Reviews for The Beast Within
stewie chapter 13 . 2/24/2011
im sorry,im usualy the one going agianst flammers in every way but halfway thru chapter 13 i just lost it...

how in the hell can you write somthing this...sadistic,i mean i see the point has making chapter 10 completely about it,and even part of i can take some pretty dark shit(my step dad took my bro,my real dad has tried to kill me and my parents)but continuing this stiff tp chapter 13*gets real pissed*

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU,JUST A PAGE LONG RAPE SCENE GETS THE POINT ACCROSS THAT THE BEAST IS PURE EVIL,BUT 5 GODDAMNED PAGES? DO YOU ACTUALLY ENJOY THIS? SERIOUSLY MAN \/\/ T F!

I READ RLLY DARK STUFF...BUT BY THE TIME I GOT TO CHAPTER 13,THIS WAS NO LONGER DARK,THIS BECAME PURELY SADISTIC AND SICKINING STUFF...YOU VERY VERY RARELY SEE A RAPE CASE BEING THIS TORURING,SICKINING,AND EVIL IN REAL LIFE
Momma Lici chapter 17 . 12/20/2010
This is so much darker than what I usually read ... but I never stopped reading. It was so enthralling and kept me wanting to know more and find out just what happened. I admire you for the absolute creativity and thought that went into this and hope to find more of your works just as entertaining and bewitching.
GreenRock chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
Although I gave an overall review of this story roughly six months ago, this review is a follow up to the previous one.

When I first read this story, I was very impressed of how good it all began. I think the way you tapped into BeastBoy's emotions about losing Terra were very moving, very well written and very heartfelt; it was believable and not contrived in any way.

The creation of BB and Rae's relationship so early on was well constructed and when Rae rejected BB when they were rumbled by Starfire, it was like feeling BB's pain again over losing someone he loved.

By fuelling the Beast's hatred of Raven with BB's love for Raven which effectively led to the events that happened to Rae from chapters 10 onwards - particularly the sadomasochistic pieces - were fantastically writing and gave the story so much emotion and substance that it made the story so gripping.

I felt that you took the Beast and portrayed him in such a unique way that brought an unforseeable character into the fold and gave the story such depth, such substance, it was a brilliant twist; especially with the Beast confessing his love for BB was - initially - kinda weird at first but in the end, it wrapped the Beast/BB saga up fantastically and in the end - even though he was a c*nt all the way throughout - you can't help but feel sorry for the Beast when his reasoning becomes clear and eventually gets killed at the end.

I know in my previous review I mentioned that I couldn't get my head around Rae accepting the whole 'rape-thing' and I felt genuine apathy for BB; it was those moments that left a question mark over my head. But after re-reading the story again and giving it time to settle in, I realise now that this is one of the best stories I've ever read. It's such a rarity to find a story that, not only you like, is such a pleasure to read and a breath of fresh air and written by someone with a unique talent . . . but questions the aspects of the story, makes you sympathize with the characters and makes you see the perspectives of the characters that are so greatly affected by the events in the story.

I initially missed an incredible story to begin with and have recently realised what I missed. This story is worth a 10/10 any day of the week. A truly brilliant story.
Niborkcalb chapter 17 . 9/26/2010
Awesome(but apperentely 6 years old...lolz) story! A little morbid at... earlier parts, but it kept me hooked all night!
le petit roi chapter 17 . 6/23/2010
Absolutely magnificent, I dont think i've ever seen something of this magnitude, i mean you captured Beast Boy's entire essence in this, and the other team's reactions and thoughts were all flawless. I would gladly kill anyone who dared critisize this,
le petit roi chapter 3 . 6/22/2010
This is by far the coolest fanfic ive ever read!
GreenRock chapter 17 . 6/16/2010
I started reading this story about 4/5 days ago and I really enjoyed the read.

I felt a lot of emotion during the Raven/BB dialouge, post-rape and I loved how much sympathy I felt for BB for what the Beast did with his body to Raven and the consequences of the rape. I was not really buying the whole 'Raven accepting the rape and not fighting back' section, but I think it's just nit-picking.

This is the first I have read, written by you and am glad I read it.

Overall rating: 8.5/10. Hope that's alright. :D
Not G. Ivingname chapter 17 . 2/27/2010
It's been a long time since I been on this fandom... but I glad I came to see this. This is a very well written tale of love, sin, and redemtion. I know how cliche' that sounds, but it is true.

It does not go the twilight way of angsty romance for instant forgiveness and characters duller then dish water. Nor does it make the characters to dumb, to uptight, to much of everything. Everybody is well written and the story all makes sense in this universe without moving to cliche'. Ideas given are truelly unique, make sense, and utterly genius.

It is not perfect. At times characters due act strangly, like how Robin does not have a watch on BB's door every second that this is going down, nor break down the door when the rape starts. Nor can I really believe that anybody can survive that much blood loss.

Nitpicks. I am glad somebody knows how to do a depressing well in a world where there are over 130,0 Twilight fanfics on this site alone. Thank you for this deppressing story that made me think really deeply. For that, I tip my hat off to you.
BeastboyRavenfan chapter 17 . 2/26/2010
I liked it but the ending didnt move me. I wonder what would have happen if she didnt get through to beastboy. just my opinion!
homeathogwarts chapter 17 . 2/16/2010
Holy crap! I had actual tears literally streaming down my face when I read this! I've only started crying while reading a fanfiction once before, and that was bleary eyed wipe-the-eyes-a-little crying. Not like this made me do!
homeathogwarts chapter 9 . 2/16/2010
Yeesh! This chapter has more than a little Bashing, even if it is from himself. Your writing is wonderful. This story flows so smoothly.
Death himself chapter 12 . 9/26/2009
Damn
Death himself chapter 9 . 9/26/2009
Nice, so hes gonna try to kill em ey? or at least beat the living shit out of them. very nice plot twist
Death himself chapter 6 . 9/26/2009
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL that was hilarious!
Death himself chapter 5 . 9/26/2009
Now that was an awesome plot twist!
486 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »