Reviews for Unknowing, Nerdanel Sells Pearls To A Prince
Salome Maranya chapter 1 . 3/9
That's just so...Feanaro. I like how you portrayed them here, not cheesy (except perhaps the poetry part but it is him after so no complaints) and just right.
:)))
Cheers!
Makalaure chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
Oh, how cute! Maedhros has dimples in my stories, but Fëanor having a dimple...oh, that is sublime!

-Maglor
Smash Bandiicoot chapter 1 . 10/12/2011
I like this take on Feanor and Nerdanel! I've read many, but your version is by far my favorite. It reminds me a little of my own meeting I am writing, hopefully I will be able to post it on her fairly soon.
HC0 chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
Actually, so far as I know it is not stated that Fëanor learned from Mahtan from a particularly young age. Indeed, I have said lessons coming about through Fëanor's /meeting/ Nerdanel.
ElvishKiwi chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
This is so cool. I love your Feanor - he's very difference, but he's young and he's got a bit of the spoilt prince thing going on and the genius and the drive and the obsessive personality, and he's just so awesome. He made me laugh out loud all the way through.

Good stuff.
asdfjkl chapter 1 . 11/25/2008
well, i liked it!
Deborah Judge chapter 1 . 6/15/2005
Great stuff. Love your Feanor.
RavenLady chapter 1 . 3/18/2005
I love Feanor; I've never seen him quite like this. And Nerdanel, of course. Very refreshing and funny.

"She had been at the chessboard for hours –"

We know Tolkien's world has chess, or something like it, but chess uses war metaphors, so whatever version they have in Valinor is probably a bit different.

"The Teleri were cunning craftsmen, a little crazy, and it showed in their architecture."

That made me laugh. The *Teleri* are crazy? Well, maybe Noldorin architecture doesn't have to be, since Noldorin insanity goes in other directions.
Evenstar Elanor chapter 1 . 10/23/2004
hmm.. very interesting portrayal of Feanor.. a bit mad, that i knew, but poetic? that i never thought of.

i'm not sure i really agree with this story, but it was interesting to read.
The Bookbinder's Daughter chapter 1 . 10/12/2004
Heh. Everything Feanor does is so very random, and yet, all of it makes such perfect sense.

I don't believe I've ever seen Nerdanel play chess in fanon before. Both of your characterizations seem very new and very... correct, for lack of a better word; as if you've found some fresh part of canon that the rest of us have somehow missed in our obsessive over-analyzing.
moonshine4488 chapter 1 . 9/17/2004
Not bad.
Noldo chapter 1 . 9/13/2004
Lovely story. Like the fact that Feanor has a dimple *squee*.

Feanor is very...strange. Very.

I like this version of him; he's the same impulsive Feanor, but in a different way. Bravo!
Vana Tuivana chapter 1 . 9/7/2004
This makes me want to smile so hard I cry. I don't know why, but it's like an honest story, you know?

The line that really got me:

"I could give you a new name," he said. His eyes shone. "I could give you a hundred new names, and each would be more beautiful than the last, and all would suit you."

It's so Feanor, like everything he says and does- a kind of roundabout self-compliment in a way. Wonderful writing!
Sphinx chapter 1 . 9/7/2004
Supreme Moment :-

"You have a dimple," she noted. He frowned immediately.

"Yes," he said. "It cannot be helped.

It is so much easier to write Crazy!Feanor than it is to write him like this. I liked this very much. ;)

And you gave Fe-fe a dimple. *swoon*
Mirfein chapter 1 . 9/4/2004
Very amusing. Fëanor and Nerdanel were both very in character, in my opinion.

I love the line: "No," he said, regaining his balance. "No, I am not well. I do not think I will ever be well again. But I had to do that or die."

Very Fëanor. *g* And as one of your other reviewers commented, it would sound weird and silly had it been anyone else's quote, yet it is just perfect and lovely for Fëanor.

I love this very much. It is original and refreshing.

Please continue!