Reviews for Alleyway Dirge
runobody2 chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
Yum. such delicious fodder. Comments: I noticed that you seem to have long deserted your teen titan work, but what gives?

viewpoint- brilliant! different, but still the starfire we've grown to love.
backstory- believable. I somehow believed that robin and raven might be the survivors, as they are generally the strongest, but survival can be quite random! Let's face it: robin doesn't have any powers, and his technology could be unrestockable if civilization falls. Raven can get outacontrol. And Starfire is no wimp. It's quite possible she would have an advantage due to alien descent. I wish you could have mentioned the other survivors, or possible plans of returning to Tamaran.

Nice darkness to it, poses questions like why we cling onto hope and what makes a person change.

Lovely, in general :)
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
Well THAT was ... dark. Bleah.

Real, live end-of-the-world, and no mistake. Well-written, but ...

HeyI'mTalkingToYou chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
This is one of the most depressing things I've ever read. But it's beautifully strung together. Good job.
hA-UkA chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
Very realistic.
ally ally oxenfree chapter 1 . 11/29/2005
You. Rock. x.x So few people on can do an angsty tradgedy like this without mucking it up really really badly. This. Rocks. You are a brilliant writer; I hope you know that.
azyrian chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
Wow, that's harsh. (in a good way) I can actually see Star become someone like that just to survive. Another great one-shot.
Kingfishers chapter 1 . 2/19/2005
Wow. I love how you write. One f the ebst "end of the Titans" fics I have had the good fortune to read. I want to see more of this in a near future.
Thrice Crossed Fool chapter 1 . 12/29/2004
This is a wonderfully done piece. I love this fic and it has helped inspire me to write for the moment.

I hope to see more of this in the future...

~Thrice Crossed~

(P.S. Blades, Hunting, Trophies...Why do these invaders remind me of Predator's?)
UnknownSource chapter 1 . 11/2/2004
I love this fic. Not in the sense "OMG, this is BRILL!11 I luv it" more in the "Thank god that there is at least one good writer in the TT universe who can write a dark, angsty, melancholy future fic work in a whole lot of cameoes and make it belivible"

When I first saw this and looked at the word count, I sighed. The tagline was brilliant and interesting (rest assured it's been added to my long list of quotes) but I sighed because generally I dislike short stories under 20 words since there isnt really enough time to get into a lot of detail.

I suppose I should've had more faith. This was utterly brilliant, definitely in the top 5 Titan's fics ever written, most likely taking gold. I dunno what it is about this fic that make it good, it just is. You can feel the sorrow and numbness coming off it in waves, you can see it all happening. For some reason you dont need a play by play long description of how it happened and what's going on. All you see are little glimpses of the past and that's enough for you to visualise it all and you know there's a lot more that's probably happened and that a hell of a lot more's going to happen after but this one freeze frame is all you need to get the impact. I'm waffling, though seriously I could go on about the whole depths of this fic but most of it'll be babble.

I suppose the most interesting thing about this fic, besides the whole apocalyptic hell thing, is Starfire. Her character here is believibly different, she's nothing like her normal self yet you still can tell it's her. Plus there was all those cool cameos and such. I would beg for more because there is so much more you could do with this but I think more would probably spoil it's overall impact. I'll leave you alone now.
miss capulet chapter 1 . 9/5/2004
Wow. Yet another masterpiece from the ever-talented Scribbler!

This was, like all your fiction, a joy to read. Stupendous chacterterization, great mood, just...Wow. Wow.

I was so happy when I saw this on your user page. :D I was like "SCRIBBLER HAS WRITTEN ANOTHER TT FIC YES!~"
Slayergirl1362 chapter 1 . 9/5/2004
Blowfish the Monkey Tamer chapter 1 . 9/5/2004
Oh, it's so dark...the saddest angst fics always have crap happening to poor Starfire. It was great. Well done.
bossu chapter 1 . 9/5/2004
Bleak. Sad. Hopeless. And rather angsty. Light reading this wasn't. I'm sure some others will be reminded of Season 2's episode, where Starfire is thrown into the future. It didn't paint a future nearly this dark; not that it could, of course. But it's still interesting to see what can be spun with a generator "blurb" and a burst of creativity.
MatureImmaturity chapter 1 . 9/5/2004
*blinks* Wow. That was just ... awesome. I can't believe the character development you've done on Starfire. I mean, I know she'd have to adapt to survive, but I wasn't thinking *anywhere* along these lines. This is a great one-shot. In fact, this might be ... THE one-shot. The oneshot that other oneshots are modeled off of. (Excuse me if I'm using the word "oneshot" too much.) Anyway, keep up the excellent work.
BlackShield chapter 1 . 9/5/2004

Is good.

Very powerful.

Among the better examples of the 'End of the Titans' premises.

Keep writing.