Reviews for Nassau:How to Sack a Port Without Firing a Shot!
captain.J.sparrow chapter 1 . 8/11/2007
I did NOT Sack the Port of Nassau – yes, it was delivered to us IN sacks, but actually, we were MERELY the ones doing the UN-sacking! Genius!

Loved every second of reading this and it shall be put in my favourites!
Sera dy Relandrant chapter 1 . 6/5/2007
Delectable - I look forward to more stories from the captain's log book.
Nerds United chapter 1 . 8/11/2006
haha! i love it! innovative and in character! wonderful!
Allacaya chapter 1 . 8/5/2006
Very entertaining - I can just picture Jack retelling the tale indignantly over a bottle of rum. (:

"I did NOT Sack the Port of Nassau – yes, it was delivered to us IN sacks, but actually, we were MERELY the ones doing the UN-sacking!"
Asteria chapter 1 . 7/21/2006
Very funny. I like Jack's logic (or "logic").
Sentinel Sparrow chapter 1 . 6/22/2006
Excellent!

No other word could describe it!

EXCELLENT!

-Jen
Lady Taliesin chapter 1 . 9/22/2005
*cracks up*
meowbooks chapter 1 . 8/28/2005
Ah,an intelligent, astute and funny Jack! Very well done, I can just hear him in my head...

Original idea as well, very clever.
Nuppu chapter 1 . 8/6/2005
Really a tale worth for Captain Sparrow. I had been wonderin' just how do you sack a port without firing a shot... good that you answered that one. :)

A great idea and very well written.
wcspegasus chapter 1 . 6/7/2005
Excellent work. It really sounds like one of Jack's tall tales. I was chuckling the whole time I was reading this.

Fun story!
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 9/28/2004
That was great.
Bavand chapter 1 . 9/5/2004
This is a 3 shot story! I could say 3 stars, but that's not as much fun as 3 shots of rum. You did a fabulous job of nailing that fine line between brilliance and madness that is CJS, or what you call "off kilter logic". I'm finding now that a lot of people overstate the pirate stuff and end coming off more like Pintel & Ragetti then Jack. But a vocab like "miscreants", "ecumenically", "2 traits concide", etc, belay an education (possibly an aristocratic one wealthy enough to commission the Black Pearl as an early draft suggested) far above the average pirate hidden under that "drinks all around" persona.

My one almost-criticism was to say you should throw in a few Jackisms like "savy" "me-self", but then I realized Jack is wrote this and people obviously don't write how they talk. I could humbly suggest that Jack never said "T'was" and "wee" kind of things. That's more of an Irish Gibbsism and Jack is unmistakably bloody well English

So really my only criticism, mate, is why haven't you written anymore? What are you waiting for, the tide to come in? The curse to be lifted? Have you given any more off kilter logic thought to how he disappeared under the watchful eyes of 7 East India agents, or ended up impersonating a cleric from the Church of England, 'ey?

Nevertheless, with the finest rum in the house, mate: here's to you, here's to your writing, and here's to whatever inspiration would encourage you to write more!
BlackJackSilver chapter 1 . 9/1/2004
Poor Jack- always so misunderstood! This is funny and a very clever explanation for the sacking of Nassau. Liked the image of the atoll and tide rising.
Trinity Day chapter 1 . 9/1/2004
Oh, wow! I loved this. A helluva lot more than I expected to. It just got better and better as I went along. Earlier on, I pinpointed my favourite line as "I may be a wee bit dishonest at times, but I am a gentleman after all!" but then I got to the bit about sacking the Port of Nassau versus being delivered it in sacks and merely doing the UNsacking. An excellent little tale you have here! Well done!