Reviews for Lately
The Duplicitous One chapter 1 . 2/15/2008
Haha! Take THAT Joseph! It's what you deserve you sorry piece of shit! (Sorry if I sound mean, but I don't care) Rogue & Remy were,are and always will be destined for each other.
Ele Goddess of Elements chapter 1 . 4/27/2005
um, kinda confusing...whose Joeseph? (EAConwell )
Konnie-chan chapter 1 . 10/15/2004
Ok, this is really good. It pains me though, because before I became a Gambit fan, I was a Rogue fan. I hate her now, for what she did to BOTH Remy and Joseph. And I hate they marvel just killed Joe to solve the 'problem' . I really liked him T.T
Eileen B chapter 1 . 10/1/2004
Wow, this is a great story. I was looking for something to read, and chose this one because it was a one parter and I'm supposed to be getting ready for class, but now, I just want to read it again! I love how we can see the relationship between Rogue and Remy's eyes through Joseph: how even though they deny it themselves, clearly, there's more there's a deep love that can't be denied. *sigh* Wonderful!
missy42 chapter 1 . 9/26/2004
This is freakin' sad, too! Although, I never liked the Joseph/Rogue pairing, so I think that Joseph got what he deserves to some extend. Still, I found myself sympathizing with him a little. But not too much, becuase he's perpetuating his own denial.

Kinda upset with Rogue and Remy, though. Maybe you could extend this one-shot a little. Give someone else's side of the story. Maybe even continue the story a little bit from the other pserpectives. So how about it?

"missy42"
Sugah n Spice chapter 1 . 9/16/2004
Hello there! You are one of our favorite authors, and we've read several of your stories, and we'd like to say that we like your 'depressing' fics as much as your fluff fics. Although it isn't really exactly depressing, rather, it's deeper and more thoughtful, and not all stories are happy ones, just as real life is not always happy, so why should we hesitate to write less cheerful stories? We think it's great to see someone tackle a character who not many people like, and to give them a human side.

It was a nice story and well-written, we liked it a lot. ;) ;)

~ Spice
keebler-elmo chapter 1 . 9/15/2004
good story but very depressing i never really liked Joseph bet i really pity the guy here
Abaiisiia chapter 1 . 9/14/2004
Wowzers,that was Uber cool. I really really hate joseph, cause he was really annoying, and so this fic made me really happy. Even though it was slightly depressing, but not really, but in a way it was and I'm getting confused. And Again, sorry for the mean comment the other day, but, when your writing ROMY fan fiction, you need to think happy thoughts, Okay? jsut keep that in mind when you suddenly get the idea to make Rogue kill herself.
TheRealMai chapter 1 . 9/13/2004
poor joseph. but he should have known rogue would have never stopped loving remy. but still i feel bad for him. this was a great story! i enjoyed it very much!
Michelle2 chapter 1 . 9/12/2004
Awesome fic. I really enjoyed reading this. It made my night.
Ludi chapter 1 . 9/12/2004
Good God, girl, I love you! You did a Joseph story! Do you know how much I love Joseph? It has made me very happy to read this. I get a perfect feeling of not only Joe's character, but the whole love triangle, which is made all the more potent for the fact that it seems that none of the three will actually find what they're looking for in the end. Joseph will go back to living a lie. Remy will never be able to fully give his love to Rogue. And Rogue will always give her heart to Remy, with a love that he will probably never be able to fully return. That's the bittersweet tragedy of this story - all Rogue really wants is the love that only Joseph can give her, a love that he would give to her absolutely unconditionally, whether she wanted it or not. But she's so in love with Gambit that she barely recognises it.

So in the end Joseph has to live the lie of knowing that he will always be second-best to her, yet it is a testament to his love for her that he is still willing to accept her despite that fact.

What I loved about this story most of all though, was the idea that Joseph doesn't truly feel that he is *somebody* without her. The dynamic I've always loved about Joe is that he's a clone, and has to live with the fact that his life means nothing because it isn't truly his. Throughout it all, it is his love for Rogue and her love for him that defines his life and his purpose, and that is why, ultimately, he cannot give her up, because to give her up is to give up the thing that gives meaning to his life. And that's something I've always seen as a possible development of their relationship, had Joe carried on living.

All in all, this was a simply beautiful one-shot. There were some moments where your tense slipped up, but I enjoyed the intimacy with which you portrayed Joe and his thoughts and feelings, and the sombre, bittersweet mood you kept throughout the story. Much as I love fluff, this is my kind of plot, because it just makes me *feel* more inside - it rouses and stirs all the emotions that I tend to thrive upon. I guess it just appeals to my melancholic, tragic side. That's why, although I love your fluff stuff - and I tell you true, I do - I'm kind of glad you've got into this more 'downbeat' creative mood recently, because you are leaving behind some truly beautiful and whimsical stories that are food for my romantic soul.

Thanks so much for sharing.

-Ludi x
Star-of-Chaos chapter 1 . 9/11/2004
*sigh* I'm trying to decide whether I feel sorry for Joseph or not. As much as I dislike the guy, it's hard not to feel sorry for him with this. Nice job.
MeWhoExactlyWhat chapter 1 . 9/11/2004
I really enjoyed this story. Most stories about Rogue-Remy-Joseph push Joseph out of the picture ASAP, so it was really cool that you wrote from his perspective. Just one thing: the story is written in the present, but a few times near the beginning you lapse into past tense. I may be nitpicking, but grammar's a pet peeve of mine. Keep writing!
T chapter 1 . 9/11/2004
That was so good. Loved it.
Maniac-Elle chapter 1 . 9/11/2004
Wow this is brillant. It really captivated me and I felt so sorry for Joesph. I love your writing style and I hope you write more like it. Well Done!