Reviews for SWKOTOR: Destiny's Pawn Book 5: Manaan
Noy Telin'u chapter 9 . 10/2/2012
...

I still vote for Juhani...
Vespera chapter 9 . 1/11/2008
And you've struck again! Personally, I found Manaan a tedious part of the game, but you added the right twists and embellishments to make it a monumental chapter in your novelization. It was a great idea to start it off with some "quiet time" on the ship, letting Jolee form stronger opinions about the crew he now travels with. Also, you once again broke up the team, giving each character a role to play. I really enjoyed Jolee's portion of the story, reacquainting himself with Sunry and Elora before the arrest, and tracking down the truth behind the circumstances of Elassa's death. Interesting that he was able to argue Sunry's innocence in the end.

Bastila took center stage for most of this, and this blunt exploration of her own dark side, illustrated by the coldness with which she interrogated the Sith agent and disagreements with the crew, gave wonderful depth to her. Nice to see her soften in the end, acknowledging the strength Kairi adds to the team... and what a surprise with Canderous :)

Lovely scene at the end overall, with both Canderous/Bastila and Kairi/Carth. The former are really just beginning, but the latter have been inching toward that kiss for a long time, and it was a touching, well-crafted moment. The perfect place to leave them before the truth comes out.

And one minor nit-pick: you seem to put all non-Basic languages in italics, to help readers identify when languages are being translated. However, I noticed you're not always consistent, and a good amount of Zaalbar or the Selkath's dialogue appears unformatted. It might be a good idea to run another check before you post, making sure you capture all the dialogue properly.
Jedi Jaz chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
No fair at all. I just discovered this and haven't been able to put it down! And now it's not even finished! GAAH! It apparently never will be; you seem to have just given up and it's been ages now... I'd give a lot to read the rest, if only it existed. *sigh* It's wonderful; I particularly love the depth you've given to each of the characters - especially bastila and canderous; who didn't have much to begin with as I recall. (sigh i want more) Also, Carth's reactions to the revelation bit... just rips one's heart out. *frustrated sigh* *hits amazon to get a copy of both kotor games as they were lost in a move*
rinslet chapter 9 . 8/27/2005
wai, I love it! My favorite part was in chpt9, when Canderous visited Bastila. so cute . I wonder if those two will end up together, hohohohoho.

Ooh, Carth and Kairi's relationship moved up a notch I see. Aw, it's really sad.

The part where Kairi blessed the child was awesome! Allronix, you're so cool! Keep it up!
Jenny chapter 1 . 2/17/2005
I love your story! But what happened to Korriban?

However, keep on writing!
RadiantIllusion chapter 9 . 2/16/2005
I'm a little confused. Did you skip Korriban and the Leviathan and the Star Forge, because Revan's Gift sounds like it was written after all that?
SMN chapter 9 . 1/5/2005
I love your Destiny's Pawn series, it is the best KOTOR retelling I have read. I can't wait for your next entry. I think your portrayal of everyone is superb. PLZ WRITE MORE
avalon-chan chapter 9 . 11/11/2004
I love your Destiny's Pawn series. It's my favorite of the KOTOR fics out there. Your potrayal of the characters are grand. I very greatfully that Kairi isn't a smart mouth punk with a really bad attitude. I really love how you've named the chapters as well.
MegumiFuu chapter 9 . 10/12/2004
Wow! I started your "Destiny's Pawn" saga yesterday and I can honestly say that I haven't put it down unless it was absolutely necessary (think eating, sleeping, class, etc). While I wasn't too sure about your Revan at first, being myself more partial towards the sarcastic type, your excellent characterisation pulled me in. I hope that you continue on and update soon!
Krazed Kaioshin Fangirl chapter 9 . 9/25/2004
Another gorgeously written book. :) Not enough Carth/Kairi action, though. :P I like the Canderous/Basi start you have here, it was very cute and well written. I hope to see another update, and not so long off. :P Here I was, thinking you had stopped. I am sure many, many people read and love your story, but are just to lazy to review. :) Like me, who is only reviewing the last chapter as a whole.

Honestly, though, awesome work. Keep it up, and I hope to see much more, very soon. :D
Squeaky231968 chapter 1 . 9/4/2004
I can't believe it...you're writing again! I had all but given up hope that your sage would never be completed

There are a few grammar and spelling errors, but I still thoroughly enjoy the tale. The way you've split the quests up between the crew to attach deeper emotional significance to each has been very successful in my opinion, and I appreciate the depth that you've given to the Bastila character.

Keep it up...and I pray I won't be waiting months more for the next book to come out :)

- Squeaky
Jakia chapter 9 . 9/2/2004
This is..an amazing story. While I picture the female Revan more as a sarcastic smuggler, it's good to see other peoples views as well. This story is very well written and I've enjoyed reading it. Though I expected you to do Korriban next (coughcoughCarth'sSoncough) Manaan has not disappointed me. I wait eagerly for the next book and everyone's reaction to the Leviathan.
pariscom chapter 9 . 9/1/2004
I'm very excited that i found you here..

I enjoyed the story of Kairi in , but i thought that you've decided to stop writing it.

I think this chapter is the sequeal to your last stories, isn't it?

I like Kairi, Carth, and other crew-mates.

and i'm happy that you finally decided to keep writing on.

Next chapter would be Leviathan.. and i look forward to the torture scene, and the revelation.

Plz, keep going to the end of the story..
sammie teufel chapter 9 . 8/30/2004
yay! *does a rather bad cartwheel, nearly landing on her head* another book in the saga of kairi! great! awesome! holy cow! i love it! and i'm using way too many exclamation points! now hurry up and write the leviathan and korriban! i can't wait!

ST
Tsavong-Lah chapter 8 . 8/30/2004
You obviously are dedicated I'll give you that.

I like the length of the chapters, good and long, maybe too long. Length might be scary to some. You probably shouldn't have posted it all at once either(Will keep it up at the front pages more, with a staggered posting, I'm once every 2-4 weeks. Including having to write the chapter though.).

Also, its another Kotor(Not your fault though, there is a little over saturation in the market).

But the story is easy to read. Your grammar is good (Not that I am one of THOSE guys, it just helps make the story more reader friendly). Can't say much more than that, I need to get into a few more chapters.

I'll be checking it out. Good Luck. (_)

- Oh and Manaan was one of my favorite spots.