Reviews for Two and One
WolfsongDarkforest chapter 4 . 1/4
Ahhh... *sigh*. It's a beautiful story, and will no doubt be read over, and over, and over again.

As before, much thanks for taking the effort to make this into a perfectly developed story, and for your care and use in the punctuation department. I can truly appreciate it :

Contentedly,
-Wolfsong
to-the-trees chapter 3 . 3/1/2014
They probably haven't even heard of fanfiction
EruDaughter chapter 1 . 9/22/2006
This was beautiful, sigh, I have such a soft spot for the Twins and this is a wonderful tle of them.

It is true that someone hurts like that they do go, weel, nuts. Very artfuly done.
Anorwen06 chapter 4 . 5/19/2006
Who will ever know why it took me so long to finish reading this story ... But I loved it!
pipinheart chapter 4 . 7/7/2005
a very good story,all the way through,good job...
WarriorElf chapter 4 . 2/25/2005
Crying now. Too hard to review. I'll drop by later if the fanfic police don't block it.
WarriorElf chapter 2 . 2/25/2005
I'm having a fit here. Please don't make me have a bloody fit. (No pun intended.) Wow, this is very well written. Glad I found it, or I was at first...now I'm not so sure. Don't worry, I still love it, and I wont stop here...can't stop here.
EverKitsune chapter 4 . 12/18/2004
that was beautiful! it made me cry, it made me laugh, it's great! Thanks for writing such and awsome story!
Nefcairiel chapter 1 . 10/18/2004
Oh wow, what a beautiful little story! I'm so glad I stumbled across it. You have such a talented writing style and your portrayal of the young twins was so cute and enjoyable to read. You really have a way of getting across the feelings of your characters in a way that makes the reader really care about them. Especially Mara. The background for her was relatively simple, yet you managed to make me feel so sorry for her. You're able to create depth to your characters in a short length and that takes a lot of talent. Can I just point out some of my favorite passages?

"The twins were identical in appearance, but their mother had no trouble telling them apart. Elladan, the oldest, was an intelligent youngster with a gentle heart and a love of learning, healing, and the stories of the old days. He had appointed himself his brother's protector; and though Elrohir sometimes chafed at the idea of his minutes-older brother as a guide, both of them seemed to regard the arrangement as something that was the way it ought to be. In Elladan, Celebrian could see the beginnings of Elrond's wisdom, strength, intelligence, and compassion."

That passage was so good! Your interpretation of the twins' individual personalities and relationships with one another is so dead on, in my opinion. Even though we don't for sure know what the twins are actually like, your version of them just seems right. I loved the sentence: "both of them seemed to regard the arrangement as something that was the way it ought to be." That was so cute. I love the unspoken agreements shared between the twins.

"They complemented each other, like two halves of a whole, like two pieces of the same puzzle. They each knew what the other was thinking and feeling; they completed each other's sentences; and each intuitively knew, in mock battles or games, what the other would do next. Elladan's insight perfectly complemented Elrohir's zest for life; Elladan protected his brother emotionally, even as Elrohir tutored him in the arts of warfare."

That was another brilliant passage regarding the twins' relationship. I loved it. Especially this sentence: "Elladan's insight perfectly complemented Elrohir's zest for life."

"Through Vilya, Elrond could sense the twins' bond; and, though he would not normally have let Elrohir witness a scene like this, separating the twins now would likely kill Elladan.

If he were not already dying."

I really thought it was interesting how you brought in Elrond's ring of power. Great idea. I had never before thought of how Elrond could use his ring to better understand his sons. And I loved how you said: "separating the twins now would likely kill Elladan. If he were not already dying." What a great mix of angst and foreboding!

Well, this review's getting really long so I should probably wrap it up. Oh, I just wanted to add how much I loved the last paragraph: "Father and son, old warrior and young hero, turned and walked back indoors. Behind them, the sun set, and the stars shone, casting the garden in silver beauty. And somewhere, far away, a mother and her black-haired daughter looked down on it and smiled." That was so touching! And it added wonderful closure to the story.

Thanks for sharing this story with us! I'm going to add it to the C2 twins community, if you don't mind. Keep up your wonderful writing!

-Nefcairiel
Jazi chapter 4 . 9/26/2004
Wow! This was a very nicely written story! I enjoyed reading it very much.
Tinkerbell033 chapter 4 . 9/8/2004
so sweet. that was a great story!
Dragon Confused chapter 1 . 9/8/2004
Interesting and scary - I especially like the scenes with the twins in!
LGL137 chapter 3 . 9/7/2004
This is a really good story, I hardly ever find stories about the young twins and I like them a lot. Please update soon :)
Anorwen06 chapter 3 . 9/7/2004
Ekk! While I'm thrilled to have an update, this cliffie is going to distract me during school today. I'll be taking notes on Music History when I'll get this mental image of Elrohir shooting that woman in the back. *winces* Upate soon and keep up the good work! :-)
Viresse chapter 3 . 9/6/2004
I meant to submit my review for ch.2, mainly to urge you to post the next chapter soon..and here you are!

You write well, it's hard to do especially you're updating quite soon. It runs smooth and reasonable, it's just sad that Mara dies so soon. It's always the ones who're alive to suffer the consequences, right?

I like how you describe both Elladan and Elrohir that brave. Though Elladan suffers severe pain, he still try to help Mara. Though Elrohir must suffer much from what had happened to his brother, he doesn't just cry and do anything stupid, but try to think calm and save his brother at last. I think these personalities fits those who are of great importance in the future - bright, smart and sincere.

I've added this story to my favourite list and I hope you'll post your update soon.