Reviews for Chaos and the Aftermath
Tyler chapter 1 . 4/13/2014
Hmm. Maybe a little incongruous with how Samus was surely raised, but an interesting, well written take. It's always nice to imagine Samus as a deeper character than Nintendo ever made her out to be.
OblivionIsAtHand chapter 1 . 2/13/2008
I mostly share MaiaFay's opinion...

I would think Samus and Motherhood is a rather controversial subject when those words are paired together. But I gotta say you tackled it superbly.

again, Amazing job, my friend.
G3rain1 chapter 1 . 10/6/2007
Your portrayal of Samus is very dark, one of the darkest I've read. Though you manage to bring a very human side to her as well. While at the same time you tackled an issue that is usually avoided. And to top it all off its exceptionally well written.

The one thing I didn't get was the blood spattered room. There was no explanation for the it. Who's blood was it? Did she kill someone. It couldn't have been from smashing up her hand, could it? It sounded like there was an awful lot of it.
Maiafay chapter 1 . 4/24/2007
I want to start off stating that I'm not familiar with the fandom, but I did a little research before reading this story. Samus is a interesting character, and would be to me even if I didn't know she paraded around in a gold and red power suit most of the time.

She's so cold and calculating...yet, it seems even ice queens can crack. Her frustration and unease over her situation has my empathy...completely. I will probably never have children myself, since they do change everything in your life. No offense to those folks who love kids and babies, but I'm selfish with my time, my career, and so forth, and like Samus, the unexpected shock of a pregnancy would drive me to beating the walls myself.

She seems very dedicated to her job and conveys an indignant sense of honor at how she appears to others-as if she secretly desires to scream at them all that she saved the world-and damn it, they should love her! I see someone who is not appreciated enough emotionally, and instead, is given a wide berth for her prowess. I think she understands now how lonely she is now. I mean, who can she confide in? There is no one that can relate to her situation, and it makes me feel sorry for her. I can see why she wouldn't want that kind of life for her child, but I hope in the end that she keeps it.

Hmm, again, even though I have no idea of the canon universe, I still feel for this character and the hard choices she will have to make. It says much for your skills as a writer to convey such a strong story-regardless of fandom or knowledge of the characters personality. I saw nothing technically wrong here, and you kept the tense consistent. You imbued the text with emotion and the introspection of a worried mother and hardened warrior...a balance that is not easily depicted.

Good job m'dear, and congrats on your second inclusion in my C2.
Blitz Chick chapter 1 . 12/30/2006
I think this fic is deep and thoughtful. Definately gives you a new perspective on the feared hunter. I'd really like to see a continuation of this, like what Samus does about the fact that she's going to be a mother.
MadnessLover chapter 1 . 3/23/2006
This story is incredible... OK... That's an understatement... I've read it twice and I still think it's incredible. Once here, and once on the one Metroid website... This story is incredible. Incredible!
Chaos2489 chapter 1 . 11/24/2004
OMG this is so good. You're writing is awesome. I really liked the story. I like how you gave her emotions because you never really see her with any. Really awesome job.
Syntax chapter 1 . 10/18/2004
God damn, this is absolutely amazing. I can't agree with Insomniac enough, this truly is a masterpiece. Youve always had an amazing grasp on language, and youve managed to portray a bitter and painful feeling with this piece. You've taken Samus' character away from the superhero and focused it on the harsh reality of her gender. Its completely and utterly amazing, just everything about it. I am in awe of you yet again.
MetalSnake chapter 1 . 9/26/2004
Don't get me wrong, it's a good story but did you have to make Samus sound like a whore?
RD-master chapter 1 . 9/25/2004
Wow. Amazing. I've never seen a fic that potrays this type of element. Really good.
Darth Nat chapter 1 . 9/21/2004
Beautifully written. Once again you have written a story that, while not my preferred genre, is so exceptionally well-thought out that I couldn't help but love it. It's deep, logical, and a very stunning and unique insight into the mysterious, cold character of Samus Aran.

One of my favorite things about this story is how you give Samus both remarkably human characteristics and thoughts as well as the thoughts and feelings of what she is: a cold-blooded, uncaring bounty hunter. The way these two personalities, if you will, clash and conflict in the mind of Samus makes the story truly stand out. And Samus, as is true in all of your stories, shows a level of depth that is unparalleled in the world of Metroid fanfiction.

Keep up the excellent work. This story is truly something special, and I've come to expect no less from your writing.
LadyKayoss chapter 1 . 9/17/2004
I was wondering if anyone would have the guts to tackle this particular subject; I shouldn't be surprised it was you, and that you did it in a realistic fashion. While a part of me wonders what Samus would be like as a mother, I have to agree that she probably wouldn't keep it. I have to admit, though, I do wonder what the child would be like. Samus has all that alien blood and the results could be... interesting...
CoreFusionX chapter 1 . 9/13/2004
I have to say that I have liked this fic very much.

You get to unveil the human being that is inside the cold and emotionless metal suit.

The moral dilemma of the motherhood is very well treated, as it is very similar to the real world cases, but with the added issue of the killer giving life.

Sincerely, I cant thinkk of any way this could be improved, so, keep up the good work, you are a really good writer.
Insomniac By Choice chapter 1 . 9/11/2004
Wonderful is too great an understatement. Beautiful and magnificent do not seem to describe it in enough detail. Perhaps only the word “masterpiece