Reviews for In Aragorn's Safekeeping
Larner chapter 15 . 9/9/2005
Ah, the fight and then the death of Boromir was well done indeed. And loved the riding lesson.
Larner chapter 14 . 9/9/2005
Interesting to see the Nazgul on the fell beast from Thomas's point of view; and it was good to see Rebecca's reprieve at Gandalf's hands. She will do well with him! Rebecca in Fangorn Forest while Thomas follows the three hunters to him? Interesting!
Larner chapter 13 . 9/9/2005
Am eager to see what Rebecca does, whether she will stay in Lorien or come after them in one way or another.

As for what will happen in the breaking of the Fellowship-that will be interesting also to see.
Larner chapter 12 . 9/9/2005
It's nice to see the relationship growing between the two of them, as well as their growing relationships with the rest. I rather wish I were seeing a bit more of the personalities of the Hobbits-you seem to have Pippin best so far. Hopefully that is also growing as your confidence grows as well.
Larner chapter 11 . 9/9/2005
Have been slipping between sites all day, so haven't read steadily here. This section in Lothlorien has been the most satisfactory so far, as there is more room to put the additional characters into the story without having to stumble over the plot as presented by the Master. The manner in which the swords were done and the quick fascination with the potters was very well done indeed and made me feel as if I were there. Will have to continue on tomorrow, however.

Hate to admit this, but I don't usually respond to reviews given on this board, as I often seem to have difficulty retrieving email addresses for those leaving comments. Now and then FFN will cooperate and I'll privately answer some special comment that means a good deal to me, or so I find.

I usually keep to stories about Frodo when reading on this board, although now and then I'll read something Aragorn related. Sorry I missed this one as it was being posted. But it's definitely a good one.
Larner chapter 10 . 9/9/2005
Grandmother? I suppose by adoption...

But a good introduction of these two into Lothlorien, and to see the Ring start trying to work on one of them via pity. Interesting.
Larner chapter 9 . 9/8/2005
This one must have been a toughie to write, as the Master did so very well at it, and you have to fit the two newcomers into what exists already. Pretty well done.
Larner chapter 8 . 9/8/2005
Obviously Boromir and Aragorn haven't ever experienced a Midwestern winter, although we here in the Pacific Northwest aren't usually all the experienced with them, either, of course. Do remember the snow in Tulsa when I was VERY small, sometimes over my head.

By the way, Pippin's sisters are Pearl, Pervinca, and Pimpernel. Was wondering which Prima from the last chapter was.
Larner chapter 7 . 9/8/2005
Good integration into the story of Hollin. Yes, I think Aragorn would be most uncomfortable allowing others to use Anduril to learn the basics of fighting with.
Larner chapter 6 . 9/8/2005
A good look at the growing relationships and Thomas's feelings about the war and what should be the needlessness of it.
Larner chapter 5 . 9/8/2005
It was quite a necessary lesson, and one which he learned the first time. I think Aragorn would be quite proud of him right now.
Larner chapter 4 . 9/8/2005
A good idea to place this so close to the war which had erupted in the midst of writing it.
Larner chapter 3 . 9/8/2005
Learning to trust will be a big part of the journey for these two, who have little familiar to hang onto here.

So, they were headed out our way, were they? Interesting...
Larner chapter 2 . 9/8/2005
Well, Thomas is certainly coming up with questions that need answering, I think. Poor kid!

Nice characterizations.
Larner chapter 1 . 9/8/2005
Aha-an excellent beginning. But two more walkers added to the company; and no response as yet from the Ringbearer.
428 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »