Reviews for Once Upon a Time
Kelsey Pearl chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
This was very hard to read. But it is very good.
MiniShrink chapter 1 . 12/29/2006
I can see how that'd work, but I see Tara as a little more than pissed off (in her Tara-y way) about what started the whole business.
DisturbedKittenWritter chapter 1 . 7/1/2006
Amazing! Very emotional and descriptive (in a good way). This fic explains a lot, and I think you did an excelent job with it!
Ally Le Fey chapter 1 . 9/3/2005
It was good, sad. But it was a good fic.
Sarahlou2485 chapter 1 . 3/22/2005
This is really good. i can imagine something like this happening to tara.
Lamb101 chapter 1 . 2/5/2005
The best one that didnt make me laugh...

chillingly good
buffygirl52789 chapter 1 . 1/20/2005
Wow...that made me cry. So sad. But wonderfully written.
MellindraX chapter 1 . 12/9/2004
[As I note, I read all four parts to this story. Seemed a tad silly to do separate reviews for each though, right?]

First off, oh my good LORD. I've always found it to be an absolute treat to find a good Tara-fic, even if they have the strongest tendency to be sad on a stick. This was exactly that and brilliant for that sake.

It's far too easy to just slip into camp. I wouldn't lie; I've seen these plot lines before. You're presentation, though, was wonderful. Made the reader sad and sympathetic and just too damn close to punching Daddy-dearest in the head 'till their knuckles are covered in blood. Ahem.

Emphasis on the last line for your first segment. A brilliant move on Tori's part, of course, even if it creates angst later. Your use of repetition here (and for all the other parts, certainly, but I liked it here especially for whatever reason) works very well. A respectable note, considering how easy it is to screw up repetition.

A few less hap-tastic notes, as they had been specifically requested. One for each segment.

How does Tori know, before going into the room, the nefarious purpose of her husband's playing? A little confused and curious, to explain her going in, but "chills down her spine"? All she's heard are very non-specific murmured words. Something to consider.

For whatever reason, the accents you've given to Donny and Father in the second segment don't work for me. It just seems a little forced. Either downplay it to create an impression of the affect without going full out, or literally avoid words or phrases for which you'd need to choose an accent.

You use longer sentences in the third segment than in any other. For this, your comma use comes into stronger focus. You tend to either use shorter phrases or try for longer sentences, and end up misusing your commas. I suggest finding someone to beta who is powerfully anal over grammar and punctuation; they'll have a few more specifics to bring up.

I kind of wish you'd shown how Beth acquired the necklace. Had she taken it? Did the Father give it to her? For some reason, I just found myself curious about that while I was reading through.

Certainly not going to leave you on negative notes when, as I've said, I completely enjoyed this bit of fiction. Hints to character traits we'd see later without beating us over the head with it, interesting theorizations on the origins of plots, and just overall good writing. Sorry to ramble on.
the-faith-less-one chapter 1 . 9/20/2004
That was very sad, yet very poignant. Well done.

Angel.
Sayra Louise chapter 1 . 9/10/2004
Well that explains where the demon thing came from. And Tara's dad always did seem... evil so...

Good story.

S.
xanya-forever chapter 1 . 9/6/2004
Man... someone needs to kill that stupid Maclay bastard... Sorry for the language, but this fic kind of moved me. It was so powerful and awful and excellent all at the same time. I really liked the way you came up with the reason for Tara's thinking she was a demon, and I think that lie was the only thing that saved Tara and her mother for all those years. The whole "damnittori" thing was a clever touch, and really worked well. This is obvious a very tough thing to write about, but you did it really well...
Faeries Twilight chapter 1 . 9/3/2004
How does one review a story like this? I can't be all e spuffy, or wow that quote was funny... but... it was... arg. It was wonderful... not the sexual abuse... with a 2 year old? WTF! But like... it was done well... and . . . yeah...
mistymidnight chapter 1 . 9/3/2004
Chilling. It was very well written and calling Tara's mother Damnittori was an excellent touch. It really showed how far Tara's parents' relationship had deteriorated.
storm079 chapter 1 . 9/3/2004
...i dont know what to say. that was very good...in a dark twisted way...but good none the less. and somehow...i believe that that could have happened to Tara.
Slayer87 chapter 1 . 9/3/2004
Wow. You know, every time I read something about Tara's childhood, I end up hating her father even more each time. Pattern much? Good fic.