Reviews for The Art of Being Entreri
OhShirleyUJest chapter 7 . 1/27/2011
The epilogue lim(awesomen,n,infinity)

The story leading up to it is also brilliant; but still, the epilogue has to be my favorite part. I know you're probably never going to expand the conversation, and my reaction to that is mixed. On the one hand, it's sad, because I'm sure it would be hilarious to read. On the other, the dialogue that pops into my head is also hilarious, even if it changes every five minutes...

This is great.
Laguna-Chan chapter 1 . 6/28/2008

I actually read all of your Entreri stories around about a year ago and now I finally found a way to tell you that you did an awsome job on them! XD

I'm a fellow writer (and artist) too! I absolutly LOVE your stories of Artemis Entreri. (seems like your slowly but surly making him into a hero lol XD )

I cant wait for your next stories about him to come out!

What I really cant wait for though is your next one in line after Drizzt comes to town! XD

It would be totally awsome if Drizzt and Entreri end up fighting side by side as comrades in arms.

Hm...I wonder if Drizzt will stay in Garrilport to pester Entreri some? lol _~

Anyways, keep up the fantastic work!

btw, I have some fan art I did of your stories of him.

If you'd like, I could send you them )

Later! D
peppymint chapter 1 . 5/4/2007
Hi, are you still writing these? If so have you considered one in the far future where Jarlaxle finds out Artemis faked his death. He might even be impressed, it is not everyday someone tricks the leader of Breagan D'aerthe.
Foonting Turlingdromes chapter 3 . 4/20/2007
"Entreri nearly fainted at the speed and suddenness of the attack"

Wait, what?

We're thinking of the same Entreri, right?

Christ. He wants to get away from the drow, so he does, and ends up in a dragon's horde on a different continent. Good so far. He joins a local thieves' guild, even after they show themselves to be absolute pansies who would have no need or real respect for his skill. Getting iffy. And then a ranger from a softer continent, trained by elves, not only follows him without him noticing, but gets in the first hit in close combat? And the second, and the third, and the fourth? And then she surprises him, what, three times in one fight, disarms him, uses his sword like she'd been trained in that instead of a staff, and then when he beats her, he leaves her alive because she's apparently a replacement for one of the absolute best swordsmen in, again, a much stronger continent.

And a minor bitch - a ranger, who learns knots for convenience, estimates she would be able to undo a knot tied by an assassin, who learn them to survive, in two minutes, and isn't proven wrong.

Christ. This story was good until you Mary Sue-d it up.
anonymous chapter 7 . 10/31/2004
Graet story, I liked the of curiosity how would Entrerei clean his blade?
Evil Monkey Crap chapter 7 . 9/27/2004
That was a good story, nice job of making a new setting, and the epilouge was nice, although you COULD try to explain how Drizzit got there, maybe in another story...

Hard to think or Artemis as a sixty year old guy... REALLY hard...
lalala chapter 7 . 7/29/2004
i liked that ending. poor Art
Zafrass chapter 1 . 2/26/2004
I must say that I've read TSR short stories that weren't as satisfying and well written as yours. I enjoyed it very much. Your original characters were interesting and you stayed with Entreri's established personality without some of the jarring changes that happen in fanfic sometimes. I wish I could be a fly on the wall when Entreri has dinner with Drizzt. :D
Reticulated-Elk chapter 7 . 1/19/2004
Thank you Dave, this is just as good as the tales by R.A. Salvatore!
I was only worried about a few logic gaps either in chapter 5,6, or 7 but they obviously weren't that important or I would have written them here.
I really enjoyed the Ranger, Elioon (sp?) 's obsession with Entreri and how you really captured the characters essences.
You also showed some real good twists of plot and tricks of the pen with your misleading instances of confusing the reader whether Entreri really did kill those people in Waterport(?) ;) Even though in my heart I really knew he didn't, I was still somewhat taken by surprise at his crazed reaction to Ellen.
But it worked. Everything in this story worked.
Your beginning also showed great knowledge of the Forgotten Realms universe.
I hold great respect for your tales and just wanted to tell you that I think it is actually sellable material.
Perhaps you should offer your services to Wizards of the Coast by sending some sort of sample... They are quite open to new authors.
Arabwel chapter 1 . 8/23/2003
Damn, I just realized I haven't reviewed this even though I consider this to be your best fic... this is marvellous. Superb. Brilliant. Amazing. *hands Dave a dictionary of superlatives*
Zelin Danica Nynaeve Ni'karin chapter 7 . 2/2/2003
THIS WAS AN FANTASIC FIC! It had plot, poetry, and kept true to Entreri's 'true' nature, while changing it for the the better! I liked "Art"s self evalutions the most. Now, excuse me while I go read your other fics.

btw, I liked the ending.
Kiatry chapter 3 . 2/1/2003
hi! i just wanted to tell you that your story is great and so is the sequel! im like madly in love with artemis entreri. hehehhe! im just really happy that you didnt kill him in your stories lol. if you have the time, please write a little story for me about him! thanks a bunch! keep up the good work!
Daranak chapter 1 . 3/24/2002
Very, very good. Your portrayal of Entreri is all but flawless. I especially enjoyed your battle choreography - your talent there matches Salvatore's.
Raija Darknight chapter 7 . 2/13/2002
This story is good. Like it lots! wooo hooooo! Entreri is really in character too
Ky chapter 7 . 1/12/2002
Artemis Entreri is perhaps my favorite character out of all the Forbidden Realms settting. You have a real talent here. I'd love to see more of your writing.