Reviews for From the High Ground
Alia el Bolock chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
I love your writing style and the language u use... the words are very carefully chosen and elegantly written...
GreenEggs chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
Yes. This. A truly beautiful and painful AU, starting a bit rough but then 'Daniel burned bright while Jack cast a shadow' and 'Jack was as close as any person could come to untouchable' and, and this: 'Jack, what are you doing?' 'Just checking.' I read this twice. Favouring it so I can re-read to my heart's delight. Just... *awed smile*
Sokerchick chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
Simply amazing. Well written, unique and scary in the vision you've created. There were two lines I loved most... the line about the part of Daniel that was an orphan and the one where Jack was just checking. On different levels they were horifying and yet the story was so beautifully sculpted that I couldn't help but love it. Well done.
Shadows-of-Realm chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
I have to say its different but interesting.
Mikazuki Senshi chapter 1 . 10/27/2004
i like it a lot

write more soon, please
Sierra Phoenix chapter 1 . 8/29/2004
To say that I like this story would be an understatement. I wasn't too sure about the style it was written in, but the more I read it and the more I thought about it the more it grew on me. Your use of language is stunning and you paint pictures with words so vividly that it's just as good as being there in person. I insist you write more. ;)
Meredith T. Tasaki chapter 1 . 8/29/2004
I'm just shocked no one's reviewed this. That's not right. Because this is a wonderful piece of work. Subtle, and very well thought-out, and- it just _works_. It could happen, and it probably _would_ happen, and that's- frightening, I suppose, may be the word I'm looking for. (Particularly your take on the Ancients- that'll stick with me for a while. Chilling, but in my opinion, entirely consistent and probably true...) Dark, subtle, and elegant. I had to review to tip my hat. Or, actually, bow. If you're wondering whether you're any good at this, I may not be the foremost expert in the world, but I vote "yea". And hope you'll write some more.
n chapter 1 . 8/29/2004
Did Daniel save Jack or kill Jack?

Jack has the knowledge of the Ancients...can't he learn new languages so that he can exist aside from Daniel?