Reviews for Midnight Guardian
HayaoFire chapter 20 . 2/18
Oh wow ! I really liked this story ! It fits the books quite well too !
Yeah, Midnight just sounds better to me than Padfoot :P ! I never liked the names even in the French version of the books.
I'm really glad to see Harry having great guardians for once ! And Remus was well depicted ! I'm just slightly disappointed we don't see more of Snape. Now that both Remus and Sirius are together, he should be more pissed than this, no ? We'll see !
And how weird the more I read HP fan fictions, the more I despise Dumbledore's character. It never hit me as a kid how unbelievable it is he never checked on Harry before it was time to bring him to Hogwarts ! What a lame old man with an unbearable pleasant voice at all times. I was glad Siruis sent him the blue letter in front of everyone !

Well, I'll be off to read what's next !
I just hope your story won't follow the books on the death of Sirius. I don't need my heart broken once again xD !

Thank you for sharing your story !
Hayao.
Eve chapter 12 . 2/15
I know this is an old story, but: pretty good. I'm withholding "Excellent" because you seriously infantilized Harry. This kid's not 13-he acts and is treated like an 8 year old. A fragile one at that.

Otherwise-the plot's good, the writing's good, most of the characterization's good.

So thanks for writing!
Oh gosh I love this. You've nailed it. I have PTSD, and honestly most of the portrayals of Harry with it are well-meaning but a little off. Kudos, friend.
BillBrink chapter 8 . 12/25/2016
How can Harry's father have had Trelawney as a teacher if she was in the process of being interviewed for the job shortly before Harry was born?
thebetawholived chapter 20 . 12/8/2016
This was an interesting and well-written story.

There was one main point of divergence from canon early on, and as the story progressed, it moved away slowly until there were significant differences, culminating with Harry's guardianship. In part because it was well-written and plausible, I found it frustrating to read. Over and over, the author brought us to the point where the adults were not trusting Harry, and it was exposed publicly for all to see. I kept waiting for Harry to blow up at his teachers and all the others, but when the blowup occurred, he had a much more appropriate target.

All-in-all, I enjoyed this. I'm looking forward to the sequel!
atymer chapter 20 . 12/4/2016
Enjoyable take on canon. I would have loved for Remus to do this in the books!
SortingHat chapter 16 . 11/22/2016
It's called the Fucking Marauder Map! Peter would show up on it because the map never lies!

This fanfic is on dope or something strong.
SortingHat chapter 14 . 11/22/2016
"It's rather sad that there are so many people willing to criticize something yet do nothing to change it"

Guess what that is a good red flag that blows evolution out of the water"

Evolution is literally just scientific guesses crafted by creative bull shit to make it sound all pretty and nice with no actual proof once the bonnet is opened up for everyone to see then those who spill the beans get silenced or punished.

Reason is because the education has milked on it so long if Evolution is proven false thousands and thousands of jobs would be wasted and millions of dollars spent for nothing.

A LOT of angry people would be out there in the soup lines or on welfare checks.

So right now I can see why the higher ups cover their butts because of the shit storm that would follow and fuck society up.

Then to complicate things further various special interest groups that believe in Evolution but have nothing to do promoting it would want their agenda said/heard and join the angry mob.

This is called the Russian Revolution with no clear goal or direction it will turn into a free-for-all mob.

THAT is where the military lock down police state would come in as that will be the only answer by that point in time.

Evolution IS a conspiracy and a long one at that
SortingHat chapter 13 . 11/22/2016
Loop hole alert! AHOOOOOOOOOOOOOGA! All hands on deck! This is DEFCON level 2!

I just wantto point out that Worm Tail should've shown up on the Maruder's Map in a constant spot up in the Gryffindor Tower.

Loop hole alert!
SortingHat chapter 13 . 11/22/2016
This fanfic is getting nowhere fast. It's like a giant therapy session and not even a good one at that.
SortingHat chapter 12 . 11/22/2016
This is the end result of what you get when you have a society full of lies and deceit not honoring the Christian values of life on an individual basis.

Like it? Want more of it?
SortingHat chapter 11 . 11/22/2016
The wind and rain part is often right in the winter but the thunder and lightning is way off base. Britain doesn't get the right airmasses and mixing needed for thunder and lightning so it's a *treat* for weather watchers when it happens.

Sometimes in the spring and summer they can get cold fronts that bring a few flashes and a clap or two of *thunder* as they call it but that's pretty much it. *Garden Variety* weather is what it's often called.

Summer time they can get what is called a *Spanish Plume* after a long heatwave which are fun to track and those can bring lots of lightning and occasionally flash flooding with 25-70mm of rain in just a few hours but it's not very often and very scattered. But when it does strike severe travel disruption is the result.

The Midlands and SE England are the *most prone* areas at risk during the summertime and some years it can be quite noisy when it happens and cricket matches/horse racing will get washed out.
SortingHat chapter 9 . 11/22/2016
Yeah the whole thing is *Riddikulus* to begin with.
SortingHat chapter 8 . 11/22/2016
As good as thiws fic is the story is still biased against Slytherins and shoe horns the other houses.

I can ssee the bias oozing out from your writing no matter how well you try to *hide* it.

As much as people love to stick to Canon it becomes easily predictable and I already guessed that Harry was going to have extra training and he would not talk about his abuse to his friends because Harry is not very independent in canon.

At least the Dumbledore bashing fanfics does ask questions that leads to interesting developments.

It doesn't hurt to use creative licensing to deal with unanswered questions or poorly answered questions.
SortingHat chapter 7 . 11/22/2016
This is why parks have signs that warn DON'T FEED THE BEAR!.

You feed one bear you will be feeding them all! Then they won't know how to fend for themselves the natural way and the whole eco-system will be screwed up royal.
1,171 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »