Reviews for Innocent Games
dbzfan the first chapter 33 . 5/3
i must say the story was awesome and i hope the next will be just as good
livezinshadowz chapter 34 . 3/5
In all my years of reading Digimon fanfiction, I have no idea how I never came across this story, but I'm extremely glad I found it now.

You did an AMAZING job with the characters, especially giving everyone their screentime and showing their thought processes, and even made me like characters who I don't particularly care for; I actually felt a little bad when Davis "died", especially with the romance/tension you had budding between him and Yolei.

I loved the angst and drama, and even better, the romance wasn't overdone, but subtle. The reactions of some of the characters were so spot-on to how I think about them in my head that I will definitely be coming back and rereading this over and over again in the future. Thank you for a wonderful piece of work.

...And now to check out what else you've got.
Catelyn Tsukino chapter 33 . 2/18
Also, can I recommend your story on my tumblr account?
Catelyn Tsukino chapter 34 . 2/18
Can't believe it took you ten years to write it! It doesn't look like it! Your chapters seem very connected to each other, as if you haven't forgotten a thing of what you planned in these ten years.
I really liked your story. Your idea was very interesting, and you developed well. I also enjoyed the way you wrote your original digimon, especially Animamon. It was a nice idea, creating disabled digimon. All that soul-manipulating and world-creating thing was also very well constructed.
I think you gave proper space to everyone. Even Iori. I liked that you gave him some kind of friendship to Taichi. Iori doesn't talk to many of the older Chosen in canon, and it's to see a change. I also liked the love triangles and how you ended them.
Anyway, really nice story, I'm glad you didn't abandon it!
Cherry003 chapter 34 . 9/29/2014
Hey :)
Wow, this Fiction was amazing!
I have to say that I have started it once but didn't read till the end, somehow it wasn't appealing to me, back then. But Sonfaro suggested your story a couple of times in his stories so I had to reread it and I'm pretty impressed :)
I love the ending and the meaning!
Thanks :)
DephsXylex chapter 33 . 9/28/2014
I think I reviewed before, but its been quite some time. I went back earlier this week and started rereading this from the beginning and I'm glad I did. This fic turned out really well. Although I'm not a fan of Sorato, I think it served the story well. When Davis died I was pretty shocked, but it was sensical and I had a feeling that he wasn't truly dead. I also like how Animamon was not immediately killed upon his rebirth as well and that his destruction ultimately made the digital world a better place. Really great fix and I hope to see more from you soon!
Seany Mac chapter 34 . 9/13/2014
So I read this story a few months ago, but this epilogue reminded me that I was a very rude reader that hadn't reviewed. I can honestly say that this story was the most gut wrenching experience I've ever had reading any story, much less a fanfic so that's a huge credit to your writing. I remember at several different points during this story I just needed to stop readng, close my laptop, and go find a person to hug haha. The emotions in this are so real and so vivid thst I started to feel them myself and my heart genuinely ached for the characters. I don't think I've ever read a story that ended Takari that made me feel so bad for Davis, which is a great credit to how you wrote him sympathetically. I feel like, even though I'm a huge Takari fan, that's always something missing in those stories. Davis being in love with Kari doesn't make him a bad person, yet some authors choose to demonize him in their stories and that always runs me the wrong way. I really enjoyed how you showed Kari struggling with the two extremely different types of love that she received from TK and Davi. Considering her character from the series she would seem to be very likely to struggle with this sort of issue because she would be so afraid of hurting anyone.

I'd be remiss not to mention how well you wrote that Tai/Sora/Matt and Davis/Yolei/Ken triangles. You really made it seem like an agonizing choice between two close friends for the center of the triangle, as it truly would be. I really felt that the resolutions to these triangles treated all the characters fairly and kept them in character, which is much easier said than done.

Lastly, I just loved the ending to the story as well as the epilogue because despite the harrowing events of the story you ended it on a high note for everyone and giving hope for redemption in the case of Curamon. Essentially it was great to see that despite all the awful things that the DigiDestined went through they all emerged from the experience closer than ever and better off than before they were dragged into that world of horrors. The ultimate message that at the end of the day it was all worth it, was a great note to end on.

I am truly awed by and envious of your writing, so kudos to you for a brilliant story that I never want to re-read (meant in the best way possible.)
Miih7409 chapter 27 . 9/12/2014
OH GOD! that was so disgusting... and I was almost crying here. Poor Tai (TToTT)
This is one of the best things I've read in years, honestly. This is really good.
Miih7409 chapter 25 . 9/11/2014
You killed him... you made me the hell depressed... and now he's alive.
I don't know if I'm glad or disapointed.
Miih7409 chapter 24 . 9/11/2014
He died? Like, really, he died?!
I'm afraid of keep reading...
I'm sad, and I didn't even like Davis that much...
Miih7409 chapter 20 . 9/10/2014
IS THIS SORATO OR TAIORA? Holy shit, I'm super addicted. AND this should totally happen in 2015.
I'd love to see it on screen. Tell me, did the producers buy this from you?
Miih7409 chapter 11 . 9/5/2014
I really hope this has a happy ending - for the whole gang...
Miih7409 chapter 10 . 9/5/2014
Okay, maybe you're not even gonna read this (nor care). BUT I like reviews, so I'm leaving you one.
This is good. The writing, the drama and the plot itself... everything is so delicious. And I can't believe it took me so long to find this.
Daaang I'm addicted to this story!
Miih7409 chapter 1 . 9/5/2014
Okay... so I was caught by surprise by the 'move to chap 4' BUT I have a feeling this is gonna be very good.
Review again when not feeling so lazy.
*expectation mode on*
Amethyst-Love chapter 33 . 7/14/2014

This review is ridiculously long overdue, and I want to apologize for taking a ridiculously long time to catch up on this story. It never left my mind, just letting you know! In order to finish it properly, I read it again from the beginning and *cries* I'm so sad that it's over! You've done an incredible job, and I know I've told you this multiple times, but you're definitely one of the best digimon authors on this site (maybe even in the whole world, since I'm already being dramatic).

The ending showdown with Animamon was nothing short of brilliant. The way that all the digidestined continued to silently make amends even during the battle was heart-wrenchingly beautiful. Their realization that petty love-life drama, while still incredibly painful, isn't as horrible as the loss of their friends/friendships was perfect. (PS. My heart still raced when I re-read Davis's death, and Tai's heroic sacrifice. I love those goggle-heads so much, *cries again*)

Also, can I just talk about how much I love Izzy. Poor guy, he went through so much alone and I doubt he'll ever be 100% okay again. And having to live with the guilt of creating the program that inflicted all of this chaos must be such a heavy burden. But, I can't help but sympathize with him. I love him so much, too. One of my favorite things, throughout the story, was Tai's relentless need to find Izzy. I think you portrayed their friendship perfectly! I feel like many authors forget how close those two were in the actual series, so their bond is one of my favorites. Even though Tai's "Best Male Friend" position is usually given to Matt, I can't help but think that Izzy is a close second, if not tied with him. The fact that Tai was there for Izzy, and constantly worrying about Izzy, throughout your story, it made my heart-strings pull. I just love them *cries even more*.

The last chapter was beyond perfect. Seeing how everyone came to resolutions finally made me realize that the story was ending. I read it slower than any chapter just so I could savor it. First of all, you've made me into a Daiyako fan without a doubt! I'M SO ECSTATIC that they ended up together! And it makes perfect sense, too, since both of them had endured a lot of trauma. I do feel bad for Ken, but the way he sacrificed his feelings for Yolei so that both his friends could be happy, especially after everything that had happened, was so spot on for his character. It was such a nice surprise :)

The Sora/Tai/Matt triangle throughout the story was done phenomenally. In the end, the way you resolved their triangle was perfect, I couldn't have asked for anything more. The reason I enjoy their love triangle over others is because all three of them are such close friends. You really did them justice. And the fact that Tai had been the one to push all three of them to fix their issues was so appropriate for his character, he's a leader in every sense of the word. And if you couldn't already tell, Tai's my favorite character so I'm very picky about the way he's portrayed in fanfiction. YOU'VE DONE HIM PERFECTLY. Going from recklessly suggesting that the group split up, to naively assuming that they could fight off whoever was messing with their minds and memories, to allowing himself to cautiously kiss Sora (in comparison to Davis's reckless abandon when he had his chance with Kari), to having to deal with the consequences of sleeping with Mimi (which I secretly loved, btw) AND kissing Sora, to walking behind the gang and ceasing to lead them anymore (which was so heart-breaking, even for me), to trying to sheepishly make amends without any reciprocation from the others, to heroically killing that creature, to-

I could go on forever. You've written him PERFECTLY, and I'm so in love with your Tai. Since Sora doesn't want him, I'll gladly take him, haha. But really, the way he sacrificed his feelings for her because he knew who Sora's heart really belonged to, *swoons*. You can't help but love him. And I surprisingly enjoyed Sora and Matt's storyline, as well! The torture both of them felt while being around each other, even though they were tortured in completely different ways, was so real. Matt's confusion as to their breakup, and Sora's confusion as to her feelings are such real experiences that I don't think you're given enough credit. You have a knack for complex emotions while staying true to the characters' original personalities, and I have to applaud you on that.

The Davis/Kari/TK triangle was also done brilliantly. The big difference between their triangle and the Tai/Sora/Matt triangle, generally, is the fact that Davis and TK aren't as good of friends as their older counterparts. It makes the emotions even more gut-wrenching, and you can't help feel badly for all of them. I think the key to a successful love triangle is when you can't decide who you want to be the final couple. While TK is perfect for Kari in every sense, Davis's passion for her is hard to ignore. Even in the final chapters, you can feel the jealousy from Davis's end, which for the Tai/Sora/Matt triangle didn't really exist anymore. There's a hopelessness when it comes to all three characters, because you know someone is going to be left out in the cold, and this person turned out to be Davis. Thankfully, he had Yolei so seems like its happy endings all around! Oh, and I love how you used Davis's death as a reason for TK and Kari to really regret not having fixed things with him sooner. It was a good example to the chosen children, and to readers alike, that life is often short; we should all tie up loose ends before it's too late.

I could go on about other awesome aspects of your story (The Joe/Mimi storyline, Ken's epic journey to make amends with himself, Mimi's need to be unselfish, etc.) but I think this review's already a little bit too long, haha. I want to end this with some encouragement, because after reading your blog, I think you might need some:

You are an AMAZING writer. And writing isn't just about grammar and prose, it's also about the story, the emotions, and the ability to make your readers feel and learn something. You didn't just write a fanfiction about pointless drama (which mine is starting to look like now, LOL) but you wrote a story about friendship, survival, pain, and love. You wrote something important, and it's somehow helping me deal with my real life issues. And that is what makes you so awesome.

I hope you continue writing for Digimon, because the fanfiction world needs you to! Well, I need you to, if I'm gonna be completely honest. Thanks for making this story, it'll always be one of my favorites, and now a part of my heart :)