Reviews for Harry Potter and the Slytherin Spy
tk1760 chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
great writing

my request to u is that just add oc character and harry potter in "characters" for the story . believe me i've read more harry potter novellas on fanfiction .net and i should have read this story earlier. it simply didn't come up because if u have no "characters" in the intro it is very difficult to find this story while sorting . trust me this story should be appreciated by more people so please add characters in the intro
Brodie1 chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
an excellent story and a sad one at that. I had hoped that Jane and Harry might have found some happiness but alas they didn't/ I would love to see a sequal if there is one, it would be nice to see the open ends tied off and for lack of a better word completion of a great story. You wrot a great story Christine and I for one thank you for sharing it. Take care.
Cathy-Ann chapter 11 . 5/27/2010
I will make a guess that Jane Kirkallen is the one who killed Nott and Crabbe in retaliation for her mom's death.
Cap'n Awesome chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
Oh. My. God. How could you? I wanted to know who Jane's father was! I feel so... cheated! Is it Snape? Are you implying that at the end? Did you decide, while you were writing this story, or is it one of those 'no one knows' things? I really want to know. I liked Jane. All the way through. It's always the characters I like that turn out to be bad in the end. :( But I still loved reading it.
Dracis Tran chapter 30 . 1/19/2010
This is a very good story. I know it's been a while since you wrote it, but I figured you'd want my thoughts even so.

Partially because I'm terrible at figuring such things out, and partially because I think you obscured the mystery quite well, I didn't figure out it was Jane until the Imperious Curse (I'd be shocked if Snape didn't know that Harry could throw it off, even at that point in the story). In retrospect, I probably should have seen it... but I wanted a Harry/Jane happy ending too much for me to really think about it objectively.

Needless to say, I did not get such a wish granted.

I'm thinking one of the main points of your narrative was the fact that people don't generally treat each other all that well, particularly at the tender ages of fifteen and sixteen. It tended to make me frustrated that these kids wouldn't act mature!... but they're not, so they didn't.

My major quibble is the ending. It felt rushed, certain threads (*cough*RonHermioneLuna*cough*) were not resolved (It would have been fine not to have him choose, I think. What irked me is that Ron didn't learn anything, so the arc felt pointless), other threads (LupinTonks) were resolved too neatly, particularly when placed side-by-side with the other arcs in this fic.

Malfoy and Harry's rivalry was shown very well in this story, and felt like the most natural thing in the world to both of them. The lack of open animosity due to the killings/suicides and the resultant exploration of a schoolboy rival relationship was quite brilliant. Overall, well done.
Terrible Tues chapter 30 . 10/20/2008
Great story. I hope I can find a sequel somewhere.
cazertanu chapter 30 . 9/29/2008
best 6 year story ever.

to hell with JKR.

i fell for jane
Amanthya chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
Only had time to skim this, but it looks good. I'll be back to read more!
WinterChanterelle chapter 30 . 8/4/2007
I knew it was her, of course. Right from the very first murder. Still, this was... horrifying. The fact that I knew somehow doesn't affect the fact that I'm currenly shaking.

And you put this under 'General'? This is horror, that's what it is.

Very well written horror.
eyes of sky chapter 4 . 1/12/2007
Ooh what a cliffie! Good job the next chapter is already there...

If only all problems could be solved so easily by Ginny :) Would save a lot of angsting - thanks for that!
eyes of sky chapter 3 . 1/12/2007
Well, the DA accepted Blaise Zabini, finally so I suppose...
Altariel4 chapter 30 . 7/24/2006
WTF THAT'S IT?

THE END? WTF!
canela chapter 30 . 7/20/2006
Well, congratulations for this really awsome story. And for creating the best OC character ever. You are a very good writer and I hope you try to write something apart from fanfic and get it published.

As much as I was impressed by your writing style and everything I didn't like some parts of the plot. Revenge is a really wrong concept in my eyes but in the case of Jane understandeble. but how she could get the idea to kill the children of deatheaters instead of their fathers I can't really understand. Not to forget she doesn't even know which deatheaters were guilty for what happened to her mother.

But I don't want to critizize you too much. It is a fantastic fic and I have no idea at all why you don't have at least 20 reviews :).

Please keep up the good work!
Tharin chapter 30 . 3/21/2006
It was interesting to read a HP "muder mystery", especially such a well written one. I suspected her for some chapters, but it still was surpirsing. Your story showed in a great way that the world really isn't divided into good people and deatheaters. I liked especially this line from Harry: "How can she be a murderer, and still be a good person? How can I like her one way, and hate what she's done?"
Erised Burning chapter 30 . 3/13/2006
Hi,

I just read your fic, HP and the Slytherin Spy. It's brilliant. Not only do you have a strong, capable style with command over pacing, rhythm, creating cliffhangers and so on, you also have an amazing ability to cultivate rich relationships between the characters.

Your portrayal of Dumbledore is great. He's benevolent, powerful and yet distant at the same time. He's also at odds with Harry, due to the strained circumstances from book 5. You didn't just wash that away, nor did you villify Dumbledore. You navigated this fine line that kept Harry's and Dumbledore's relationship tense but not overbearing.

The same goes for Harry's relationship with Ron and Hermione. I like that he doesn't tell them about the prophecy. Part of the Harry Potter charm is that he's a lone hero. He's had to suffer through a lot on his own and you don't shortchange him in that respect. You've written out his isolation very well where it's deserved. At the same time, you don't shortchange Ron and Hermione either, both by giving them their own drama and also by giving them their rightful place at Harry's side.

You set up the astralmancy really well (and it's a cool word too). I might have to steal that concept, assuming you don't object.

Jane was a wonderful character. There are always so many pitfalls when introducing original characters, and you dodge them all expertly. She has her own personality, her own story, and she doesn't overwhelm Harry's story. Their first scene together when Moody and Tonks barge in was a lot of fun. So was their adventure to Grimmauld Place. It seemed likely that she was the one knocking off the Slytherin students. The story had a chronic sense of foreboding running throughout it, which led up to the scene atop the Astronomy Tower. I half-wanted Harry to let her kill Malfoy and Snape and escape, and half-wanted him to turn her in. It was among one of the most intense scenes I've ever read in fanfiction. You really know how to put a person through the emotional ringer, especially with the march towards the cage of flame, and Harry running out to hug her and then Malfoy being a total jerk to Harry afterwards.

These "destined-to-fail" true love romances are really tough to pull off, both because the build-up tends to be tortured (in a bad way), and because writers tend to fumble the climax. You're deserving of a lot of praise for your work. The fact that Harry was aware that Jane might have been the perpetrator took the edge off the moral horror that so often accompanies the revelation. By foreshadowing in advance that she was the killer and downplaying Harry's shock, it heightens the emotivity. It left me flipping through all the likely outcomes and coming to the realization that none of them were very good for our young hero. Moreover, it had me wishing for a happy outcome, regardless of how implausible it would be, just by virtue of the fact that I loved the characters so much, I didn't want them to suffer.

Again, brilliant.