Reviews for Out of Dark Moments
chaconne chapter 1 . 8/30/2004
Wow! This is SO good so far. I like how you used Elasnor's perspective to observe the situation.
Dusha chapter 1 . 8/30/2004
"With the clarity of a child's mind" I would say sums up this story. I don't think you have to worry about the tone of the story, being childish yet enlightening. Elenor is a perceptive child, if not an overly bright one, like her father. I do like the way your story protrays Frodo, though, most of all in the simple, heartfelt word he speaks. I imagined the arguement sequence almost as a way of protraying Sam arguing with himself over which course to take, not really debating with Frodo. It's nice to see that the shadowy presence of the Ring is still on Sam and affects his decision to remain mindful of the West (It always bothers me that most authors have Sam sailing to Valinor because Rose died and he missed Frodo, not because the shadow of his time with the Ring hung heavy upon him). The only critique I can find is that in one paragraph you have both Sam and Elenor dialouge, though I have always been led to believe that when dialouge changes from one character to another an new paragraph should be started (but then again, the same thing happens in my copy of LOTR, so perhaps I am mistaken). Regardless, wonderful story and know that you made my day just a little bit brighter.