Reviews for The Courtship of Lady Tokio
Dazed Blue chapter 29 . 5/31/2014
All this history regarding Japan's politics and events makes me wonder why I didn't learn any of this in world history. And I took it this year, omggg. I'm learning so much and it's so hard to intake it all! I give you massive props. You're such a great fanfiction writer and an unintentional world history teacher. It makes me sad that Japan's strife was neglected in my world history book until Matthew Perry came into the picture and then was Japan really illustrated. Sighh.
Anyway, I sincerely enjoy every chapter I've read. Also, it brings me great enjoyment whenever Tokio mentions Aioi Tayu; I can imagine Saitou's discreet guilt. Haaaa.
Anywayanyway, this is the best work I've read so far for Saitou and Tokio with the heavy packed research you put into this, it'a amazing! I've realized just how historically accurate the shinsengumi is portrayed and it's a bit heart wrenching when imaging this all happening in the past. Either way, you have my utmost respect and regards for your amazingamazingandsowelldone efforts(:
Dazed Blue chapter 10 . 5/30/2014
This is beautiful; so beautiful.
xieloinfehrnurom chapter 35 . 5/25/2014
I am at a loss of words on how much I loooove this story! Thank you, thank you very much for this awesome piece. The amount of history in it, OMG it's amazing. All the feeeeellllssss! I love the relationship of the Shinsengumi boys. It was very fun, with all the teasing and bickering and all. It hurts a lot reading about how they ended. And of course, the SaitouxTokio love! 3 I've been a fan of this pairing for the longest time, I'm so glad I came across this work. I spent most of my waking hours in the past three days reading this. It's addicting, hehe.

Again, thank you very much! I hope you write more! :)
Aki no hikari chapter 35 . 3/8/2014
I just went through the entire fic in one sitting, you've pulled your readers through a wide range of emotions and I really enjoyed being able to experience this story. Thank you for your work. おつかれさまでした。
Sue C chapter 35 . 1/19/2014
I've finally finished reading this fic! _ What with staying up a bit later and sneaking in chapters between work. This should be enough to let you know how much I enjoyed this fic. So glad to get to the end and I'm happy with the way this story flowed. You are a very good writer and I thoroughly enjoyed weaving in the Japanese history bits. I gain a little more knowledge everyday.

I do miss Okita very much as well. I've read quite a few fics in which he has been "resurrected". But since he kinda died in yours for real, guess that isn't possible. Anyway, yours follows the historical elements so it makes more sense that way. I do hope you continue writing. And I've gone to peep at the dousjinshi based on your fic and found it absolutely brilliant! I do hope it will see through the end. Understand you are busy [real life takes a toll on one :(] but keep up the good spirits and I hope to read more from you!

Thank you for the lovely read!
HoshisamaValmor chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
Thanks to a piece you wrote about the use of the expression 'I love you' in Japanese, that was shared by amie689 and thanks to her redirecting, I found your fanfic. First of all, I'm impressed by the dedication you and your readers have built on this for over so many years, to the point of writing for 8 years, having a sequel in the making and even a doushinji. For all these reasons, I am overwhelmed as it is, even without reading it.
It's been a long time since I've been properly on this site, and my time and/or will to read hás become scarily little, but I am really impressed and interested in your work, and as such, I will definately read it starting today. It might also work as a way to help pass the time until the new live action movies are released! :)
Thanks for writing something as inspiring as this!
TheMaudlinEffect chapter 35 . 11/24/2013
I finished reading this last night.. or was it this morning... at 5 o clock.
It was so ... perfectly written- you didn't use excessively overzealous words or descriptions... it was crisp yet woven with vivid imagery. You captured the essence of bushido perfectly.
I've never cried so much while reading. The tragic fate of the Shinsengumi- dead or alive, moved me. I truly cried when I read how Okita, Kondou and Yamanami met their ends.
Amazingly written.
crazyfan17 chapter 35 . 10/24/2013
this story was AWESOME! I love the history, the plot and of course the characters. OKITA FTW! :D
ImperialGuard202 chapter 35 . 8/31/2013
FINALLY! I finished this story! Oh and before I forget. (bows deeply) you my dear are a gifted and dedicated writer. It was on a whim that I decided to look up some Saitou and Tokio fan fiction and i can't express how fortunate I feel to find this story. I can't help but admire you and the effort you put into intertwining the real life history of the Bakumatsu, RK fiction, and you own. I thought how you handled Saitou's first wedding masterly. I also loved how you portrayed everyone's character, Harada, Okita, and Sagawa were hilarious Follies to Saitou. to answer a question you posted in one of your AN (i think maybe six?) about Saitou's character and his treatment of sagara sanosuke; Saitou Strikes me as some one who is both pragmatic about his job and how he carries out his missions, thus iswhy he tell our street fighter to stay in Tokyo because he really thinks Sanosuke really will only be a nuisance. But Saitou has his on unique form of caring, something like tough love, which is why when he acknowledges that Sanosuke is going to Kyoto no matter what he gave him advise so he could survive the coming fight (I hoped I made sense). and I think you captured that perfectly.
I also appreciate all the Authors notes on Japanese customs and the actual events and can safely tell you that because of this story I have a interest in this brief period of Japanese history (i'm currently looking up books in English about the Bakumatsu; it harder than i thought 0.o...). It's also because of this story i have a new appreciation of this couple and I wish we saw stuff like this in the anime or manga. So now I'm off to find more work of yours.

Sincerely from the U.S. thanks for the story (gives a final bow)
AbsintheSpoon3 chapter 35 . 8/10/2013
enjoyed this journey very much. tears and all.
Guest chapter 19 . 5/23/2013
The slipper is a kaze hikaru reference?
I remember that chapter
time2read chapter 35 . 5/13/2013
OMG this story is amaazzzziing not joking! so I was searching fanfic for a good saito story and found yours. You will not believe how awesome it isand it makes so much sense! You perfectly captured saito and tokio! Only a tokio of your description could love the awesome wolf saito is!
time2read chapter 5 . 5/10/2013
Great Ch!
katsuki chapter 35 . 5/1/2013
Oh good lord! I have finish reading your fanfic, this fanfic!
I have been re-read for few times already and i also read your doujin related to this fanfic. I must say that this is the closest and the real story of hajime-tokio life which it always bring me joys to read it again and again even though about the part that telling about yaso-chan, it always gives me the pang in my heart. I really know how tokio feel at that time and thank god for your remarkable talent on writting that you cease my hatred towards cheaters, you made saito is a forgivable men even i tried to reason myself that it still called as a cheat. Out of missunderstanding or not
Oh and i will next move to this fanfic's sequel! ( kanpaaai!)
I hope you do telling the readers about tokio's pregnant wirh their first child ( i search in google about the life of real life saito-tokio that they do have 3 sons and i hope you can potray them) what will it be when their house filled with boys footsteps running around, play with the others...like a pack of family wolf, and the son will be their puppy how cute...too cute...
AMFW chapter 35 . 4/24/2013
I've been struggling to put into words my feelings about this story. It is by far the best story I have ever read. Between all the different anime pairings I've read over the years, a few romance novels that were actually printed book, etc– this one here is the best I have ever indeed read. Saito Hajime had started to be an intriguing character for me when I found out he was an actual historical figure. I couldn't get enough after that. While this is the only Tokio/Saito fiction I have ever read, I don't want to look any further because I know this is the best one. And it's the best one because it matches up with actual historical events and the way you interpreted their story is utterly amazing. Things were quite dramatic in some scenes, and others very sad. But through it all, Saito remained true to his convictions like always. His blunder of epic proportions was most unfortunate, and me finding out he had another wife before Tokio, historically, it was unsettling! I usually listen to music while I read and while I read this, the two songs that fit most to the mood (especially the bath scene and all other impending doom scenes in later chapters) was "Diamond Heart (Man Without Country Remix)" and "Sunrise (Man Without Country Remix)". Sometimes "Outro" by M83 also fit some scenes. And sometimes even "DNA Bank" by Freelance Whales fit other scenes. It was such a beautiful, exciting story that I have already read twice and I plan on reading again and again. Thank you so much for writing this, I hope it becomes a movie one day.
626 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »