Reviews for Neverland
Matani chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
Very good! :) Especially the very small twist at the end revealing the truth about it.
orange sodap0p chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
(This is the second time I'm posting this, not sure if you got it or not already b/c ff . net had an error)

Ooh, this is deep. You can just feel the emotion in every little action! Definitely getting added to the favs. I've seen friendships ruined over this type of thing, and while this is sad to read, it happens. Luckily they work through it, though! I know others have said before, but the repetition of fire is worked in really well, and the few lines Matt says out loud after Tai is already gone speaks volumes.

But the lines that really get me are when Matt says "it's just me, Kamiya." And Tai soon later asks about Sora, which you can just tell that he doesn't care about them (he does because he is upset about it but he doesn't want to know about it, if that makes any sense), and Matt follows it with "Don't". The tension is so thick, and yet, it's "just" Matt. Just Tai's best friend. You wrote that extremely well.

(Hey and don't worry about that anon, I don't know why they are even on this site, because anything they read won't be a play-by-play of the tv show, lol. Really? I couldn't help but laugh. Anyway, like I tell my boyfriend - some people exist only to piss on other people's days. And in the end all they accomplish is showing how much of an asshole they are.)
MrGooseyMoose chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
Wow, that was intense...

Ahem...I've gotta hand it to ya; you're exceptional when it comes to expressing the characters' emotions. I can't even begin to explain how much this pulled at my lil heart strings. Of course, that's not a bad thing. Quite the contrary! My inability to speak shows off just how powerful this piece is.

Great stuff! )
l0vescream chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
You know that kind of ache when you read a heartwrenching story? This one gave me that ache.
mirai3k chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
Not exaggerating but I almost couldn't breathe for a moment back there, so fierce was the emotion.

The fire, the fire, the fire. The reference to Neverland, the playground. Beautiful. The entire feel of this was breathtakingly beautiful. And I'm Sorry, it leaves me so fragmented. Maybe it wasn't entirely the digiworld that did that to him but I do see how it had something to do with it because a lot of it was children fighting wars, and I'm sure losing Sora just made it worse.

I especially love when writers get to the psychological side of the destined children (as it hardly ever comes up) and you just illustrated everything wonderfully. *sigh* this is a gem. I honestly want to quote your every other line. And thank you, really, because so rarely do I find a piece that inspires me to write in this fandom again because (reading your profile) I too was am/obsessed and Taichi keeps me going but writing it got so hard with the fandom dying and all.
Crazy PurpleSage chapter 1 . 12/19/2007
Wow, that was intense. Who knew Tai felt like that. Extremely profound, I loved it, that was very well written.
chrono17 chapter 1 . 4/16/2007
Wow. I don't know what else I can say. I never could really see what would happen with that either. This is really good but it is really sad too. I liked this a lot and where as I can see you not continuing this line, I would like to see it continue(I am a taiora fan but this is just too good).
Necessitating Love chapter 1 . 1/26/2007
I don't remember how exactly I reacted to the out-of-the-blue Sorato in season 2. It was too long ago. But I know it probably wasn't a pretty reaction, considering how obsessed with Taiora I was back then. And I know for sure that I hated Matt after that whole Christmas episode fiasco, but that was when I was young and stupid and stubborn (more so than I am now, anyway). Nowadays, I don't really hate Matt (or Sorato) but I never really got over the fact that Sorato came out victorious.

I think this story kinda helped with that, though. ..in a strange way that I can't really comprehend. Thanks for another great fanfic!
Potgenie chapter 1 . 12/19/2006
Love this. I usually don't read Sorato/Taiora fics, but this one is too good. :) Reading practically all your fics now (why didnt I find them earlier?) and so far, none of them disappoint. :)
No one important chapter 1 . 11/22/2006
Maybe this isn't my place to jump in, but I'm angry right now and not thinking clearly, so I will.

To the anonymous reviewer:

An amazing part of fanfiction is that it allows the authors to fill in the gaps between shows, as well as create AUs and extend beyond the series. This fic takes place during Season 2, and if I remember correctly, that season focused on the younger kids. So there was a lot of time in between when Sora told Tai about Matt, and when we the viewers next saw them. We have no idea what went on then, and *gasp* sometimes even best friends fight. And you're right, they did get over it. But we don't know how long it took them, and this fic shows that process. Oh, and by the way, there was more than one time that this little love triangle was mentioned. At the end of the series, Tai and Sora are together, and Matt and Izzy discuss whether or not Matt is jealous. So this little arc was spread over half of the season, although we didn't see most of it. That's why there's fanfiction, to help fill in those blanks.

Friendship and teamwork do prevail in this show, you're right. But where was friendship when Metalgarurumon attacked Agumon? Or when Tai yelled at Matt for taking time to build the graves? See, they all fight, and it's not up to you to decide which issues are petty or not. Matt fought with Tai over TK's love, and so I find it just as logical that they would fight over Sora's. Because, above all, the Digidestined are imperfect humans. So they make mistakes.

Also, if you hate this story so much, why bother reading it and reviewing it three times? I, for one, thought it was very well done, (I figure if I'm here I should probably review it) and I especially loved the mentions of fire, because Tai is fire. His personality, and it's also his element. And it's Sora's, too, I suppose, but I'm not stupid enough to add that to my list of Reasons-why-Taiora-works. :)Also, loved the subtle mention of Matt's crest under his shirt. Nice touch. Although, I must point this out, they'd given up their crests by then. I guess he could still have the tag, but the crest went up into the sky.

Good story!
Angelfish369 chapter 1 . 11/10/2006
That was so sad! Ya I did NOT react well to the Sorato. I think maybe they changed writers between seasons 1 and 2 because there seems to be a bit of Taiora going on (and Yamachi, hehe) and then got completely dismissed in season 2. But that's what fanfics are for!
starchica chapter 1 . 10/28/2006
Oh, poor Tai! Poor, poor heartbroken Taichi. I want to hug him. You know, it was this line that really got me- "He tried to remember the last time he’d seen Tai’s infectious, boyish grin.", because you're right, Tai hardly ever smiles the same way in 02. Yeah, he's older, but he's still Tai, and he should smile more. Right now I'm picturing him talking to Kari about how hard it is to be a digidestined, and the new kids don't really know about it, and he's definitely not smiling. The only time (I can remember) that he really smiles is when he and Greymon are destroying the spires, and that was before Christmas. Sigh. Poor Taichi.
dorkiss chapter 1 . 7/20/2006
Just read this and am now trying extremley hard not to cry my eyes out. I haven't read such an emotional fic in such a long time. This is refreshing and absolutley perfect. I'm so glad I came across it.
onewingdtenshi07 chapter 1 . 7/5/2006
Very nice. I liked this fic a lot! XD Keep up the wonderful work, and don't let the ignorance of others get you down. You're a great writer! XD
Shakia chapter 1 . 5/29/2005
Whoot! That was a great fic, I really loved reading it! *high fives* Poor Tai! And I must agree that they really didn't go into that. Again I say, poor Tai!