Reviews for Peace of Mind
Jessluvr4ever chapter 2 . 1/29/2007
Both were amazing. I've got nothing else to say but amazing as always.
Rebel Goddess chapter 2 . 9/16/2005
I think I liked story 2 slightly better - it was more eventful. Loved them both though. Wonderful stuff. More please.
Rebel Goddess chapter 1 . 9/16/2005
Really gorgeous story so far. I like all the different perspectives.
crashcmb chapter 2 . 9/5/2004
I agree with your premise that Ryan would feel guilt and assume the blame for Seth’s leaving. You play right in to Ryan’s sense of responsibility and co-dependency by having him take care of Kirsten and Theresa without verbal complaint. But no matter how hard he tries, nothing he does can fix the fractured family.

It’s hard to see Kirsten treat Ryan so badly, no matter how much the loss of Seth is hurting her. I know, it’s a result of the alcohol as much as anything, but still…it hurts. And Sandy reverts to form with the workaholic pattern and the disconnect from Kirsten. That Teresa has to clue him in to what’s been going on in his own household is pretty sad. But it’s nice to see that Teresa is protective of him. He deserves her loyalty.

As I mentioned with Chapter 1, I really appreciate your use of the lyrics. Again, these lyrics seem to be a supplement, not the sole reason, for the story. The story does not come off as contrived in an effort to satisfy the lyrics. Very nicely done.
crashcmb chapter 1 . 9/5/2004
“He knows everyone's going to think Ryan's the reason he left…Ryan’s the reason he stayed.
benzbabidoll chapter 2 . 9/4/2004
This is very well done.
NaleyBrucasFan - aka Lizzy chapter 2 . 9/4/2004
WOW!I REALLY REALLY LIKE IT! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK YOU 2!
kandyshipper chapter 2 . 9/3/2004
Loving this!

This is an excellent glimpse into the lives of those in Seth's life following his departure, this is a really true to character for all invloved.

Thankyou for a great fic.
Beth chapter 1 . 9/3/2004
Pick up the damn phone, Seth! Please! Outstanding, wonderful, a great read. I enjoyed this tremendously even though it was sometimes just too painfully sad.

Glad you guys are back!
Beth chapter 2 . 9/3/2004
Truly wonderful. Kirsten's response took me by surprise and it broke my heart when she spoke meanly to poor Ryan. Loved how you wrote Summer and Teresa together. Outstanding job.

Glad you guys are back!
ocfan18 chapter 2 . 9/3/2004
I hate to admit, but I could really see this happening on the show. I really really could. I love your story, but please don't let this happen on the show. love it.
famous99 chapter 2 . 9/3/2004
Wow. The contrast of the two stories using the same lyrics is incredible. But each piece on its own is really amazing. Very good writing here. I'm quite impressed. I'm assuming the two writers are still Joey and Brandy. I'd say Joey did the first one and Brandy the second. Am I correct? Will anyone let me know? Great work. Actually, this little project of yours would make an interesting challenge...
elzed chapter 2 . 9/3/2004
I'm going to do the unthinkable and review both at once... First off, well done. I'm going to go listen to the song later, when I get a chance. I'm betting Joey 1, Brandy 2 btw. And god do you two pile on the angst. Drunk, mean, Kirsten is really harsh to deal with. I note that the Kandy is severely shaken in both of your fics. As is the Ryan/Kirsten bond. And cellphones do play a prominent role... Not to mention both your Seths appear to be in the same place, give or take a boat!

Great minds, huh? Not to mention the Lennon-McCartney effect.

I loved the Kirsten reminiscing about Seth. And Theresa and Summer's defence of Ryan when he was injured (clearly I'm into the momy vibe there).

Interesting way of working by the way. Any more in the offing? Can we suggest songs?

Well done again, guys.
ctoan chapter 2 . 9/3/2004
Those were both really good. I liked them both.

I think I know who wrote which, but I don't want to ruin it for anyone else reading the reviews. I'll make my guess elsewhere.

What a great idea and a great execution.