Reviews for The Reason
RosaLui chapter 7 . 8/17/2014
I used to read this while you were originally updating it. :) It's still just as good 10 years later.

Hope someday you still finish - but if not, this is still a great story, and it's been a pleasure to come back to.

Hope you're still writing awesome stuff - you're so talented!

xoxo
papapapuffy chapter 7 . 7/19/2014
This is amazing! I admit I kinda don't want Kenji to go back into his time. I love the interaction between father and son. Please update this wonderful story!
policis chapter 7 . 4/17/2014
Aaaaaargh! Unfinished whinderful fics! Aaaarrrrgh! I'd love to know what happened to kenji and how he got back home... Meeting chibi-kaoru was precious!
TOSoldtimer chapter 7 . 3/15/2014
Lovely story! Your Kenshin is such a perfect amalgam of hard bitten soldier and young boy embarrassed by his dangerous reputation, red hair, youth and short stature.
I'm sure you're not likely to finish the story after ten years, but I can always hope!
Ai Mamoru chapter 7 . 2/14/2014
Oh my. I 'm a little teary-eyed here, the last paragraph just matched too perfectly with my background music and to know that this beautiful story will likely be incomplete forever ...

*sigh* Your story's really great, such an interesting idea. The interaction between Kenshin and Kenji is so gentle and warm, made me feel all good reading about it. At first I really was suprised about young Kenshin being so nice to Kenji, but ... yeah ... guess the Hitokiri got me fooled too. Just needed a little time to remember, that Kenshin never was only an assassin.

Somehow your fic put my mind at ease about Kenji not being really fond of his father. I always wondered why Watsuki-sensei needed to mention this fact. Kenshin's such a lovable character, why should his own son not love him with all his heart?

I really liked it, that not only young Kenshin met his future son, but also young Kaoru got to meet him.

Kenji is written really adorable. I wonder if you had planned to write a few scene where it shows that three-years-olds aren't always that lovable ;)

I was a little dissapointed that your Kaoru didn't seem to love and accept Kenshin as the whole package but only the "pleasant" sides. But I guess you tried to mend that in chapter 6.

The whole story setup as a framework plot going from present to past to present and so on, pleases me very much.

To me it seems your Yahiko hasn't grown up one bit XD

Your use of japanese phrases, terms and expressions seems pretty random to me. Makes me wonder how you decide it's in order to use Japanese instead of English. Don't get me wrong, I'm all in for using Japanese when there's no proper equivalent in the used language, but ... well ... there are very often when you use it ;) But, yeah, guess that's a matter of taste and it's just my opinion. Your story and writing style are terrific nonetheless :)

Guess you don't write anymore, but I hope you still see the reviews because I really want to thank you for writing and sharing this beautiful story. Thank you very much! :)
And I just try being hopelessly optimistic and follow the story ;)
Quickslice chapter 7 . 12/5/2013
Huh! Where's the rest? Becky! You baka, come back here and finish this! Please? Oh, I beg of you please do continue!
Fai Gensou chapter 7 . 11/5/2013
This is never gonna be finished is it? Can you at least tell me how it would have ended?
Fai Gensou chapter 5 . 11/5/2013
...and he com
Alien She chapter 7 . 9/7/2013
What a great story you have written! But you just had to stop at the best part :( and I really want to know what happens next. Does saitoh meet kenji? does something happen to kenji? And does kenshin get to learn more about his baby moma (I would just love to hear how kenji describes kaoru to his father) ? I am actually more interested in Okita meeting Kenji, that's bound to be fun. Ah, I hope one day you decide to update, until then I'll just let my imagination take over.
theborderline chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
Oh goodness. This has got to be my most favorite fanfiction. I can't even begin explain the feelings I get when I read it. I realize this might be a long shot, but I hope it's finished someday. :)
In the meantime, I'll just enjoy reading it again.
misherukuro chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
This is absolutely precious. Thank you, So much!
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 7 . 5/16/2013
I think my heart just broke...shattered on the ground...so...just...it's not finished...*tries to pick up pieces* Seriously, this is easily in my top 10 of favorite fics...oh man.

I'm with you on the manga thing btw. The anime was pretty good and Samurai X was amazing. The recent movie that came out was a really good adaption although I have issues with the last ova and the movie that came out and all of the adaptions that have come out since because...well...nothing can be as good as the original Kenshin manga. It just...there isn't any way I can think of to tell it better. Although fics like this come DANG close.

As I highly doubt this will be updated again after 9 years (seriously, HEART BREAKING!), I want to say that this was one of the most enjoyable reads I've had the pleasure of coming across. :)
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 5 . 5/16/2013
You know, this is reminding me of my nephew. I recently went down to watch him while my sister had her second baby (SO EXCITED! First girl!) and I hadn't been able to get to sleep at 2 in the morning when my almost 3-year old nephew got up (probably because of a nightmare). I was up almost the entire rest of the night while he kept moving in his sleep. I got maybe 3 hours...but when he got up again and I picked him up, he just leaned his head on my shoulder and I could only turn to my friend (who had been my ride down) and say 'totally worth getting up for'. 3

You've really captured that feeling here and I love it.

As for the rest of it...yeah, if they're going to try and to that to Kenji...well, I'm almost looking forward to the verbal smack-down they'll get in 5 words or less from their strongest soldier. ; Almost...
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 4 . 5/16/2013
I'd like to know how he's seen an Amakakaru Ryu no Hiromeki (sp?), but I love that he was trying it.

Oh gosh, you made me cry. I love this...
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 2 . 5/15/2013
My only problem is that "Mana from Heaven" is either Christian, Jewish or Muslim. At the time, Shinto (sp?) would have been the main religion and the country had been more or less cut off for 300 years and so Kenshin probably wouldn't have thought that.

Otherwise, I absolutely LOVE this!
335 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »