Reviews for Close Enough
TL22 chapter 1 . 3/27
Wow I liked Jess in this story. I really like how you gave Shane the lead in the story. We never did know much abut her form the show. I have Always thought that she received a raw deal.

Your portrayal of Rory was excellent. Rory basically is a bitch and God help any girl who liked the same girl as sweet Rory. Rory picked a fight with Shane at her place of work and later on told anyone who would listen how bad Lindsay was for Dean.

The story is short, but you really drove your point home.

Excellent writing.
Musical Redhead chapter 1 . 3/25
This was good, I like it. I think Jess will end up like Christopher- available for the Gilmore girls to run to whenever things in their lives aren't going the way they want. But it's nice to think Jess (or any of the guys, really) could have the self-respect to see Rory isn't worth the trouble and move on willingly and successfully/happily.

My only complaint is that this was so short.
BrokenForEternity chapter 1 . 1/16/2009
I really like it,

Not many people can write a bitchy Rory or an unbitchy shane well, but you did a really good job,

I like Shane/Jess, I just wish that there were more fics about shane.
Melon-Mango-Metropolis chapter 1 . 3/11/2006
a phase? ha. as if. i hated fifth season Rory, although her hair was kinda cute. other than that, i totally hated her. she thought she was so great, her and her male version of Paris Hilton boyfriend. anyway, good story.
miarae chapter 1 . 5/18/2005
Sweet :) liked it a lot :)
Padfoot n' Moony chapter 1 . 12/3/2004
update!
Lindz chapter 1 . 11/12/2004
Wow. I never thought in a million years that i would ever like the idea of shane and jess. VERY odd...

And call me crazy, call me insane, call me Bates McGee, but this has huge potention to be more then a one parter. I know that you would be the only one who could keep up with the story, anyone else would butcher it horribly.
Alliegirl chapter 1 . 10/7/2004
Wow! That was actually cute. I never thought I'd say it but I like Jess and Shane.

"Go to hell"

"How about Luke's"

"Close enough"

-Very funny.
someone5 chapter 1 . 9/7/2004
Hee-hee. I love to hate Rory.
sarahmariano chapter 1 . 9/7/2004
i liked it. it's definently a different spin. i also like how jess says the rory he cared about no longer exists, i really enjoy that. tho i dont really like to think that jess ever liked shane more than fooling around with her, im too lit to believe that he liked anyone else other than rory at that time. i mean, at that time, rory was good rory and i wanted her with jess so i wouldnt wana ruin that. awesome work tho! :D
sarahmariano chapter 1 . 9/7/2004
Daisy Deertree chapter 1 . 9/5/2004
I don't get it.
Rebekah D chapter 1 . 9/5/2004
Thank you for writing that! I like it when people branch out and go against the grain i.e write Rory as the uber bitch she can so easily be become. Props to you!
Gilmore chapter 1 . 9/5/2004
Nice short story :).
Becks1 chapter 1 . 9/5/2004
Aw. That was sweet. I always liked Shane.