Reviews for Rescue My Heart
silly3320 chapter 6 . 7/27/2008
when is the next chapter going to be posted? i want to read it so bad...
goldenshadows chapter 6 . 10/28/2005
good sequel
Little Illy chapter 6 . 5/23/2005
Woah! What a …woah!

I mean as always… your chapters scare the heck out of me… and bring me crawling back to beg for more…

but first of all… sorry for the lateness of my review. I have no excuse, I’ve been slack.

okies so, there was some very scary imagery and really great wording in this chapter…

I loved this line “Wes, the proverbial Pandora, had unleashed a monster that only he could feel, and it was everywhere.” I have a bit of an affinity for Pandora, but I think it’s more then that. The wording is fantastic, the imagery is scary, and the feeling is… intense. Another time in your writing when the reader almost… physically empathises with Wes…

““Oh, god.” Oh, god.” I liked the extra emphasis there. Tee hee.

“she took Wesley’s sleeve, turned his body, and looked into his face—but Wes’ face was no longer there. It had been replaced with a charred, burned mass of flesh that was unrecognizable. Blood dripped from the holes where eyes used to be like tears.

Her hands snapped open, releasing the corpse from her embrace. It slumped against the wall and dissolved into ash.”

oh God that’s scary… it’s so vivid and horrible. I thought it was very well written and down right upsetting. Poor Fred… oh the trauma.

I thought the last scene was also good… Gun discovering Illyria like that… and then… discovering Fred. There was a lot of weird mixed emotions too… I kept thinking of the old days when Gunn and Fred had been an item…

I’ll wait anxiously (but patiently) for the next chapter. I’ve been rather slack with my updates, so I sympathise… your chapters are *always* well worth waiting for…
Dark Gotham chapter 6 . 5/19/2005
Very cool I like it.
shannon chapter 6 . 5/8/2005
Wow... that was really good. I cant wait for you to update.
Anjirika chapter 6 . 5/6/2005
AH!

Wes isn't dead is he? Is he? And Fred is back! And Hannah- what does she have to do with things? Wes's future...time travel? Daughter? And Illyria, Illyria is here to stay, but Fred is back now...back...augh!

PLEASE Don't wait so long to update again ok? PLEASE!
Farewell Good Fight chapter 6 . 5/6/2005
Great chapter (as always)! You're killing me with these cliffhangers, though. Even though I like them... anyways, so happy that you updated!
Wesfan1234 chapter 6 . 5/5/2005
You always have a way of making my heart beat fast and make me want more. This chapter was great. More than great. Poor Wes is up to his eyeballs in trouble. Hope he can figure a way out of it. Good going.
Mai chapter 6 . 5/5/2005
Holy f*cking hell girl!

I applaud your newest chapter . . . very cliffhangerish . . . however, I may have to kill you if you try something like that again!
X-rogan-X chapter 6 . 5/5/2005
gr8 chppi, me a lil :s but then agen i always am.

Update soon.

xXGeMXx
Little Illy chapter 5 . 12/24/2004
Sorry I’m so late with my review! I’ve been away! But what a nice surprise, a new chapter!

As always *dizzyingly* good! Amazing drama, brilliant description and fantastically imaginative scenes! Gosh, how can a girl compete with you?

Lets start with plot points I liked. I love Hannah’s new development. She’s such a fascinating character (and we still know next to nothing about her!). The imagery is fantastic, the blood and the dirt and the basement.

“I want to go home! This is what she had screamed in those first earth-shattering moments of darkness, but she no longer remembered what home was. There was no such thing. The girl had been chained in the cell forever; she had been born in the harsh glow of the single light bulb that hung above her reach at the very top of her jail. The Lady had always been her captor, and when she was gone the Men had taken over.”

Brilliant paragraph. It’s obscure in it’s description, which of course it has to be because of Hannah’s situation, she’s practically crazy and trapped in the basement. However, it’s also really captivating (perhaps because it’s so obscure) the last line is probably most obvious (I think the “Lady” would be Lilah?) and yet I also found it the most beautiful. Actually, I could say how each line was amazing in that paragraph, but that would take to long. That’s why I said the whole paragraph was good P

Another two lines I loved where:

“The air smelt burnt”

because it’s such a sensory sentence. I could almost smell the air, the singed carpet and the ashy smoke smell. It’s something we have all smelt sometimes, burning something burnt. I think that really helps the reader get into the story.

And the other line was:

“He looked up and caught Illyria’s glittering eyes in the half-darkness,”

The combination of the “glittering” and “half-darkness” really brought this line to life for me. Again, an image I could really see. Plus, it was quite scary and beautiful.

“The elevator doors closed.”

The perfect one line, new paragraph, sentence to end the slightly scary little scene. Simple, but so scary at the same time. I liked the step by step nature of that particular bit.

The babbling senior partners were also really cool. The senior partners seem so all powerful, so completely in control, so to hear them babbling like mad idiots really enforces the idea that this girl is *amazingly* powerful.

Oh! And I can’t believe you killed all the demons in the lobby! It seems so… *bold* to me! To go and kill all the demons. Like you’re really owning this space, not just borrowing them from Joss like the rest of us poor saps.

I am once again left asking: “*How* can you write this *good*!”
X-rogan-X chapter 5 . 12/18/2004
kk here's my chapterly review...

my honest opinion it's a gr8 chappie c y it's hard to write, but u had me lost... i no it's ur point to confuse peeps, n it worked.

update soon i haev a feelin wen it's all up it'll make more sense... gr8 job on writin such a complex chappie
Anjirika chapter 5 . 12/17/2004
I am so confused- but I am loving it _ Can't wait till the next chapter
Wesfan1234 chapter 5 . 12/17/2004
This is getting so spooky! One of the spookiest I've read. I don't blame Wes for not wanting to go down in the basement. And the other girl? Interesting addition. I want to see where you are going with that. Is Lilah going to pop up at some point? Poor Fred though. I hope she won't think that Wes betrayed her for too long.
lightning bug chapter 5 . 12/17/2004
I had to go back and read all the other chapters, because I really had no idea what was going on.

Good chapter; very intense. I can see why it gave you a hard time writing. I hope the next chapter is easier!

By the way, can you throw us Fresley fans some fluff in at some point? Dream sequence, cheesy ending, however you can fit it in.
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »