Reviews for Sins of the past
lacerta chapter 1 . 1/29/2006
Whoa... my computer is crazy, I keep trying to submit a review but it keeps doing strange things... Ehm, what I was actually triying is that I've made a mistake... I actually mistook your name with someone else's... However, while looking through your other fics I realised you were not him/her... Hehehe, dummy me...

Either way, let me tell you again that your fic is awesome, your characterization wonderful, and that I can't wait for you to update!
lacerta chapter 2 . 1/29/2006
Hey, it's me again, I've been thinking about it and I think I made a tiny mistake... _
lacerta chapter 3 . 1/29/2006
Kuko chapter 3 . 1/28/2006
I've been looking for a fic like this for a very long time and this is definitely exceeding my expectations...

You are an awesome writer and your characterization is always wonderful, especially with Starscream, you've just nailed him.

I know you're a Nightwind fan and friend and, so far, I can only guess that your opinion on Megatron more or less coincides with hers (but correct me if I'm wrong, please, after all, it's only an assumption :)), which is not really how I perceive the decepticon leader… However, as I said, since your characterization is always so good I’m sure that I’ll be able to find your Megatron in character even if our views in him are not exactly the same :)…

I do think Megatron is an egotistical and manipulative bastard that took advantage of Starscream’s weakness to make him somewhat dependent on him, however, I still can’t help believing that some kind of friendship was born between them that eventually was overshadowed by the fighting and beatings we see on the show…

Either way, I can’t wait to see where do you take your story, but I’m sure that you’re going to do an excellent work both developing the Megatron/Starscream relationship and showing Starscream’s progressive change from the enthusiastic young flier Skyfire couldn’t help but love to the harsh and scarred seeker we all know.

Whoa… this was a long review with too much nonsense… But after enjoying this and ‘Meetings’ so much, I just had to say something… ;)

By the way, precisely in the last chapter of ‘Meetings’ you’ve written one of the most beautiful lines I’ve ever read:

‘But the moment passed, as all moments do, to stay sweet and fleeting in memory…’

That’s so poetic…

Anyway, you’ve gained a new fan!

Keep writing!
C.B chapter 3 . 10/29/2004
You really show the emotion here, what Starscream is going through.
Random transformers Fan chapter 3 . 10/17/2004
Yay! Starscream is the Coolest! I always thought about what happened to him. Write more PLEASE!
Soryu chapter 3 . 10/9/2004
I really like the way you are slowly turning Starscream in who we all know in canon -

I like this even more because this gradual change IS a logical one, too, and one I can understand: the feelings seem really genuine and the various mood shifts are at the same time believable and typical of Starscream. Very, VERY well done, Gemma!

I can't wait to see what else you have in store for this poor flier to make him go all the way to the personality he shows in the cartoon!
indigo-ink chapter 3 . 10/5/2004
Righteous! A most heinously excellent fic, dude! Rock on!

Erm...whoops...chanelling that turtle from 'Finding Nemo' for a minute there...sorry. I love the way you portray Megatron (the conniving, twisted lovable loon), and his 'chat' with Starscream was great. Scary, but great. Even if I am now blubbering over the fate of my favourite screeching jet. The poor boy. The poor, poor boy... *huggles Screamer*

Hmm...maiming Mouthy Mawklin the Mauled. Nice ring to it, actually.

Cannot wait for the next chapter!

Why apricot? Because apricot-flavoured drinking yogurt is the best thing on Earth. Simple.
Alexandra Spar chapter 3 . 10/4/2004
*drools*

I LOVE Starscream in driven-beyond-endurance, blind rage. You do it so nicely. And for some reason this bit...

A thin smile hovered over cold, pale lips. "Good." The larger transformer straightened and began to walk away, but he paused a little further down the corridor. "And Starscream... try not to practice on your classmates in future. At least not where you can be seen."

...makes me all shivery. I can completely hear Megatron saying that, and for some reason the physical description of him fills me with foreboding. It does make sense, of course. That Megatron would see in the seeker's rage something that he could use, tune like a blade and aim at his enemies, and that Starscream would throw himself wholeheartedly into it, if only to get away from his memories. Good stuff.
Jess chapter 3 . 10/3/2004
O.O! DUDE! AWESOME! :D! w00, I am luvin' this story! **hugglz Screamer** _
indigo-ink chapter 1 . 9/29/2004
Almightily late review. Maim me. Heart-breaking start...poor Starscream. *sniffles* But...HE LIVES! *rejoices*

Great emotion, wonderful detail, like everything so far. Not much more to be said, must go read more now. TTFM, laters! *disappears in a cloud of apricot-yellow smoke*
Soryu chapter 2 . 9/14/2004
I like the way you portray Starscream: even when deep in depression and thinking it's better if he surrenders and die, his incredible survival instinct and love for life always make him go on.

It's the way I imagine him, too. -

And the way Megatron tries to use Starscream's feelings to manipulate him... oh, it's so very fitting, so very him.

It'll be interesting to see how he'll fit with the Decepticons, because I think that he'll need a lot of time to adjust to the new situation. He's still a scientist that holds on Skyfire's memory, after all, and Skyfire is a notorius pacifist.

I can't wait to see the twist that you have in mind to make Starscream the Decepticon we know!
Jumana chapter 1 . 9/11/2004
Heh heh, poor Starscream indeed.. in every fic he always seems to suffer but it's all good though and you do have a good start to a story here. it is very well written proper use of technical words..but a bit short..I do look forward to the next chapter. Pinkfuzzyone.
Skins Thunderbomb chapter 1 . 9/10/2004
AH! Not readin yet. I refuse to read this just now, sorry :P

I have to read everything in order first otherwise I piss myself off by ruining the plot. Just thought I'd let you know so you wont miss me reviewing - (yeah right ... :P)

Anyways, After you've finished Meetings I'll promise to read and review - Cheerio!

ST
Jess chapter 1 . 9/9/2004
wow, I like this'n already. and yesh, ouch, poor Screamer ;-; ah, as for suggestions for other things to call Starscream, how about "young jet" or "eager mech" or "silver flier" or "young flier"? hope that helps a lil' -