Reviews for The Courtship of Lady Tokio
Plasmolysed Cell Membrane chapter 35 . 5/13
I know I'm a little late to the party, but I just wanted to thank you for writing such an amazing fic. I feel a little like Saitou right now, trying to reply to Tokio's letters, not knowing what to say. In this case, to you to let you know how impressed I am, and how much I loved what you've written.

I'm kinda glad that I only read your story now that it's complete because I don't think I could have handled waiting chapter by chapter for the story to develop. Thank you for all the effort you put in to research this and the consideration of the character development, I imagine it could not have been easy at all with so many characters to work on and to make sure no one goes OOC. But you did them all justice and it was a pleasure getting to know them along the way, even if at the end we know historically who's going to make it and who isn't... still, they were worth knowing ;)

Thank you for taking me on this journey, and I hope maybe one day you'll continue writing again! I look forward to more. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 10/26/2019
Stunning! Striking! Incredible! I mean... your fanfic is completely perfect! It's a shame that I can't find any world to describe my feeling when reading your works. Please write more or publish this fiction. Thank you a billion for sharing. The problem is, after reading this one, I cannot read other fanfics :-/.
hatakerach chapter 1 . 12/11/2018
This story is amazing, I'm a sucker for any historical fiction and yours is by far the best I've ever read, I hope you're still writing, you have an amazing gift, thank you for sharing this!
Kumi Kinomoto chapter 35 . 10/16/2018
Hola, leí tu historia y estuve tan entretenida con ella que la completé en unos pocos días, el traductor no es muy bueno pero entendía lo esencial de la historia, es muy hermosa la historia de Hajime y Tokio, realmente sienten un verdadero amor que sobrepasó los años y las cruentas circunstancias, me gusta como Saito sigue siendo él mismo delante de Tokio pero, evidentemente, es cariñoso con ella, me dije, me a gustado muchísimo tu historia pues fue hermosa y de verdad se sintió mucha tristeza por los amigos y seres queridos que iban muriendo, pero ellos sobrevivieron así como su amor

Gracias por compartirnos una bella historia
Teej chapter 35 . 8/27/2018
Like several other people have already mentioned. I have been finding it hard to comment here. This story is everything I could have hoped for in a RK fic feature Saito and how he could have met his wife Tokio. The vein of history and the slow burn of their relationship for such a long amount of time was simply wonderful! I know its been a long time since you have written anything, but please know its still deeply appreciated and loved!
VengeanceMeow chapter 1 . 7/8/2017
I know that this was written several years ago, but in case you are still reading reviews I just wanted to let you know how very much I enjoyed reading it. I truly loved learning more about this period in Japanese history, and the way you weaved the fictional narrative with your research was masterful. Thank you so much for creating and sharing this story!
lhamalhama chapter 35 . 7/4/2017
I've spent days trying to formulate what i was going to write here.
After all, 35 chapters and a LOT of tears later i finished this story and now i feel kinda lost.
But don't get me wrong, i'm really happy with the ending. I'm really happy with everything, all the saga that we've been through hahaha.

What i can say to you it's that i could never be prepared for this fic, that i have never (NEVER) cried while reading anything and that you possess an amazing gift. I hope that you consider being a writer, as in a profissional writer that makes a living out of it, or that you're already one :) Because you moved me with this story, you really did.

I've found this fic only now, 5 years after you posted the last chapter. After reading a LOT of SaitouxTokio fics i can easely say that this one's my favorite.
I'm sad to see that you've only posted 2 fics and that you've been MIA since 2012, but i'm hoping for your return.

Thanks for all the feelings that you allowed me to feel through your words.
FallenAngelItachi chapter 19 . 4/19/2017
Okay, I can't stop reading this, it's ridiculous. My heart beat so fast some moments there, I thought it made up for lost time when it stopped at some plot points. Also, I have to say this now lest I forget: the saddest line I have ever seen written about this fandom you wrote it and delivered it by mouth of Okita. To see a young man of 21 say so happily he wouldn't live much longer was heart wrenching and I applaud you for making me so sad. Not many people have that ability. It was a sentence that really struck a chord with me.
I love this pairing; I love your writing; I love your knowledge of the history and how you give us such a realistic account of what could have happened between them.
By the way, I literally squealed like a school girl when Kohana came running for him and she just, just said that. I was laughing and being embarrassed for Tokio at the same time. Same for Saitou to do that to her, throw her jealousy at her face, but it was like him.
I just love your interpretation so much; I adore it. I am sure to finish it by tomorrow (I began reading yesterday and I work and write just so you know). You have me completely hooked. I'll keep reading this wonderful fic and review when I stop next. Thank you for the amazing piece so far.
DGMSilverAirHead03 chapter 35 . 10/18/2016
This was one of the best stories I've read for Saitou and his wife! I enjoyed it immensely!
noukinav018 chapter 35 . 3/29/2016
I've read stories from this section, and yours really is mind boggling, amazing, stunning, breath taking. I laughed, I cried, I felt the desperation or the helplessness in the middle of all the drama.
I absolutely love long chapters and I thank you very much for those side notes. It was very important that you actually specified facts from pure creative license. I was doing some extra reading as I was going through the chapters. The historical accuracy, the character of Saitou Hajime and how you juggle with the rest of people involved was great too. Not only the Wolf of Mibu was your main character, it was not out of character... Not even for those complicated situations. You bent the character as it was possible and it was not far-fetched.
Talking about them, I find that Shinomori is another interesting character besides Saitou from the manga that is not easy portrait either. These two are tricky to get. Between the icicle and the lone Wolf a writer may be sweating to make it believable.
For people who are not entirely familiar with Japanese culture and history the notes do help as well. It's an impressive piece and I am very happy that you shared it. Oh my I see there's a sequel in progress. I sincerely hope you continue with it and make a success such as this one here. My goodness! The next part would go with rurouni timeline then!
Well, I like how you let us see a bit of Kenshin when he was in Battousai mode and then that progressive change in him. This makes it easier to grasp the reason of his unwavering regret/guilt and change. The reason of Hiko's warnings too. He was too young and with a group that did not truly match his ideals in the end. It almost utterly destroyed him. It also let's us see different points of view in the middle of the chaos...Good intentions spread in the middle of different bands, some people used as pawns, others just wanting power and etc.
Of the Shinsengumi I must say I really liked your way of putting Okita on the scenes. Pity he did not live long to see his friend and comrade marry. The parts where you made Saitou and Okita be a headache gave me some laughter attacks Nicely done.
I feel that can be a problem when writing RK fics... Understanding that background is one thing, but explaining thoroughly when you write your story makes it just awesome.
Do keep writing !
L. Casablanca chapter 35 . 6/1/2015
I wept so much during this fic. Even though I knew what was coming, as the Shinsengumi kept dying I just couldn't help but tear up. Especially Okita, why did he have to die like that? T_T Anyway, I spent my weekend reading this when I could, and even my boyfriend is invested on Tokio and Saitou's relationship (which is funny because he doesn't like to read and I will have to remember 30 chapters and historical facts to tell him later). I truly loved this fic. I love the way you write character's interactions, and the way you write scenes that are sad so they are moving but not dramatic. Also, kudos for your perseverance- eight years! It was truly worth the effort. Cheers and all the best!
L. Casablanca chapter 10 . 5/30/2015
OMG, I have to review, even though this fic was published ages ago. This chapter broke my heart. I stayed long into the night to read, and thankfully decided to go to sleep before the letters started, because when I was reading Tokio's letters, I was wondering 'how can he not fall in love with her after this?'. And then... when she breaks off contact because she's getting married...oh, that's so sad! There's so much emotion in both of them and so many things they cannot say, my heart truly broke for them. Truly, that scene killed me. The absence of drama and the heaviness of their situations and feelings really gets me. T_T If I didn't know they'll eventually get together, I'll stop reading, because it's just so sad.

"They're only tears, Tokio-san, let them spill." - me, weeping very hard T_T
ChildlikeEmpress chapter 35 . 5/20/2015
This was glorious...thank you so much for all the time and effort you took in writing it. :)
anonymous-personality000 chapter 2 . 5/8/2015
SO AWESOME~! It's amazing how you incorporated many historical events and how you manipulated the plot well according to the main characters itself!
Revellyn chapter 35 . 1/19/2015
I enjoyed it all! Absorbing the atmosphere behind the culture and the turbulent times, the feral loyalty and the almost heartbreakingly sweet love story that rose from the ashes. I'm thankful for the varied cast members, each with their own history and characteristics. Definitely deserves to be on my favourites. You are a wonderful author!