Reviews for My Richard
Annabeth97 chapter 15 . 3/7/2015
Fantastical. This story was an emotional roller coaster. I l/oved it
Crazy Dyslexic Nerd chapter 15 . 5/11/2013
Very, very good conclusion. I love how you included the emotional impact on all the characters, Roy was perfectly Roy-ish, and you showed that stalking isn't just a creepy thing, but traumatising and scarring. Most writers go for just action, or, much worse, romantic side of it.
Laura is a very well done, creepy OC. She acts like a real person with severe mental problems. The way you portrayed the justice system was very well done, often it just isn't effective if the perp is insane but smart enough to work the system.
Very, very well done.
-Dyslexic Nerd
Your Local Cow chapter 15 . 7/15/2012
I'm kinda sad that it was the end...

I wonder who wrote that fake letter along with the other ones. Her doctors, maybe? Sick of her too? xD (I doubt they'd let her go because of that though) When I read that letter, it was too good to be true.

The law is messed up. After all the times she's been put into a therapy program she's gotten out, and was put back in. Now she's gone and killed herself, still in the belief that Dick was in love with her.

About Laura's threats, the letters she intends to mail out, I actually thought she was talking about the gay thing and the "relationships" with his friends, but then you said that it was about the identities and I was like okay.

I liked Roy's (silent) side comments when Laura came in and started to clean up the place as if she was Dick's wife. Everybody loves Roy!

I haven't given this much reviews to a single story in a long time xD Several months or so.

It's hard to believe that Dick recovered and returned to being Nightwing after that accident. I'm not sure if I should be calling it an accident though. Intentional accident? Contradiction! But still, he dropped from 30 feet in the freakin' air! Who teached her about bombs? Was it you, Youtube? How about you, Google?

I read this for four hours and nearly seven minutes straight (okay well maybe not STRAIGHT STRAIGHT, because I needed to find the definition of some words) and that's going in mah reading log! MUAHAHAAHA xD That'll account for 12 days of reading... not that I needed it. I think.

Simon, thank you for such a good read :D I'm gonna try to get my friends to read this. I'll point out Laura's most screwed up actions! That's nearly everything.
Your Local Cow chapter 12 . 7/15/2012
OH MY GOD she's messing with Babs! Nobody messes with Dick's woman :O And Laura just hurt him too! I mean, what the freak, man? She's like a possessive Joker! Though, Joker is a lot more dangerous. Laura, on the other hand, is more demented.

I was afraid when Babs rolled away, something would happen to her but it was just Dick. Not that it was a good thing, but Dick can live.
Your Local Cow chapter 10 . 7/15/2012
Now Dick can involve the law; get a restraining order or sue her or something, because the attack was planned by Laura! Oh Leslieeeee, have you heard?

By the way, are Tamaran weddings really done in the nude? (I'm nearing the end! D:)
Your Local Cow chapter 9 . 7/15/2012
Last letter? Yeah right! I can't help but imagine the girlfriend's face from the meme in my head D:

Laura should read her own letters. At first everything's nice as if she and Dick were together, emphasis on as if, and then she rages towards the end and was like, "You bastard, you're dating that cow and that pig, you two-timing jerk! You promised that we would be together!" And then everything resets by the next letter (or video). Dick's right, they're all the same, just said in different ways.

That letter on Becca's desk was intended for Laura, right? 'Cause it seemed like it.
Your Local Cow chapter 5 . 7/15/2012
This girl reminds me of the Overly Attached Girlfriend meme. Anyways, if I was Dick and Laura came crawling back to me for the second or third time, after being normal normal, nice, apologetic, and delusional with love and "sleep", I would've been like, "HELL NO! We're over; we're through! I don't love you, we never did it, and you are NOT pregnant!"

Though if she still went to the same school, which means same partner, that would be a problem. Is there a medical term for this... illness?
PPPL chapter 15 . 11/5/2011
The first sentence in this fic caught my attention so fast it ain't even funny. I don't think I've ever seen a better fiction writer who could build a story as well as you. Congratulations, you are most definitely one of a kind.
AllBlueChaser chapter 15 . 8/16/2011
Another great fic to keep me company at work. Dark but a satisfying ending. I secretly hope one of Dicks cape friends expedited her death but heros would do that...ohhhh maybe Jason. I feel mean but yeah I want comeuppance! I also hope the cops that didn't want to enforce the restraining order felt guilty or at least got chewed out by Tom or something!
KrC chapter 15 . 2/25/2011
Wow. This was just, wow. You had me hooked from the start and I read the entire thing non-stop. The writing was brilliant, the story-line was amazing and strangely enough I liked how this was focused more on Dick than Robin/Nightwing. Important events were mentioned (Dick leaving Bruce, Barbara's accident, Dick moving to Bludhaven et.c) but were not dwelled upon and I think that was good judgement on your part as it showed how far in the story this was yet kept the stalker plot moving. The emotional and mental trauma showed was just so well done and Dick's injury had me seriously freaking out for a bit (although I have no idea what PT is...) and for a second I thought that Dick was going to kill Laura. Have I mentioned that this story is amazing! And aside from a few spelling/grammar errors and confusing scene changes there is nothing much to criticise.

You really should be proud of this story,

KrC
Princess613 chapter 15 . 8/22/2009
I forgive you for killing her. And I approve pairing DickBarbra
Wildcard999 chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
I would not suggest using numbers in your fics if you can help it. If it's part of the name, like Area 51 or Se7en, yes, but seven a.m. should look exactly as I wrote it. Numbers tend to trip people up when they are reading and you don't want to knock them out of your fic.

/beat, whipped, exhausted/

Usually the last comma is an 'and'. The and indicates the list is done.

Your second paragraph is all one sentence. While that may be fine, you do not have anywhere near enough punctuation to handle all those ideas in a single sentence. Try adding some commas.

It seems to be a bit of a problem now; you try to cram too much stuff into your sentences and don't even give them enough commas to handle the burden. Break things up a little more; you'll have time to get it all out and if you add some more commas things won't read like an out of control train that seems to think if it runs fast enough that it won't fall once the track runs out. The commas give sentences rhythm so the reader knows how it sounds out loud; without them the reader has to put them in themselves.

/He was hungry, too, but he knew he was too tired to do anything about it and he didn’t even care./

You have an extra comma and the end of the sentence bothers me, but I can't tell why. I think it should be rephrased, but I can't tell how.

/TBC

I have no idea what that is or why it is at the end of your fic.

Okay, aside from the difficulty with the commas and stuff, this is a great fic! I am so reading on.
The BatThing chapter 4 . 4/4/2007
Dick looked over at him. Nope, he wasn’t going to help Bruce out with this. Obviously Alfred had told him something was going on and ordered Bruce to talk to him about it. Well, deal with it, Bruce; he wasn’t in a sharing mood right now.

“Fine.”

LOL, that made me laugh. Never read this one, too much of a skim reader, but this one caught my attention. :-) Some people are just a bit out of sorts, huh? Crazy, crazy.

Another great one!
jonoave chapter 15 . 10/17/2006
Wow, that's totally awesome! The storyline is gripping, and well, Nighwing is one my all-tiem favourite characters. I liked how you got most of the characters really well. And it Laura's persona too, very creepy. You got me hooked on the fic all the way. Can't wait to read up more on the rest of your work.

Btw, did you happen to write a short series of Dick/Garth before this somewhere earlier? I thought there are some similar writing styles in that piece of work and yours.
ItzAGoodThing chapter 15 . 9/25/2006
Wow, that was intense! great job