video:

O4Bhr80HfyY -the first live movie's trailer
yaLOPVAuJs4 -first movie's character profile trailers
8qRFhP5PhMk -first movie's dojo fight scene from the first chapter manga and first episode anime
a7HrF77Ewkg -the sneak preview for the first sequel kyoto arc:
bAgmfGZbVrQ -the first official trailer for the sequel movies (subbed)
NCei4Vm1ZP8 -another trailer
emy8JkKV6LQ -character profile trailers
BSl-T1AioDQ -trailer for the second sequel (no he doesn't die) 'the legend ends'. they had changed the story of the anime for the movie and it is quite interesting and scary in the implications but the director had hinted on another movie (a prequel... hopefully it'll be both remberance and jinchuu arcs).

the sequels (kyoto arc) have already been released but hopefully they won't be the last ones as i'm counting on big box office numbers again to motivate them to film more... :) ... you can see the first one online at a place called: gooddrama (you can google it although i'm not sure it's available in every country) go there and type in rurouni kenshin... click on the pic of the movie and then ignore where it says to watch it and scroll down below the actors' pictures and click where it says: Rurouni Kenshin (2012) -it can be watched in any one of the three or four screens on the page (different people uploaded each and i usually watch the first on any anime/video site like that *shrugs*) and make sure you have adblocker and run a scan with maleware bytes after any site like that to get rid of any spyware... you can get ghostery as an add-on if you use firefox to stop trackers (i may be extra cautious but it pays to be) they just added the first sequel to the site (rurouni kenshin - kyoto inferno). i know it's a lot of trouble but i really trust doing all that rather than downloading from bittorrent or something like it. but you can also get the dvds from places like cd-japan or amazon.
enjoy!
Unidentified Pie chapter 5 . 12/25/2014
This is an AMAZING story. I'm addicted to it. LOVE the interaction between Kenshin and Kenji, LOVE how they're bonding. Please keep going! :)
Thank you for contributing this awesome story! 3
Hatsuki12 chapter 7 . 12/22/2014
Love the feels of this fanfic wish that the to be continued will come true
Tricksterkat209 chapter 7 . 12/19/2014
This was really good. I'm usually not a friend of time travel fics (can I even call it that?) but this was so nicely done. Pretty sad that there probably won't be an update. :(
little-ivy89 chapter 7 . 12/14/2014
Ahhh! This is such an amazing story! Please, please, please tell me that you will be continuing it! It's beautifully written and a joy to read! Hoping, with baited breath, for more!
shaid chapter 7 . 11/11/2014
I know you're probably never going to update this, but I want to let you know how much I enjoyed it. It's beautifully written, full of excellent characterizations and flowing prose. Thank you so much for sharing this. It's really wonderful.
satomika chapter 7 . 8/26/2014
I hope you update this soon!
RosaLui chapter 7 . 8/17/2014
I used to read this while you were originally updating it. :) It's still just as good 10 years later.

Hope someday you still finish - but if not, this is still a great story, and it's been a pleasure to come back to.

Hope you're still writing awesome stuff - you're so talented!

xoxo
papapapuffy chapter 7 . 7/19/2014
This is amazing! I admit I kinda don't want Kenji to go back into his time. I love the interaction between father and son. Please update this wonderful story!
policis chapter 7 . 4/17/2014
Aaaaaargh! Unfinished whinderful fics! Aaaarrrrgh! I'd love to know what happened to kenji and how he got back home... Meeting chibi-kaoru was precious!
TOSoldtimer chapter 7 . 3/15/2014
Lovely story! Your Kenshin is such a perfect amalgam of hard bitten soldier and young boy embarrassed by his dangerous reputation, red hair, youth and short stature.
I'm sure you're not likely to finish the story after ten years, but I can always hope!
Ai Mamoru chapter 7 . 2/14/2014
Oh my. I 'm a little teary-eyed here, the last paragraph just matched too perfectly with my background music and to know that this beautiful story will likely be incomplete forever ...

*sigh* Your story's really great, such an interesting idea. The interaction between Kenshin and Kenji is so gentle and warm, made me feel all good reading about it. At first I really was suprised about young Kenshin being so nice to Kenji, but ... yeah ... guess the Hitokiri got me fooled too. Just needed a little time to remember, that Kenshin never was only an assassin.

Somehow your fic put my mind at ease about Kenji not being really fond of his father. I always wondered why Watsuki-sensei needed to mention this fact. Kenshin's such a lovable character, why should his own son not love him with all his heart?

I really liked it, that not only young Kenshin met his future son, but also young Kaoru got to meet him.

Kenji is written really adorable. I wonder if you had planned to write a few scene where it shows that three-years-olds aren't always that lovable ;)

I was a little dissapointed that your Kaoru didn't seem to love and accept Kenshin as the whole package but only the "pleasant" sides. But I guess you tried to mend that in chapter 6.

The whole story setup as a framework plot going from present to past to present and so on, pleases me very much.

To me it seems your Yahiko hasn't grown up one bit XD

Your use of japanese phrases, terms and expressions seems pretty random to me. Makes me wonder how you decide it's in order to use Japanese instead of English. Don't get me wrong, I'm all in for using Japanese when there's no proper equivalent in the used language, but ... well ... there are very often when you use it ;) But, yeah, guess that's a matter of taste and it's just my opinion. Your story and writing style are terrific nonetheless :)

Guess you don't write anymore, but I hope you still see the reviews because I really want to thank you for writing and sharing this beautiful story. Thank you very much! :)
And I just try being hopelessly optimistic and follow the story ;)
Quickslice chapter 7 . 12/5/2013
Huh! Where's the rest? Becky! You baka, come back here and finish this! Please? Oh, I beg of you please do continue!
Fai Gensou chapter 7 . 11/5/2013
This is never gonna be finished is it? Can you at least tell me how it would have ended?
Fai Gensou chapter 5 . 11/5/2013