Reviews for Reckoning
emmy2710 chapter 1 . 3/11
Amazing!
Miluiel Gamgee chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
I like died. This was amazing.
Gwen Eruanna chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
I'm glad it never came to that. I was as floored as Merry when he said Frodo would have sacrificed himself for them. Some say Aragorn is like Jesus, but I think Frodo is the real Christ-like character—giving up so much, and all.
The ending was immensely satisfying. I felt for Merry, right there *points to heart*.
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
Very moving.
EterPuralis chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
I half thought you were Tolkien reborn. You wrote them well.
andaere chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
This is utterly amazing. Your writing has a grace like no other! I loved the hobbits finding out that Frodo intented for himself to be a sacrifice (the first time I read that, I was very shocked!). The description of Frodo turning his eyes to the stars and becoming a being not of this world is truly breathtaking. I can see it so clearly in my mind's eye. Also, I love the history of the clock, and the end, when Merry decides to keep it.

I didn't exactly understand everything (like why exactly Frodo went to the West, and what Merry witnessed when Frodo gave up "the last bit of his heart"), but your writing was so lyrical and beautiful that I didn't mind. :) Thanks for sharing this.
Sky aka Skandragon Blackheart chapter 1 . 10/3/2007
So beautiful!
Lividun chapter 1 . 10/8/2004
That was so amazingly sweet! Beautiful. And I never knew that bit about Tolkien's letters. I always love reading really angsty hobbit stories and I like psychological questions in my reading, as well, but I hardly ever find both at once. Your story is a thing of beauty and I am glad I had the chance to be able to read it.
Trust No One chapter 1 . 9/9/2004
Glad you posted this here as well. You know the effect this has on me, how much I love it, and it's not because of the dedication...only, though I do swell with pride everytime I see it. Without fail, my stomach knots and my heart twists and I know that no matter how many times I read it, it will be the same.
my-fool-of-a-took chapter 1 . 9/9/2004
wow. how emotional. its very deep, but i really loved it. this bit:

“I think that’s quite enough,
cuthalion chapter 1 . 9/8/2004
I'm not sure, but I think I told you in your LJ how much I love and adore this story; it is deep, haunting, very, very true and painful... and, what's even more important, it is absolutely revealing. You made me fully "understand" when I read this for the first time, and you made me weep, but not only tears of convulsion, but also of understanding. This is a hartbreaking catharsis, and I love it.

And I will translate it, of course. I'm terribly sorry for being so slow.

*hugs* Mona
heartofahobbit chapter 1 . 9/8/2004
What a beautiful portrayal of the loving relationship that Merry, for all his angst, harbored for his Cousin. I have always thought that Sam, in his no nonsense, pragmatic way, understood the "real" Frodo...I am happy to see that you agree! Pippin's suggestion that Frodo should have claimed the ring took me by surprise...as did the fact that Sam did not flatten the fool of a Took that second!Wonderful premise, terrific transitions between time frames...very emotional and thought provoking...thank you for your beautiful words and images...