Reviews for To The Beat Of A Different Drum
Ealasaid Una chapter 3 . 1/29/2011
i like the story. It is good.
Dragonsong1 chapter 3 . 1/19/2005
Hey, it's cool! Like it lots! Hmm, I wouldn't mind being in it if you don't mind a late CC. Nickname Spaz of course, trips over everything, goes hyper at weird times, well, you know. See ya! )
LadyRach chapter 3 . 12/31/2004
This is going to be a short review, but this is funny and creative and I like it.
Bluey chapter 3 . 10/30/2004
:does a happy dance: Woohoo! Not only is my computer finally working again, but I have free time as well! I shall not question how this miracle happened...

So, all in all, I'm super sorry for not reviewing your story sooner. What with Marching Band and stupid computer problems anyway the fates have not allowed a review. So here goes for the entire thing!

I love your story...it really is hilarious. And I can so see the guys in my band acting like the guys in your story...the xboxes where a perfect touch. You rock!

It's funy, though, that you have freshmen march in your band, while mine starts with sophomores. I sure it's still a hassle for the upperclassmen either way.

Keep up the good work! I can't wait to see what you do with the show!
Lirra chapter 3 . 10/19/2004
Ha ha! I love it-definitely you-i can hear you telling me this story for some odd reason or another. the ahllway is straight Daydream- not a figure eight. (just kidding-put whatever you want)

hm...french horn section leader

update soon- i love to laugh-

have you read hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy?

you remind me of him...(his style of writing)

update soon-(like in the next month-i know how hard it is to update)
newsietwirler14 chapter 3 . 10/17/2004
hey! i love ur story so far, its funny. im a majorette in our high school band, and i just wanted to know if fox is a majorette baton twirler or is shes a drum major? im a baton twirler and i love it, but our band director doesnt let us go to contests with the band. the funny thing is that fox and i look alike- we both are short have green eyes and have reddish brown hair. i think its pretty weird lol! keep writing your story i think its good that someone is finally writing something about band. go bandies!
Oxymoronic Alliteration chapter 3 . 10/16/2004
*takes off headphones* Woo! RENT rocks! And Freshmen suck. Except for the cool ones (and you know who you are). *sigh* You have characterized Zodiac perfectly. You rock! *gives Daydream a brownie for rocking* This story is cool! Update soon, please!
CuteLittleTrinket chapter 3 . 10/16/2004
sweet! thats awsome about your band! go gil go! woot woot! awsome chapter as well! haha i love the pickle ssong! it made me laugh so hard! haha yes keep it up! i liked how you mentioned Sparks too sweet dealyo m'dear! you'r rockin'! much luv your way!

~Sparks~
Emotions chapter 3 . 10/15/2004
“Where’d you get Zodiac from?
Written Sparks chapter 3 . 10/15/2004
Yay for updatedness. I was happy to see that you had updated. I like this story so much, I would love to be in a real band but alas I suck at music (well working at piano right now so maybe it'll be better) Anyway...can't wait for more and my character. Love it dah-ling. B-E-A-U-TIFUL.
Hope Diamonde chapter 3 . 10/15/2004
YAY! I can be in the story! That makes me so happy. Though I am a woodwind player, for your sake, my char will play a brass instrument. This might not be too good cause I gotta leave soon for band stuff(it's homecoming!)

Name: Corie Dawson

Nickname: Maverick(she's from California, living there until she was 14, and surfs. Mavericks is a famous big wave surfing location in Cali, thus the name Maverick cause she would always talk about it.)

Age and Grade: 16/17, 11th grade

Appearance: straight sun bleached blonde hair down to her shoulders and clear blue eyes(the typical cali girl) Is about 5'2" with an athletic build, and some curves. She wears anything having to do with surfing, usually Roxy, Billabong, Ripcurl, Quicksilver, O'Neill, Hurley, etc... These are normally wife beater type shirts, fitted t's, or when it's cold the shirts that look like a short sleeved short over a long sleeved one. Wears various bottoms(usually from the companies above) skirts, pants, shorts, etc... BIG fan of hemp, has two hemp necklaces, one tighter than the other, hemp bracelets and anklets. She wears two rings, a silver ring with a small light blue stone on her left ring finger, and her class ring on her right ring finger. She wears skate shoes(vans, etnies, dc's, etc...)

Personality: to some she appears to have an "i'm superior to you attitude", but her friends know that she's actually a very sweet and caring person at heart. She will either love or hate you. She's pretty and knows it, which can sometimes cause her to act a little cocky, as does her ability to surf really well. She can be funny at times, but it's usually because of her being herself, a dumb blonde. She loves to laugh and just mess around with people, as long as she likes them. If it's someone she doesn't know she tries to act very mature, and often superior.

Position(and instrument): because you need brass, she plays French Horn. She's in the top band, 3rd or 2nd chair.

Skill level: she's a good marcher when she tries, but often will slack off because she doesn't care THAT much about band. She does love to play the horn though, which is why she's a high chair.

Newsie Favorite-SPOT! but he's probably taken...I like Mush, Blink, Jack, and Dutchy too

Likes: did I mention she likes surfing? she can also snowboard and skateboard but doesn't enjoy them as much. Loves warm weather, the beach, sunshine, spring and summer. Also likes to sing(she's the singer of a garage band), ska and punk music(pop punk included), driving(she drives a 2001 blue Toyota Celica which is her baby),mexican food, football(loves the 49'ers), math(she's in AP Calc as a junior), Kelly Slater(pro-surfer), and messing around with friends.

Dislikes: band sometimes(when it interferes with other things), history(she finds it pointless), sexists, bossy people, her mom(lives with her dad and step mom), chinese food, greasy food(fast food), basketball, and the rain.

Talent: french horn, surfing, math, and singing

Miscellaneous: well her parents are divorced and she has a horrible relationship with her mom. Her dad is a lawyer and step-mom is a nurse(so she's pretty rich, adding to her snobby appearance). Big flirt, and can have a dirty mouth at times(usually when she's angry). Has a habbit of running her hand through her hair when nervous.

...and that was longer than i expected it to turn out. Sorry bout that. Any questions just e-mail me! And update soon!

~Hope~
Green Cricket chapter 3 . 10/15/2004
OO! I still love Mob! I know he wasn't mentioned much but I still do! Yay Mob! Anyways, the Spoon nickname story:

Freshman year, she was dared to try to eat every meal with only a Spoon and since, she just hasn't used any other utensil. Trust me, chicken is hard to eat with a spoon. :) But that's the Spoon story. I gotta go. I think I'm gonna go mob Mob. M...Italian boys. :)

Cricket
ShortAtntionSpaz chapter 3 . 10/14/2004
WHO HO, you updated! This story is so awesome so far! I laughed outloud on a few occasions. WHE!

Keep those updates rollin!

~Spaz

(did you know that lichtenstein, the world's smallest country, and the world's largest producer of false teeth, is also the richest country in the world?)
Dimonah Tralon chapter 3 . 10/14/2004
Congratulations on getting first! Great chapter! I loved the bit about Zodiac not getting her coffee that morning. Keep up the great work; I look forward to reading more!
MyDogAteMyPenname chapter 3 . 10/14/2004
((I'm reviewing as I read.. makes for a more fun review, if you ask me))

WHOO! I GET THE WALKIE TALKIE! MUAHAH! *grabs walkie talkie from Itey and dances away*

Haha! This is so great! I love this fic so far! Very funny!

PICKLE SONG! THAT'S SO AWESOME..MUAHAHA.

So.. when do I get my nickname? *nudges you*

Anyway, PLEASE CONTINUE ASAP!

love and cows,