Reviews for The Eagle Silmarillion
willowswelt chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
"I think this Feanor needs to get his priorities straight." Truer words have never been spoken.

I enjoyed reading your story, good pacing, humour (The Magpie One) and IMHO an IC Glorfindel.

I liked Thorondors little mishaps.

Great that you are back! Looking forward to more stories.
shine lots chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
There's a lot of fun to be had with this eagle humour.

"I hope the Empty Space where [Feanor] now sits is full of unpleasant buffeting winds!"

"Doesn't Manwe take a long-range view?"

"It was a good place for nesting."

Haha! You are SUCH a good author, are you a writer in real life? Well, anyway, your skill is outstanding. You should publish original short stories for money at least.
vapanalley chapter 1 . 2/24/2011
Still loving how canon this is! Quirky eagle humor is much appreciated, especially considering how serious people tend to take this. A nice balance between amusing and thoughtful. The ambiguity of the eagle and the Elf work in your favor because it gives the two characters are sharper definition through their actions and their words. But yeah, the "going-back-to-Middle-Earth" thing and the summary gave it away anyhow. :) Still really nice. And the commas! Have to love the commas. Such a great fic!
CaelumBlue chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
Glorfindel. Thorondor. Bonding. Eagle humor. Thorondor's love of being the Deus ex Machina. Thorondor's guilt at failing to be the Deus ex Machina. Seagulls and their lack of majestic wingspan. THE MAGPIE ONE.

This is brilliant. XD
Laurenke1 chapter 1 . 3/25/2008
I loved it. It was very funny and cute

Lauren
Sai chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
"You must remember the Magpie One." The Eagle tilted his his head back. "The one dressed in black, who stole your shiny things."

Hahaha! That's great!

:D
6336 chapter 1 . 5/6/2007
Hm, intersting answer to the question, I can see where Manwe could be a little disapointed in Thronodor(sp?), showmanship is oLyndane thing but lets get the job done, eh!
The Battling Bard chapter 1 . 9/8/2006
I can't quite decide of this is humour or not; it seems pretty funny to me. As for the 'mystery' of how Glorfindel got to Middle-earth- The only two scenarios considered were 1) Glorfindel sails on the order of Manwe in the Second Age to aid Gil-galad and Elrond in the war against Sauron or 2) He sailed in the Third Age on the order of Manwe to Middle-earth as a companion of Gandalf.

The operative word in both these scenerios is 'sailed'.

As for the question of why Manwe chose Glorfindel to travel back to Middle-earth- why was Earendel the only man to set foot on Valinor when Amandil was killed on an equally noble mission? Why was Tuor chosen as Ulmo's voice to Turgon? Why is the spirit of Turin going to be the one to slay Morgorth, and why is he counted among the sons of the Valar?- there were certainly people who had suffered as much as him at Morgorth's hands. The answer; they were special.

It seems lost on me as to why fanfic writers insist on using Thorondor and the eagles as a glorified taxi service. And again, the wording seems a little too modern- I would suggest reading some stories by Ellfine and The Quell. Both these writers employ suitable language for Silmarillion fanfiction, without making it pretentious.

I would consider having a good long look through 'The People of Middle-earth'- 'Of Glorfindel, Cirdan And Other Matters.' before writing another Glorfindel fic and citing false things as fact.
aloofelf chapter 1 . 2/16/2005
XD Love your portrayal of Thorondor! Poor Glorfi wanted to stay in Valinor. Trip via Eagle-back. It really makes you wonder how far apart Valinor and Middle Earth are. It probably isn't as far as people think... Fingolfin could after all see the burning ships from afar and it didn't take Feanor long to get across. Great story at any case!
satismagic chapter 1 . 9/28/2004
Hello there!

This one of the best LOTR/Silmarillion stories I have ever read. It is really beautifully written and highly original. I absolutely love it.

It made me even dream of Glorfindel!
Illidan chapter 1 . 9/25/2004
Nice, Nice, Nice :)

I like it. Nice humor, makes sense, simple, easy to understand.

Good job :)
Earwen of Alqualonde chapter 1 . 9/20/2004
That was bloody brilliant and wonderfully hilarious! I absolutely love the part about Melkor being a Magpie...and the image of him carrying away "shiny things" left me in stitches...Thanks for writing this..it was lovely...first class entertainment.
erunyauve chapter 1 . 9/11/2004
I enjoyed this as much the second time around. I love the mannerisms of your eagle - very majestic and realistic.
Itarille chapter 1 . 9/8/2004
I love this. 'Magpie One' is brilliant. You sure know how to pack a lot of humour into a short fic.
alcyone chapter 1 . 9/8/2004
Am I the first reviewer? Well, I don't have much to say, except that I really liked the balance between light humor and seriousness in this story. Thorondor calling Morgoth the Magpie One, hee. Perhaps it's better than he missed catching Glorfindel, no doubt all his glorious hair would have been burnt off. :) Although I can't figure out who the other blond elf is, if it's not Finrod.