Reviews for The Bargain
stagepageandscreen chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
I love both Sharpe and Les Mis. Great to see a crossover out there! :D
Mme Bahorel chapter 1 . 4/6/2009
This is fantastic! Especially because I hear Daragh's voice in Harper's line :)

Thank god FFN created this crossover feature or I never would have found this fic!
teh blumchenkinder chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
fangirl:

omg. dood. omfg. o-o

I love you.

I've read both of these... although, not all of the Sharpe series- three-fourths of them, or more.

;_; It's so comforting to know that there's a crossover a'twix the 'rough and tumble, gritty historical War genre' and the 'quintessentially theatre/"girly"' book that is Les Miz. Seriously. I mean, what theater nerd or girl reads actual war-fiction... and what war-fiction geek/nerd reads historical, histrionic drama that is The Miserables? Aside from complete history geeks? Ones utterly given over to their nerd-dom... I mean, who *knows* Les Miz exists other than theater peeps... and more rarely (and rarefied-ly) history buffs?

*cough* /fangirl erm... sorry. Just, so demmed thrilled to find someone else to have slogged through everything; and obviously enjoyed both enough to do this! Yay! I know I've scared you by being incoherent... but on to the review, neh?

I like how you meshed the two writing styles and jargons- it feels like camera angles. I can literally remember where I was when reading the books, from one phrase to the next... and yet it's yours. It's like different types of media, put together on a canvas...

You even got the French gab right. And the way you slight-of-handed in the "translation" immediately after... I wish more people would do that. It can be so darn awkward.

Arg-poor Sharpe... literally! -

I think I'll peek at your other offerings, yes?
AmZ chapter 1 . 6/30/2005
Heh heh. Well, I don't know who Sharpe is, but it's nice to see two thieves trying to pull a fast one on each other.
Argentine Rose chapter 1 . 9/6/2004