Reviews for Macbeth
Jia chapter 7 . 10/21/2015
I loved it when Malfoy was annoying Hermione to get her attention. It was hilarious. The last bit was a little intense.
Maria chapter 27 . 10/11/2015
I wanted some kissing between Draco and Hermione at the end
Anon chapter 27 . 10/2/2015
Hauntingly beautiful. I adored every last word!
ladymacbeth chapter 27 . 9/28/2015
asdf dead okay your fics are all I've been reading for a couple weeks and this is the lAST ONE CRIES THESE ARE LIFE OMFG I've been introducing a ton of friends to you and they're like all dying and asdf thank you for writing this ily
Nuama chapter 2 . 7/24/2015
I love this! It's such a grea idea. Similar to you, I fell in love with the play when I read it in school and I am so glad to have found this on accident. I've only read the first chapter but I love that you added in info about the themes and that it isn't just some half-baked fic like many of the romeo/juliet ones are that you mentioned... it's very well done.
Guest chapter 20 . 7/21/2015
I really believe you captured the angst, the agony perfectly. You portrayed the human nature when it meets something and they can't do something about it- in this case, the result is madness, one of the defense mechanisms that the brain uses. I also believe you depicted human emotions as it comes to love and war. You really made the feeling of Macbeth come alive. I had great pleasure of reading this fic. Thank you.
Monseiur Iago chapter 27 . 7/13/2015
THAT was the most amazing Shakespeare-based fanfic about Harry Potter I've ever stumbled upon. Yes, you've read that right, I only stumbled upon it. I was looking for long Dramione fics to pass time before school starts, and then there was this story called "Macbeth"... Intrigued, I checked it out. Hey, it's 27 chapters. Long enough for me.

Best decision ever.

I love how you maintain an air of romance and attraction between the two main characters without actually, explicitly stating it at any point of the story. Or, 98% of it at least.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to spot any of the Macbeth quotes, except the really obvious one. The reason for this is that the only Shakespearean play I've ever performed in is Midnight Summer's Dream. (I played as Puck, a.k.a. Robin Goodfellow.) I know, that's depressing. Most of my productions are contemporaries, e.g Oliver! (Fagin), Wizard of Oz (The Mayor of the Munchkins [I find their name to be adorable, honestly.]), Beauty and the Beast (Lumiere [That accent gave me huge headaches during the early stages of rehearsal.]), Lion King (Timon), etc.

So yeah, Classicals sometimes bore me, some times they make me forget all about reality and tempt my parents to call the nearest mental hospitals. Actually, that happens to me with all books, especially Rick Riordan's ones. Wait, am I rambling again? Sorry, tend to be talkative when it comes to things that interest me, and story sure does, partly cause of Shakespeare, partly cause the (relatively) main theme is the theater, and mainly cause of the DHr ship.

I also love how you give readers a pre-plot interest in the fic with all those long, and exceedingly hilarious, A/Ns.

Another point of praise (Hey, I'm not your Dad. Or wait, was the forbidden word proud?...) is that you were able to manipulate the characters' words and thoughts to portray them in many more ways than one, most evidently in Draco. At times, we see him as the prejudiced, arrogant, aristocratic old Malfoy that we followed throughout the original HP series. At others, we see a completely different character, one that is loving and caring, yet needs broken down to a sub-human level of thinking and sanity brought on by the conflicting philosophies that he is exposed to throughout his life, the DE's on one side, the rest of the Wizarding World on the other.

That level of complexity in the characters' natures are very characteristic of Shakespeare, and I commend you achieving almost the same level of mastery in the inricate world of storytelling as he.

Alright, this review has gone far enough, partly due to the fact that I'm using a computer, not my mobile. Hence I'm more dedicated to stretching my fingers in the pursuit of expressing my thoughts as beautifully and truthfully as possible. My brain has something against iPhones.

So that's it, and I'd love to read all of your other stories, so if you would please suggest to me which one I'd do first. Thanks!

P.S.: Due to the level of maturity that I have observed in the contents and style of writing in the Author's Notes, I have inferred with a high degree of positivism that you have graduated, or at least in the upper years of High School. Hence I cannot refrain from asking: survival tips, please? I'm getting into a science H.S. this 20th and I'm really nervous about it, partly because it's a SCIENCE high school, and mainly cause it's a boarding school, so no parents for the most while. It may sound attractive (;D) but I've had tons of overseas immersions without parents already, and it can get pretty homesick-y. So survival tips please! Thanks!
jewelsky11 chapter 7 . 7/9/2015
I really like this story. I'm currently in a production of Macbeth, and I've read the play before and after text analysis and paraphrasing I've got a completely different impression from the text, so I'm curious: do you get the impression that McB and Lady M don't love each other and that they are simply evil, or did you only give Hermione that view as a plot device? If you do get that impression from the text, I would love to discuss it sometime. If you're also interested in such a discussion, PM me!
jewelsky11
Guest chapter 27 . 7/6/2015
I really love this fic! Too bad they only kissed one time but the way you wrote this fiction was outstanding! You really made me become interested in shakespeare, so i'll get onto that! Thanks xo
Swymuh chapter 27 . 7/2/2015
I want to say a lot of things but I'd be rambling so I'll just stick with WOW - and I know that doesn't even give it justice. I think it's a little anti-climatic at the end but maybe it's just me; I love it all the same, anyway. Good job.:))
Muffliato22 chapter 27 . 6/5/2015
This is by far, the greatest, most beautiful and heart throbbing story I've ever read. I couldn't stop reading. Absolutely wonderful!
Impressed chapter 27 . 5/31/2015
I don't know if you will ever read this but anyway:
I really adored this story! You are so talented, combining Harry Potter and Macbeth. I bow before you! :D
Best wishes :)
Guest chapter 27 . 5/10/2015
THIS WAS AWESOME AND I NEVER WANTED IT TO END AND THIS WAS GREAT OKAY OKAY OKAY
A huge fan chapter 3 . 5/7/2015
It's so funny, because we're doing Macbeth and reading this along it makes it so much more interesting!
Martisz chapter 27 . 5/4/2015
Incredible, complex, wonderfull. The one scene from Draco's point of view was great. Love it!
2,484 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »