Reviews for Tale of a Time Long Gone
AlsoKnownAsMatt chapter 32 . 12/25/2016
I read this a long time ago and loved it. Still do. Thanks so much for an entertaining and delightful, well-researched story with tremendous characters.
Silverfyre16 chapter 32 . 12/7/2016
This ending made me cry so hard! It is so touching and sad!
Silverfyre16 chapter 23 . 12/7/2016
NOOOOO! Please don't make Salazar evil! He is such a GOOD character!
Silverfyre16 chapter 11 . 12/6/2016
YES! ROWENA AND GODRIC ARE STARTING TO LIKE EACH OTHER! Call me a sucker, but I love the hate/hate relationship type. And I really like how Salazar is the nice one and not the baddie everyone makes him out to be. Helga is really nice too.
Silverfyre16 chapter 5 . 12/6/2016
This is a very interesting plot. Though the founders made Hogwarts, JK Rowling does not mention much of them except their prized attributes. I hope Godric and Rowena end up together.
KitsuneMiyuKendraHyuga chapter 32 . 8/4/2016
Wow. Really WOW.
*takes a moment to dry the tears*
This was a wonderful read. Well-written, well-thought out, wonderfully developed and beautifully executed. I was looking for something short about the Four Founders, and found this. While it's not short at all, I'm glad it isn't; all the characters have proper time to change, grow and therefore face believable plot twists. By covering almost all their lives, you made the founders so human yet at the same time so humbly epic that I can't even express it in words.
My favourite part was most certainly the love story between Rowena and Godric. It suited their personalities and it was amazing to see them fall in love so deeply and unconditionally. They argue and fight and have discussions, but their feelings are honest and fiecely loyal. Truly wonderful.
Also, the difference between their love and Salazar and Helga's is both great and heart-breaking. Their intrinsinc personalities always fit their actions. One of my favourite lines, but also one that made my heart ache for them, was when Godric bluntly told Salazar that he's a coward; since Godric is brave, he knows exactly what he's talking about. And Salazar, even as he descended into madness and began to do bad things, was not truly a villain; you give insight to him, and that makes it possible to understand him. Rhiannon's shocking twist, as tragic as it was, is fitting and a strong start for Salazar's slow change. I really commend you for making the Founders so precisely consistent, and for making their qualities fully canon-compliant.

There are only two, very minor, things that I have to criticize about this story. One is Ilar's role, or his character in general. He's quite one-dimensional, and after 20 chapters of giving such careful development of Helga and showing all her thoughts and troubles so deeply, suddenly having her be with him - a very minor character of whose personality we know nothing - for no real reason is odd. We see Aidan's thoughts, we see Ceri's, and so many other people's, but never Ilar's. He hardly ever appears before then, in fact, and when the marriage was announced, I still couldn't recall who he was or if he had ever appeared before. And it's also strange not to see his opinion on Helga's former love. But, as I said, it's a very minor thing, and it's just my personal opinion, not a flaw in the story.
The second is the fact that often it's not clearly stated whose POV is being used, and that makes it a bit hard to follow. After a while, it gets less confusing, but especially at the beginning, it would have been a help to have the character's name at the start of the chapter when his/her point of view is going to be in it. Again though, it's a minor thing ;)

The epilogue is wonderful. It brings everything to a full circle, and it is very clever to start the story with Rowena and end it with Rowena, too. I'm happy that in the end all the characters could have closure - especially Salazar, who could see Helga one last time and finally be honest with her. It is also good that, when Rowena and Helga get married, they keep their surnames (also to make sure that the Houses of Hogwarts don't change). And for Rowena to be able to live long enough to know for certain that the legacy the four of them started will continue... that is really heart-warming. Especially considering who her father is :))

Thank you so much for sharing this story, and for not deleting it. It was finished over ten years ago, and many authors delete their works after a while. It has been a privilege to read this exceptional story about the Founders. Thank you, truly, for writing it :))
Guest chapter 8 . 5/6/2016
YASSSSSSSSS
Guest chapter 13 . 4/18/2016
No, just pointing out and think someone should really fix the lack of proper commas, question marks and periods. I was enjoying this story a lot (the fangirling type) and this was dwindling my interest more and more. Please.

Please.
LovesCurse chapter 32 . 12/12/2015
Beautifulllll. Loved Evert bit of it.
Only missed the part where the Ravenclaw ghost is born and why Godric did not heed/ search after Salazars last words to him.
I dont think anyone will blame you taking the line.
It was a great story and masterfully written!
Guest chapter 17 . 7/9/2015
Awwww
Midsummernightsfantasy chapter 32 . 10/8/2014
I was just looking for a different story about the founders. I found pure gold instead. This story made me laugh and cry much more than any fan fiction I have read. The epilogue was hauntingly beautiful and so were the excerpts from Hogwarts a history. I will never think of the founders the same way again. You left me crying. I just want you to know that your story was life changing.
Be proud of your amazing work,
cheers.
Malu chapter 15 . 8/8/2014
Hi, I am reading this after 10 years
Lily II chapter 32 . 11/13/2013
I love this story! I'm going to go start the prequel right now :-) Keep writing!
Natto'n'aliens chapter 10 . 10/25/2013
I intended to review the last chapter, you know, because the story had been complete for so long already, but I need to get this out now!
First, this story is simply awsome. I love how the characters are evolving to be the Founders of Hogwarts, and I just can't get enough or their adventures!
Second, I was so excited when they mentioned 'caves'! Are those caves the caves where Sirius hid during...fourth year, was it? So cool that you use references like that! :)
Well, I'm off to the next chapter now... XD
NeonStargurl chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
Totally awesome. Can't wait to read more!