Reviews for Moving Forward
SSG Michael B. Jackson chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
This is very well written and IMHO you've managed to exactly recapture the 'spirit' of the original X-Men that hooked me on the title (and these characters in particular) when I was a kid back in the early '80's. These are exactly the characters that I remember reading nearly 25 years ago and I can only say that I'm glad that someone besides me seems to remember this era and apparently wants to keep it alive.

SSG Michael B. Jackson

"Punish the guilty and keep the innocent nervous!'
bs chapter 1 . 9/13/2004
This was so perfect. I didn't know people actually wrote such good X-men sotries anymore. But everyone was in charecter and it was sweet and funny at the same time. This made my whole night (and considering my night has been filled with physics that's quite a feat).
enigmagirl2727 chapter 1 . 9/5/2004
whoa good story! I wish that I could write like that! I come up with good plots but I have trouble fleshing them out with dialogue. Please write more!
oldprydefan chapter 1 . 9/4/2004
God, makes me so nostalgic. Now I've gotta run and drag out back issues. Again. You did such a great job with this, as always. I do so miss the Kitty/Piotr/Illyana interaction that we used to have. But, hey, there's always hope. Joss has given us Piotr back. Could we be lucky enough for 'Yana to be next?

And, yeah, you've gone and made me all teary again.
darkstorm5000 chapter 1 . 9/2/2004
This was so good! You captured the Kitty/Piotr/Illyana relationships of that era perfectly! I've read some of Jeremy Harper's stories, and I can see why he's so proud of your addition to his writings.
Dark-bat chapter 1 . 8/31/2004
Squee!

Its like you're psychic. Right when I get into a funky angry depressed little mood... you put more Kiotr up!

Makes me so happy.

Its been a long time since I have read anything where Illyana was older than six. This was a nice change.

Gracias.
Jeremy Harper chapter 1 . 8/30/2004
Hey Lia.

I'm probably not going to say much that I haven't all ready told you, but I do want the world at large to know what I think about this.

My favorite writer of fantasy, Robert E. Howard (the creator of Conan) once wrote to his friend and fellow author, the great Clark Ashton Smith: 'I'd give my trigger-finger for the ability to make words flame and burn as you do.' That's how I feel about your incredible talent for dialogue. As always, the affection Peter, Kitty and Illyana have for each other shines bright and true through the words you give them. They feel like real people with real feelings, fears and desires. That's so very rare, especially in fan fiction.

Moving Forward is a sweet and beautiful story, akin to a spring rose, and something I don't think I could have ever produced on my own. I feel very proud that something I wrote served as an inspiration.

Cheers,

Jeremy Harper
B chapter 1 . 8/29/2004
Aw, this was sweet. I liked the scene with Illyana, and Illyana's little trick. Excellent short-fic followup to Jeremy's scene.