Reviews for Curses of all Kinds
Ganheim chapter 1 . 12/9/2007
Curses of all Kinds

Then there was the general scepticism surrounding Ranma’s explanation

[Spelling: skepticism.]

Shampoo wasn’t chasing him anymore?

[I seriously doubt that would ever happen. Shampoo’s staked her future on Ranma, I don’t see any possible way that she’d give that up.]

Ryouga was furious with Ranma for getting cured and ‘leaving him out of it.’ I’m still not sure what he meant by that.

[As serious as the rest of this story was, I have to applaud this little interjection of humor. Excellently done.]

But whatever the reason for it was Ranma started to become bitter.

[I think this would be more concisely stated by replacing the ‘was’ with a comma following ‘it’.]

After I decided to write it, it occurred to me that there weren’t many stories where Ranma getting cured was what stopped him from being with Akane, so I decided to try and explore that idea a little.

[That’s quite true, and I am shocked at the fact that his being cured probably _wouldn’t_ solve any of the problems.]

There are few ways to say this, but most simply: this story amazed me. It felt so incredibly true to the canon, and it gave a depth to Akane that we (or at least I) never really saw in the canon, as well as giving an implied depth to the other characters that are ordinarily glossed over (such as Saotome Nodoka). I had decided after only a few paragraphs that this story had earned a spot on my favorites list, and it earned that spot many times over before the end. An almost complete lack of any technical flaws, a well-written and highly introspective piece that explores the mind of a character without any character bashing (which appears quite popular particularly in the Ranma fandom). You certainly deserve a round of applause for this. If I might humbly ask, I’d like to see your opinion of one of my stories some time. I’m sure any light you have to shed will only improve what I have posted or in the works.

God bless and happy writing,

Ganheim
Howard Russell chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
This is depressingly good. Oddly, it smacks of realism too. It fits Akane far too well.

True, as one reviewer said, Akane and Ranma were canon. Akane and *cursed*Ranma. If he were cured, I can see it going exactly like you wrote.

Bravo!
Ninnik Nishukan chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
Even though I believe in the canon thing, that Ranma and Akane end up together, this fanfic really did make sense, and it wouldn't be impossible for it to happen.

It's one of the more original and well-written Ranma fics I've ever read.
Hououza chapter 1 . 9/15/2004
Definately a unique idea and a highly enjoyable story.

Good luck & best wishes,

Hououza
calamite chapter 1 . 9/11/2004
this is a nice sequel to your story Curses and Blessings. I really like this story and it show the way some people see how Akane is. I'm not a big fan of R/A relationship. So when your next story?

Calamite