Reviews for One Day, One Night, One Afternoon
Brenda chapter 19 . 6/29
I'm not usually one who enjoys stories with cheating or adultery. This story was quite different though. The way you portray it you can see how Letty got involved in her affair. And you really explore what it means to love someone and how infidelity can destroy a relationship. Doms repeated infidelity and lettys deeper love for another man. Quite an emotional punch.

It's not too late to write more...
Guest chapter 8 . 11/17/2014
It seems that Dom only stopped cheating after Letty was missing for six months. I have to wonder, if the heist had gone off ok, if he would have been back to his cheating ways...?
Guest chapter 5 . 6/5/2014
Wish you would write more like this!
Guest chapter 11 . 2/26/2014
I agree that they all totally deserve to be angry at Letty to staying away for MONTHS! and for two months not letting them know she was ok. That is unbelievably hurtful of her.

Frankly-I am less concerned with Vince's anger. As Letty says, Vince was always on Dom's side-even when Dom cheated. I don't care if Vince is pissed at Letty, that he can't trust Letty. What has Vince done to earn Letty's trust? covered up for Dom cheating? brushed it under the rug. How come Letty doesn't deserve a little respect from the guys on her team?

But Leon is a good guy and didn't deserve to think he'd killed Letty by leaving her. that's not ok! and I'm glad he calls her on it. I'm glad he separates out her cheating with her leaving them.
Guest chapter 9 . 2/26/2014
"I guess this is one of those things we are going to have to work through, huh?"

that one line, from Dom, shows that he still wants to work through this, that despite his hurt and anger, he is willing to work on their relationship!
Guest chapter 8 . 2/26/2014
I don't have enough words for how great this chapter was. I love Dom's desperation. I love that Letty's doesn't fully trust his words because he's said them so often in the past. and I love that he knows she doesn't fully trust him-and its all his fault. You do such a good job of writing it, I can feel the tension!

Near the end... when Letty says "He's never said those words" I hope you don't mean "I love you"!?

And I'm glad you make it clear that Dom cleaned up his cheating ways BEFORE he found out about Letty cheating. It wasn't in response to her cheating but because he knew he had to clean up his act. It think of it as karma that because he didn't respect or treat Letty right for all those years, he now has to deal with the fact that she fell in love with someone else.
Guest chapter 6 . 2/26/2014
OH MY GOSH! Even better chapter! Dom saying that it had never occurred to him that Letty would (could) leave! cocky-ass bastard! and then she calls him on it. And he is right, even if she did keep coming back to him, it doesn't mean that she won't leave him again.

Dom has to live with the fact that it was HIS sleeping around and cheating on Letty (with girls who didn't mean anything to him) that put her in the situation to not only cheat but to fall in love with another guy. The whole situation was on HIM! But for his cheating, she never would have stepped out and met Jim, and fallen in love. This is something Dom will have to live with forever. Its a hard lesson, but one long in coming for Dom.
They will never be "even" as she puts it-and he knows it!

And frankly, I am tired of the guy always saying "it meant nothing" when they cheat. It did mean something, if not to Dom, then it meant something to Letty-and it shows a complete lack of respect for her (the woman he supposedly loved) to cheat on her cont
Guest chapter 5 . 2/26/2014
The last few paragraphs here were amazing! I love that you have this Dom, this one who has grown up in the past year, trying desperately to deal with the fact that Letty had cheated on him. Not only cheated, but for a long time and was probably in love with the guy. What a blow to him and a challenge for his new found maturity. I love that you have him say that he doesn't deserve to be angry given what he'd done to Letty in the past. But when she says "you do" it makes it clear to him that he deserves to be angry with her, just like she had been angry with him all those times. I guess he finally gets to feel what she felt. And the very last line-where he realizes that for her it was about more than just screwing a guy-is fantastic! The insight is definitely a more mature Dom...
Guest chapter 4 . 2/26/2014
I love how shocked Mia was when she found out about Jim and Letty. I don't blame her at all, but I don't like the fact that Mia knew about Dom cheating for years and we get no sense that she berated Dom for it...
Guest chapter 2 . 2/26/2014
Fantastic piece! Love that for a change it is Dom who has to deal with Letty having another guy on the side-and not just a guy she slept with, but one she grew to love. What a blow to Dom's ego! (One, frankly, that he deserves for his childish man-whore behavior and particularly for disrespecting her time and time again by cheating on her.) I also like that you don't just have Letty sleep around to get back at Dom, but that for her it is more about finding a meaningful relationship since Dom clearly couldn't give her that. It's still cheating (!) but it makes more sense to the reader than if she went out a fucked a bunch of guys.

You do such a good job of walking us through Dom's reaction (and the whole team's reaction) as he figures out that she had been with Jim for such a long time. I love that you have Letty call the rest of the team out for the double standard that let them think that Dom cheating on her (repeatedly) was nothing, but for them to be devastated when they find out she cheated.

finally, a piece in which BOTH Dom and Letty have to overcome prior cheating if they want to get back together. For Dom it is a lesson he needed to have. He took Letty for granted (for years) and when he finally, finally matures a bit, he's forced to confront the fact that she had (past tense, had) been cheating on him. And if he wants to be mature and loving, he HAS to forgive her. I love that it's not all "Well, I've finally gotten past my whoring around phase and am ready to be a man for Letty, she should be so happy that I'm ready for her now". Now HE has to deal with the sense of betrayal from her. And you write how much he understand that he has a double standard applying it to him vs. her. He recognizes it and its still so hard for him to deal! Damn straight!

I usually don't like the whole everyone cheating stories, but this one was so well written and made sense in the context, that it was great.

I hope you write more!
GrudgeHolder chapter 19 . 2/21/2010
That was absolutely fantastic. Yay time i've ever reviewed all chap. of a story. Just that good. So thanks for entertaining me.
GrudgeHolder chapter 18 . 2/21/2010
So glad they're working things out. Maybe this way they can find their way back to each other.
GrudgeHolder chapter 17 . 2/21/2010
This just show how lovable my girl Letty is. The love of two very hot,sexy men.
GrudgeHolder chapter 16 . 2/21/2010
I would not like to be in Letty's shoes right now. Man having to chose betw. Dom and Jim. Poor Letty. lol
GrudgeHolder chapter 15 . 2/21/2010
I like that little flashback with Letty and her dad. Thanks