Reviews for Hunting Grounds REDUX
mechenuy chapter 12 . 10/25/2014
dude. it was awesome, I am huge fan of predators, even if they are brutal race. I was happy to read about this great hunt and even more happy for hunter who actually won, unlike the films, where they died in the end to there prey.
Baronscrewtape chapter 12 . 8/11/2014
Thundarr The Barbarian chapter 12 . 3/16/2011
I quite enjoyed this story. The ending was certainly different from what I expected, but it was good. I did notice a few minor typos and grammatic errors, but nothing that really detracts from the quality of the story.

I do have one question though. How the hell did Dawn discover that she was The Key? I can understand the hunter figuring out that she's not quite human with his advanced technology. And in the episode where Dawn and Spike break into the magic shop and discover the truth of Dawn's origins, they say that The Key can only be seen by those who "live outside of reality" (psychics and lunatics). So Cordelia knowing that something's up makes sense. But if the monk who made The Key into Dawn has not yet come to Sunnydale and told Buffy that her sister isn't really her sister, then how does Dawn find out?

And one last question. How did you come up with "Elizabeth Anne Summers" as Buffy's full name. I don't recall anyone ever mentioning that Buffy was short for Elizabeth. In fact, I don't even think that Buffy is considered an abreviated form of Elizabeth.

Anyways, great story.
chaos master chapter 12 . 8/10/2009
mountain king may i just say that this is the best crossover story ever and u r an awsome writer keep up the good work yours sincerely chaos master
bigstu chapter 12 . 3/11/2005
Great story Its kinda nice to read a story were the good guys dont win.
hunters honur chapter 12 . 12/2/2004
i like yor story i just have one problem with it

i highly dout anyone in the buffyverse has a chance aganst blooded Predators why? they train for years to be hunters then they hunt and kill aliens (another creature that buffy couldent touch) to prove their worth. they hunt all their lives the hunt with honur the live by honur it is their way their religen. buffy has only been training for what at this point? Five years? and shes does a half assed job most of the time. any time she comes aganst a demon she winds up agaanst the ropes she couldent even defeat the vampires army without spike and the sun amulat.

A feat a weak predator clan can do easily.

To kill willow fan you have no idea what you are talking about. have you ever read the comics? if you did you would know that the predators normally always win. And the only reasons they lost in the movies is becose both warrirs were young you could tell becouse they lacked the blooding scars on their forehead. what im saying is predators are simbly to powerfull buffy should stick to killing dumb corpeses with splinters im not flaming you im just pointing out some flaws
Hoosier Daddy chapter 13 . 11/2/2004
I'd go with a mixture of Buffy/SG1/LFN. for instance, Faith forcing Ethan Rayne to use that Urn of Osiris. And, both of them being escapees from Section 1!
Papa Wheelie chapter 12 . 11/2/2004
I agree with the last three reviewers. The ending to this story was a bit too morbid for me. That's why I can't honestly say you did a "bang-up" job. I do like the Highlander-oriented suggestions, however. And, even if you don't want to Immortalize Buffy, you could do so with Riley. His head wasn't taken, which means he _could_ revive (skin and all). If that angle doesn't entice you, then go the Eliza Dushku route. Either, Faith comes back to Sunnydale as part of a Section 1 team (see TV TOME-"La Femme Nikita"), investigating the deaths of Riley's commando friends. Or, Tru Whatsername goes through another of her "Groundhog Day-" type flashbacks, after talking to Buffy's ghost.
Superfan chapter 13 . 11/2/2004
Re: those Highlander references. Cassandra was an Immortal sorceress who might have been able to transform into a white she-wolf. She was played by Tracy Scoggins the three times she was on the show (two of them being the introduction of the 4 Horsemen). Later, of course, she played Capt. Lockley (Ivanova's replacement), on B5. Circa 1992, Michael Shanks appeared in "the Zone" (an HL Season 2 episode) as Jesse Collins, the ill-fated unionizer son of an exploitative coal mine owner, in a 1920's flashback! Now, of course, he's Dr. Daniel Jackson, on "Stargate SG1." Amanda is an Immortal thief played by Elizabeth Gracen, who starred in a one-season spin-off of "Highlander." And, Marcus Constantine was the Roman Immortal who became an Egyptologist in order to dig up an ex-girlfriend, who used to work for Cleopatra. She was played by Nia Peeples, of "Walker,Texas Ranger" and "Tower of Terror" fame.
ranlynn chapter 13 . 11/2/2004
I will admit this wasn't one of my all time favorite fics. But that's because I'm not fond of *everbody dies* fics. I like it when the good guys when.

But I did want to comment on a possible *Highlander* tie in. The Predators don't alway take the heads of their prey. Sometimes they just take the skin. As in the first movie with that special forces team Arnie's group ran across.

So it is feasible for Buffy, if she was a pre-immortal, to come back.

Besides I want to see a re-match. Maybe after Buffy's been training with Methos for a while. I mean really, after 50 years he's got to have some really nasty tricks he could teach her.
Kill Willow FAn chapter 1 . 11/2/2004
Predators are weak. They have there asses beaten by anyone in comics and movies.
Superfan chapter 12 . 11/1/2004
I agree with Louie, on every point...but one. I think it should be Duncan Macleod who introduces Buffy to Jesse/Daniel, in any such sequel. You could have the life-restoring Urn of Osiris stolen from that museum run by Immortal Marcus Constantine (ex-Roman general-turned-Egyptologist). The thief turns out to be Amanda. So, Mac agrees to help get it back. And, he could go to Jesse/Daniel for help, because of the latter's archeological expertise. Naturally, anything to do with a possible Goa'uld attracts the attention of Stargate Command, as a whole. So, Col. O'Neill and the rest of his team could shadow the two Immortals. And, everyone could converge when it turns out the Urn was stolen by Riley Finn, for use by Ethan Rayne, to bring back Buffy! From there, you could have Buffy use the Stargate to search for Dawn and the Predator homeworld.
Louie Pastiche chapter 12 . 10/28/2004
You're right. The ending was somewhat disappointing. For the first ten seconds after I read it. After all; why would the other Predators massacre the rest of the Scoobies (Angel's crew, included)? Then, I remembered: Dawn's inherent energies! They must have taken her back to their homeworld, after all. And, therein, lies the mixed blessing. With Dawn offworld, Glory can never get hold of the Key. On the other hand, if the Predators don't know what their doing, their experiments with her might still result in multi-dimensional destruction. Starting with their own homeworld! It, therefore, might behoove you to write a sequel to "Hunting Grounds REDUX." You could even make it a crossover with SG-1 and HIGHLANDER! Buffy turns out to be an Immortal. She is found in the morgue by Oz, who's been getting lycanthropy lessons from Cassandra the Wolf-witch. Upon hearing what happened, Cassandra takes them to someone who can help. An Immortal archeologist named Jesse Collins...alias Daniel Jackson. The rest I leave to your infallible imagination.
Dracowar chapter 12 . 10/27/2004
Nice story. Sad really still it was nice. So Xander is left alive..why? Not to mention why kill Joyce summers?
Kiseki no Tenshi chapter 12 . 10/27/2004
Wicked Ending! _

Are you planning a sequal? Is Dawn dead like everyone else or is she locked up somewhere in Space with the Predator?