Reviews for The Emperor's Pendant
MiniEllie chapter 19 . 9/12/2005
Hey everyone!

I am actually going to update a page on thank-yous but I just want to leave a message here.

Thank you very much to Rache, Dragon Spirit Fighter and others for leaving reviews where you understand how I ended my story.

Madam Peko, I understand that you were not happy with the ending but this is my story and insulting myself and my reviewers is something I do not approve of. I'd like you to understand that I am grateful for your review but I do not like it when you leave another review to insult me and my reviewers more. If you are unhappy with this story, I'd recommend you go and read someone elses story.

And I did not ask Rache to insult you, as a matter of face I did not know she had reviewed until she told me.

Thank you and I apologise if you are insulted by this review but tough.

Loser.
Dragon Spirit Fighter chapter 19 . 9/11/2005
Hi MiniEllie,

I already reviewed for this chapter, but I just want you to know that you have so many people behind you for this story. Don't you listen to a word that Mama Peko says, because remember, she's an "ARTIST" and not a writer. Amusing, though, isn't it, that she feels she needs to keep coming back and tell you how to write a story. What does she care, if she's not even a writer? I've already told you, it takes a lot of courage to go against the norm when it comes to writing fanfictions. Yes, I am a Mulan x Shang fan, but you wrote your story how you wanted it to be, and that's what this website is about, writing our own stories how we want them to be.

Mama Peko, if you're reading this, I will admit, I was disappointed in the ending, but what MiniEllie wrote in her story was up to her, not anyone else. No one is making you come back and continue to comment on this story or to the other authors' comments, you are doing so just out of spite. MiniEllie is not asking any of us to stand up for her, we're doing so because she's our friend and fellow fanfiction writer. I only know her through her work, but yes, I do consider her one of my peers because we both share our work on the same website and in the same forum. We read each other's stories and comment on what we like and dislike about them. We support each other in our writing and learn from each other, just like every other writer here. You consider yourself an "ARTIST", but what we accomplish here is another form of art. The fact that you've admitted to being a "disney fan" will not cause us to respect you or your comments if you do not respect our work and that of our fellow authors. Whatever you were going to say to anyone else's work, take it and leave, because around here we stand up for each other, and we don't respect or care for anyone who flames or disrespects our peers' work just for the sake of it.

MiniEllie, I apologize for sending her a note in the form of a review, but I felt I had to say something to her. Keep up the wonderful writing, MiniEllie, don't let anyone ever make you feel like your gift goes unnoticed, because I, for one, greatly appreciate you sharing your work with us here at this forum.
Tsumi chapter 17 . 9/11/2005
Hey another greatly written chapter! :3 I love it except that Mulan DIED and I think I could get used to Tao and Mulan as a couple..uh...if Mulan weren't dead...but otherwise omgz cool story! D Though some of bitch 'Mama Peko's' point where kinna true, in the fact that it sucked you killed off Mulan but I think everyone was a bit teari-ful about that. ;-; Though some people are just spiteful and have sticks up their asses, but besides her being a bitch she did make some interesting points, if not mean ones. o_O
Mama Peko chapter 18 . 9/11/2005
Hahahaha you people are intensely funny. I apologize for being so harsh, but I was slightly disappointed in this ending. I think anyone who's a ShangxMulan fan would be, but if you insist on your own characters so be it. Reason why I didn't log in? I don't even have an account, nor would I put any of my 'writings' on this because I am an ARTIST not a writer, though I could write better than any of you insulters with a pencil in my mouth. I'll be honest, although I love this story, the way it's written, and your many characters, the fact that you killed off practically everyone can only piss off people to an extent, but it's just fiction in the end isn't it, I think I forgot that and took it a bit more into reality, being the immense disney fan I am. I think what I find most amazing is that one of you had the guts to call me a 'biatch'. I'm sorry, but I find that extremely funny. How old are you people, twelve? If you were so upset about my comment 'MiniEllie' may I suggest that next time you let you, yourself write a personal complaint rather than letting your friends do it? Why did I read this then, because I simply loved the story until you killed Mulan at the end. Sorry, just a little dramatic there, but you did two things the majority of fans dislike, so you can only expect to get burned baby.

Oh, and if I went to Pluto to 'freeze and die' wouldn't it make more sense if I just went into the atmosphere and waited till I ran out of air? Why would I go to pluto for that you idiot?
Rach chapter 19 . 9/9/2005
Ellie! i'm so glad! i guess i'm like the only one who likes the idea of mulan dying in tao's arms.. but you know i did tell you make the ending like that so...

so anyway.. tao and mulan.. yay! shang's so gay.. (not in movie mind, he's so freakin fit!) and i know people are going to have a go at me but i have to say what i have to say,, i'm not flaming you or saying your writing sucks or anything... (el you told me you didn't get any flames..) and that mama peko didn't have the guts to log on and sign on.. biatch..

i just wanted to say to mama peko on the behalf of my best friend: you are so mean, don't you have anyt the advice was good though about it being anticlimactic but i don't think ellie actually meant about love not working.. i somewhat persuaded her shang that mulan aren't meant to be in this story... lol..

anyway i have IT next and haven't done the homework.. ciao loads of love, Rach x
Yesl chapter 19 . 9/8/2005
hey! loved the ending.. mulan and tao are meant to be together.. hahaha.. i'm proud of you gling.. haha.. it's exactly like what we talked about.. has min hae read it? lol.. it's good, it's good..

(oh yeah.. omg you reached like 310 reviews or something.. congrats! i'm so jealous.. sol.. hee hee hee...)

oh and is yu pei a real name or did you make it up?
Leontine Welch chapter 19 . 9/6/2005
Why did you have to make her die and not marry shang! oh well, its written in disney anyways: mulan and shang got married. The end.
Water-star chapter 19 . 9/4/2005
Dude u did not just end this fanfic like this r u? I have always been in love this fanfic but i can't believe u put Mulan with Tao! It just that I'm a Mulan/Shang fan, i feel so bad 4 Shang.

But i'm really shocked that u killed Mulan, u did a good job but i still can't believe it! Then again whenever a story kills off the main character, it takes me a few days 2 finally realise that they R DEAD!
Bridget chapter 19 . 9/3/2005
that was really sad!
Dragon Spirit Fighter chapter 19 . 9/2/2005
Hm, alright, I'll admit it, I was somewhat disappointed in this chapter, but not because you killed Mulan. The whole chapter was somewhat . . .anticlimactic, if you will. I admire you for pulling this all into one final chapter, but overall you really made everything happen too fast. It's almost like I blinked and all of a sudden three of the four remaining members of the Fa family were dead. Other than that, it was a well-written, poignant, beautiful story about how love just does not work. You did a wonderful job, don't let anyone tell you otherwise, because writing a complete fanfiction with original characters and figuring out how to balance everything out is hard. And killing the heroine right at the very end takes spunk, let me tell you, and so far you're only the second writer whose work I've read who's had the guts to do so. I don't even think I would be able to make Mulan's death as beautiful and symbolic as you did. Killing a main character is never easy; a writer needs to be very confident in how they write to be able to do so, which you more than obviously are. It is one thing to give writers constructive criticism about their work, but people who flame other's work and aren't even brave enough to start their own account and have a real penname aren't even worth listening to.

I hope none of the flaming reviewers have damaged your ego too much, for you have a real gift for writing, and I hope you continue to share your work with us. Kudos on a great story!
randomgirl chapter 19 . 9/2/2005
Look, MiniEllie, I respect your story, but that such a disappiontment in the end! I wanted to cry!

Why didn't you make it like... Tao jumped in front Mulan to save her, he dies and she's upset. She and the others have his funeral and then Shang and Mulan have their first kiss, then it cuts to five years later, they're married and have a child, but Mulan still remembers Tao.

You don't have to change the ending if you don't want to, it's your story. But I'm just letting you know that I enjoyed the story, MiniEllie, I just didn't like the ending... AT ALL!
Nessa A. Dennis chapter 18 . 9/2/2005
MiniEllie, this is a response to Mama Peko:

You know, Mama Peko, you are one hell of a bitch. She wasn't being selfish, she wrote it that way for a reason. This story is wonderful, and if you don't like it then why did you read it? And hey, you can think anything you friggin want, but never dis a great writter like this, you're an ass for it. And she's not lazy, to have actually put up that many chapters takes alot of effort, so having actually doing it can't make someone LAZY! The ending is not a friggin disgrace, you are! What made you think that you could come to this story and shoot it down? This is what I think, you shoot it down because you can't write one of your own. And I personally think that you have no morales and not everyone agrees with you, so here's a plan, leave jump in a spaceship, go to pluto, freeze and DIE! That way no one has to hear your negativity! You lazy son of a bitch!

Loser.

Okay MiniEllie, I'm done. I said what I wanted to say to this person, now I hope I can get that person to read it. And don't let this flamer get you down, I have been flamed to, and its not funny. Well, I guess I should go. Bye.
Nessa A. Dennis chapter 19 . 9/2/2005
That was so sad. Why did it have to be that way? Why? It was a wonderfully written chapter. Thanks for updating.
CluelessAngel chapter 19 . 9/2/2005
that was so sad. there wasnt a dry eye anywhere when people were reading it! lol it was so sad... i cant believe Mulan ended up with Tai... well of what time she spent with him. loved the story. good job!
InuhanyouLafiel chapter 19 . 9/2/2005