Reviews for Harmatia and the Cold
Admiral Arlani chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
This is gorgeous. It felt like some sort of... I don't know, weight while I was reading it. Amazing, no matter how short of a time it took you to write it.

Stream of consciousness is good, cause that's the way it would happen. It's fairly realistic, in my opinion. Amazing job.

'Geniuses are there to fall, Holly thought. They are spectacular, so that we know what we can be.'

One of the best lines I've ever read. Simply breathtaking.
Roxie Faye chapter 1 . 6/21/2005
Nice story, I just wanted to let you know you spelled Harmatia wrong. It's actually "Hamartia." One other question - what's Arty's fatal flaw? That he didn't see his own downfall? *shrug*
Artemis chapter 1 . 1/8/2005
that was pretty sad...but great nonetheless.
Flying Purple Pig chapter 1 . 10/12/2004
Not stunning but not bad at all. I really liked how you descried geniuses, how they have to fall before they can rule the world, how they show the rest of us what we can be.

Nice job, made me think.

-FPP
Abigail-Nicole chapter 1 . 9/10/2004
It was very weak. That said, it was also beautifully written, the prose was excellent. I especially loved: "It was something about small bodymass, critical temperatures for magical superiority, excessive cold and heat aging the cells quicker... (Fairies are like that, she muses, nothing allowable in the extremes. Always in the middle, eternally conventional.)", the way you use Holly's thoughts next to the facts, fact and fancy side by side.

The story is sad, bittersweet, very weak and Holly resigned to mediocrity, resigned to stupidity and simmering anger just under the surface. I like the way this is written-I can't say that I like the story you're telling.
sara chapter 1 . 9/10/2004
actually, i like it. nice thoughts, slightly depressing, but only slightly. nice style, real thought and talent shows in this work. i like.
TrunkZy chapter 1 . 9/10/2004
Nice. Very nice!

*Wondering why the hell you always get these good ideas*

It wasn't crap! You are a fab. writer and if I have to be honest with myself I write like this in danish, though I don't have the same writing skills in english. *sighs deeply*

Well I hope you will get yourself together and write more for 42!

Ja ne TrunkZy the Mighty
Nallasariel the Weeper chapter 1 . 9/9/2004
Hello.

*rubs hands in glee* I like sci-fi. And yours had holes in it! *points*

*ahem* I am slightly hyper. It's the day before the biggest meet of the season, and I can't sleep. Five o'clock. Figures.

Anywho, you mentioned at one point that the People had melded into one race - a genetic impossibility. If you follow Colfer's words re-ally close, you can see they evolved from different species - and thus impossible to hybridize without the child of that union being sterile. Proved and tested. Even some types of tigers can;t have proper kids.

The same reasoning could also be used for all those rabid folks out there rooting for the Lollipop (guild) ship, AH. How could they have kids if they have completely different DNA? Idiots...

*mutters* In any case, a very good PWP. Certainly worthy of Crim, considering mine somehow managed to get on. Certainly worthy of expanding - although I'd raise complaint against some of those side-notes in your story, like the supposed theory behind 'star-flight'.

I hope to see more coming from you. You're certainly better then most of the rabid fangirls 'round here, and obviously Up There in the top writers.

Namárië,

*~Nallasariel the Weeper

P.S. I'm not sure if you got my email, but I *did* finish the story semi-based on that marvelous essay of yours. Surprisingly, it has a plot. Called 'Tears of the Never', for several symbolic reasons I don't expect anyone to understand since there is no linguists anywhere 'round here.
RicaResin chapter 1 . 9/9/2004
It wasn't a peice of shit, it was good, I like these types of rambles. Just this characers veiw of her life at this moment. It was good.

Your fellow writer and Royal lunitic, Identity99
Spasmodic dust bunny chapter 1 . 9/9/2004
It may be crap, but I like it. But then I tend to like stream of conciousness types of things. I liked this a lot though. It's bleak, somewhat dystopian, almost haunting. And I love the theme of burnt out Geniuses.
FairyHunter chapter 1 . 9/9/2004
That was a pretty good fic, for forty minutes. I liked it. Great theme. Er, no point to it, really, but it was an interesting read. Keep up the good writing, Yeti
kenopsia chapter 1 . 9/9/2004
Oh gosh.

-steps back-

Wow. Oh spiff.

-checks boxes-

::And thats all she wrote::
slime frog chapter 1 . 9/9/2004
*applauds wildy and throws frog shaped glitter all over the yeti, getting it stuck in her lustrous fur* that was brilliantly fantastic! amazingly wonderful! very thought provoking and depressing. but wonderful. *sighs and wipes away a tear* it was beautiful. *growl* forty minutes? FORTY? bloody hell, Yeti, THAT masterpiece in FORTY BLOODY MINUTES? You see, this is why I go off you every time you update. gah. good luck in your exams, by the way. May I take this opportunity to crow over the fact that mine are finished... no, probably not. that's mean. Anyway, I can hardly talk, I'm about to start A-levels and Frond knows they're going to be SO much FUN! *rolls eyes unhappily* Why oh why didn't I just take the opportunity to flee school forever and go and get a job at Burger King like every other drop-out... *wink* ahem. deviation, once more. hey, I specialise in it. And yes, I am waiting eagerly for life, Blue. You know what will happen if it doesn't arrive. Agent Slime is primed and ready to go. She's howling for blood. She hasn't attacked an author in MONTHS (I save her specially for you... MUAHAHAHA!). *glances worriedly at Blue Yeti's bulky security personnel, wearing, is that... leather trousers? ;) who are moving threateningly forward* *cough* *begins to edge out of the review* er, well, yes, do update soon, old girl, and *body guards break into a run* *shrieks and legs it*